How to switch cross pad as default instead of left analog stick?

Discus and support How to switch cross pad as default instead of left analog stick? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I am using xbox360 joypad for PC gaming. Most games recognize the left analog stick as default to control my character and it is uncomfortable... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jin8864, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Jin8864
    Jin8864 Guest

Hello.

I am using xbox360 joypad for PC gaming. Most games recognize the left analog stick as default to control my character and it is uncomfortable for 2D games. How do I switch it?

Thanks.

:)

Jin8864, Oct 10, 2016
  2. Dre G Writer
    Dre G Writer Guest
    Help here problems with dpad changing weapons and bow...

You must hold LEFT or the RIGHT on the D-PAD. NOT the analog sticks. you hold the right d-pad down and you will see a number show up next to the item highlighted to hotkey that item to the right d pad.

Also, quick tip, you can actually switch between three things with two handed items.

lets say you have a two handed item hot keyed to the d pad(lets use right), and you have two spells in your hand, you hit the right d-pad, you switch to your two handed weapon, when you hit right on the d pad again, its brings up the two spells you last
    had in your hand. same with the left. you can have a two handed weapon on the left, and a bow on the right, and duel wield two weapons or spells and switch between all three of them on the fly.

This is how you can switch between three things.

I have poisons hotkeyed to the left d-pad and my bow hotkeyed to the left, and when I need to heal, I hit the right on my d-pad to unequip my bow and that brings up my conjur spell and healing spell and then I hit the right d-pad again to switch back to
    my bow and then I hit the left d pad to use a poison on the bow.

Dre G Writer, Oct 10, 2016
  3. W4RMIND
    W4RMIND Guest
    The Orange box HELP

Do you mean left on the d-pad or analog stick.

W4RMIND, Oct 10, 2016
  4. MattyMidway
    MattyMidway Guest

You're posting in the wrong thread for your issue. Try posting in the Xbox 360 accessories section (link below) and you might get some help. As for your issue unfortunately, I'm not sure of the solution. Thanks!

forums.xbox.com/.../7.aspx

MattyMidway, Oct 10, 2016
  5. MattyMidway Win User

You're posting in the wrong thread for your issue. Try posting in the Xbox 360 accessories section (link below) and you might get some help. As for your issue unfortunately, I'm not sure of the solution. Thanks!

forums.xbox.com/.../7.aspx
  6. W4RMIND Win User

The Orange box HELP

Do you mean left on the d-pad or analog stick.
  7. Trippul G Win User

FM5 d-pad steetring

Why on earth would you want to steer with a clunky d-pad instead of the relative precision of an analog stick?
  8. Entwine Win User

XBOX ONE Controller lag

As an update I noticed moving from left to right very quick using the analog stick there is a slight delay on the home page too, however this delay does not appear to be present using the d-pad.

This is suspiciously pointing towards the left analog stick input.

Can anyone else try this and see?

p.s. I have tried two fully functioning pads with the latest firmware (it may be the firmware)
  9. Inapplicable Win User

controllers aint what they used to be.

Other than a control pad that was killed by getting thrown at a wall it's basically been general wear and tear for mine. The analog sticks on my Halo 3 pad are completely worn out and it now moves to the left on it's own but that
    pad was basically used exclusively for god knows how long.

Agreed on the headsets, they are awful.
Thema:

1. How to switch cross pad as default instead of left analog stick? - Similar Threads - switch cross pad

2. Nintendo switch minecraft dungeons cross platform error message

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Nintendo switch minecraft dungeons cross platform error message: Minecraft dungeons, i cannot host any cross play sessions from my nintendo switch. Nor can i join other dessions from xbox or ps4 from my switch. NAT is fine, microsoft settings, xbox settings,...
  3. Minecraft cross play switch to Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft cross play switch to Xbox: We are trying to play cross play from switch to Xbox on Minecraft. We have the switch with bedrock the cartridge version, we have a Microsoft account, we can connect to friend on pc, but when we...
  4. My Nintendo switch on minecraft says "you cannot join cross platform games without both a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Nintendo switch on minecraft says "you cannot join cross platform games without both a...: My Nintendo switch on minecraft says "you cannot join cross platform games without both a Microsoft Account and a Nintendo Account. Sign in with both accounts to join servers...
  5. My minecraft (ps4, pe, switch) won't show any cross-platform games how do if fix it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft (ps4, pe, switch) won't show any cross-platform games how do if fix it.: It's extremely agitating cause my friends and I can no longer play together 7ba30309-9121-47a4-a5c7-e0ef85a2d9a0
  6. Help! I'm trying to cross play Minecraft on my switch with friends, but it won't let me.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! I'm trying to cross play Minecraft on my switch with friends, but it won't let me.: As the title suggest, I'm trying to cross play Minecraft with some friends, but it doesn't let me join their worlds. Some of my friends play Xbox and others play PlayStation. I've tried looking...
  7. Xbox Minecraft cross play with switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Minecraft cross play with switch: [img] I have been trying to play Minecraft with my with on her switch and me on my Xbox and we used to be able to but for the last couple months it let’s be join the world then while loading in it...
  8. Minecraft - Nintendo Switch / PC Cross-play on same Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft - Nintendo Switch / PC Cross-play on same Microsoft account: I purchased my son Minecraft for the Nintendo Switch a few months ago and have since purchased Minecraft on PC for myself in hopes that we could play two player together (me on PC and him on the...
  9. Won’t let me cross play on Minecraft switch even with both accounts logged in!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Won’t let me cross play on Minecraft switch even with both accounts logged in!: Whenever i try and play on servers it says i cannot join cross-platform games without both a Microsoft and Nintendo switch account. However i am already signed into both accounts. How do i fix...
  10. Nintendo Switch Minecraft Cross Platfrom

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nintendo Switch Minecraft Cross Platfrom: Hi all, I’m having issues playing cross playfrom multiplayer Minecraft with my friends. I’m trying to connect on my switch but whenever I try to join it says “error occured”. I already checked...