How to switch email associated with Xbox Live account--without having an Xbox

Discus and support How to switch email associated with Xbox Live account--without having an Xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I would like to change the email address associated with my Xbox Live account. Most procedures I have seen say you have to do this on an Xbox 360 (for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by veggymight, Oct 22, 2014.

1. veggymight
    veggymight Guest

I would like to change the email address associated with my Xbox Live account. Most procedures I have seen say you have to do this on an Xbox 360 (for example, see

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account
    ). I don't have an Xbox 360 or any Xbox for that matter. I first got the Xbox Live account when I got my first Windows Phone. I now use a
    different primary email but would like to keep my old gamertag and achievements for use on my Windows Phone and Windows 8.1. How to do this with no Xbox?

Thanks,

Pete

:)

veggymight, Oct 22, 2014
  2. HBmeg
    HBmeg Guest
    Changing the hotmail account asociated with my xbox live account

My hotmail account was recently hacked. I was wondering how i change the email address associated with my live account without having to make a new xbox account

HBmeg, Oct 22, 2014
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Change your Xbox LIVE account information

Overview

It is possible to change information associated with your Xbox LIVE account like your name, address, phone number or email address.

Note: You cannot change the country that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account. If you have moved to another country and you would like to access Xbox LIVE from there, you have to create a new Xbox LIVE account in your new location.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on Xbox.com

1) Go to My Account and Sign In with your Microsoft Account. (This is the email and password that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account).

2) Make the changes you want to your billings account information and then click Save.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on your console.

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Proceed to Settings, and then select Account.

3) Select Your Information, and then go to Billing Information.

4) Sign In with your Microsoft account password.

5) Change your billing account information and then click Done.

In case you want to change the billing name on your Xbox LIVE account, go to Xbox.com

xboxfelix, Oct 22, 2014
  4. veggymight
    veggymight Guest

To clarify, I want to transfer my gamertag and achievements from one Microsoft account to another, not change the email associated with the account I currently use. In other words:

I have gamertag1 on account1

I have gamertag 2 on account2

I am using account2 and want gamertag1 and all the achievements to be associated with account2.

Thanks,

Pete

veggymight, Oct 22, 2014
  5. veggymight Win User

To clarify, I want to transfer my gamertag and achievements from one Microsoft account to another, not change the email associated with the account I currently use. In other words:

I have gamertag1 on account1

I have gamertag 2 on account2

I am using account2 and want gamertag1 and all the achievements to be associated with account2.

Thanks,

Pete
  6. DigitalAssassin Win User

signing in 2different names

7. An Xbox Dude Win User

window live id

Okay so looks like you want to switch Windows LIVE IDs. You're going to have to create a whole new Windows LIVE ID to associate with this account you are posting with to free up that email. Then switch the Windows LIVE ID on the other account. Here is a
    guide on how to swich Windows LIVE IDs on an account.
    support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id.aspx
  8. Its Niceguy Win User

Moving my xbox account onto another hotmail email address

Hello CoV,

Click
    Here
    on how to change your email associated with your Xbox Live account
  9. boomer addict Win User

can't change Microsoft-Account to log in!

I have a very old Comcast email account associated with my Xbox Live gamer tag. I have tried multiple times to change that password, but the account no longer exists. I have another gamer tag associated with my MS Account, but it doesn't have XBOX live.
    I could change that password, but now I don't have xbox live. How can this be fixed? I have tried multiple scenarios without luck and am paying for Xbox Live but unable to use it.
Thema:

1. How to switch email associated with Xbox Live account--without having an Xbox - Similar Threads - switch email associated

2. email switch without losing original email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    email switch without losing original email.: I use my email all the time. My email is attached to my sons xbox game pass. How do I replace it without losing my email address with his or affecting how I sing into my email....
  3. What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?: I got my Xbox when I was pretty young so I had to use my parents email in order to have a Xbox and now I'm just tired of needing to log in on their email or have to contact them in order to get...
  4. Switching my Xbox account's email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching my Xbox account's email.: I am attempting to change the email of my Xbox account from one of a relative's, and while adding my email as and alias, in an attempt to then remove the other one so that my current one became...
  5. I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...: My Xbox main account was made with someone else's Microsoft email, and unfortunately he's not around anymore and i have been meaning to change the accounts email but i cant get the verification...
  6. I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...: My Xbox main account was made with someone else's Microsoft email, and unfortunately he's not around anymore and i have been meaning to change the accounts email but i cant get the verification...
  7. I need help deleting my xbox account without deleting my microsoft account or switching emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help deleting my xbox account without deleting my microsoft account or switching emails: I just need to switch my email on xbox accounts but the email i want to swtich to is reserved to one of my other accounts. is there any possible way that someone can swtich the email on my...
  8. Switching Account emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching Account emails: So I've had my Xbox account for over 10 years across 3 consoles, however I'm starting to move on in my life a bit. My Xbox account is tied to me Dad's main Microsoft account, which he uses for...
  9. Switching Xbox Account Email without messing with the email the account is under

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching Xbox Account Email without messing with the email the account is under: Hello When i first got my xbox account it was under my moms email is there anyway for me to change it without messing with my moms email and removing it i have tried looking it up and its making...
  10. Am I able to switch the email or just move it to another account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to switch the email or just move it to another account?: Hello, I have an xbox account from years ago but since I was a child my father used his email for it. He still frequently uses that email and I heard if you switch the primary email it just...