How to switch between Turtle Beach wireless and standard XB1 wired headset for chat?

Discus and support How to switch between Turtle Beach wireless and standard XB1 wired headset for chat? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey everyone! I recently got a TB Stealth 500x headset, so far I really like it, full wireless chat and sound is very nice. But, I have a question. Is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ranger Radiant, Aug 29, 2015.

1. How to switch between Turtle Beach wireless and standard XB1 wired headset for chat?

Hey everyone! I recently got a TB Stealth 500x headset, so far I really like it, full wireless chat and sound is very nice. But, I have a question. Is there an easy way to switch back to using the basic Xbox One headset, plugged into the controller,
    without actually having to unplug the TB base/transmitter from the XB1?

Just so everyone understands, the base station for the TB Stealth 500x plugs into a USB port on the XB1, and as soon as you turn on the XB1, the headset is assigned to it's default user profile, and becomes the default device recognized for chat. If
    I don't want to use the full TB headset, and just want to use the basic XB1 wired headset, when I plug it in to the controller, the XB1 won't use it, when I join a party or game, the TB headset is still seen as the active chat device. The only way I have figured
    out so far to switch back to the basic XB1 headset is to physically unplug the TB transmitter USB from the XB1, otherwise the TB just overrides everything and holds onto chat priority. This is a minor hassle, but a hassle none the less. Any ideas would be
    appreciated.

:)

Ranger Radiant, Aug 29, 2015
  2. GMAN990
    GMAN990 Guest
    GMAN990, Aug 29, 2015
  3. GMAN990
    GMAN990 Guest
    GMAN990, Aug 29, 2015
  4. CODukes4 Win User

Switching between Turtle Beach wireless and standard XB1 headset?

I'm almost certain you need to physically unplug it.

I use my TB headset for COD and late night gaming...I switch to the standard headset for everything else. I unplug/replug when I switch.
  5. GMAN990 Win User

Router

6. DONNY DOG No1 Win User

headsets

dynamic sausage the polk and the turtle beach xb1 headsets are wireless to the xbox but wired to the controller , and ive just decided im going polk as theyve fully teamed up with the xb1 like you said got to be safest bet
  7. GMAN990 Win User

Turtle Beach disconnects me from live

8. Upinya Slayin Win User

Xbox One Wireless Headset.

[quote user="xxxxGRUMPYxxxx"]

Polk 4 shots, and Turtle Beach X07 are being made strictly forthe Xbox One and are wireless except for the cable to the controller. Turtle Beach is also making the X04 that is wired. Date seeing are February, but no one really knows.

[/quote]

Wireless means no wires. its not "wireless" if it still has a wire to my controller. by that logic the chat headset taht comes with the system is wireless :(
Thema:

How to switch between Turtle Beach wireless and standard XB1 wired headset for chat?

1. How to switch between Turtle Beach wireless and standard XB1 wired headset for chat? - Similar Threads - switch between Turtle

2. Child can switch between accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child can switch between accounts: I have a passcode and all restrictions set up. However on my “non home” Xbox, my child can switch between my sign in and the child account. This causes concern on my end Any clues?...
  3. How to transfer worlds between switch and pc with only mc acc no realms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer worlds between switch and pc with only mc acc no realms: i just got mc for my computer but i was dissapointed when i loaded up bedrock to see none of my worlds from switch were on my pc. to clarify i have used my ms acc on switch. i would like to know...
  4. I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop: When I go to sign out and back to sign in it goes automatically back to a different account than the one I want. Also if i take to long to press sign in then it goes back automatically. I have...
  5. Can you switch saved game data between profiles?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you switch saved game data between profiles?: Dear Microsoft, My kids have extensive progress on several games On my my profile from when they were small. They have their own Profiles now. Is it possible to switch their save game progress...
  6. help w/ transferring Minecraft worlds between PS5 n Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    help w/ transferring Minecraft worlds between PS5 n Switch: ok so i am having a difficult time transferring my Minecraft worlds between PS5 n Switch, I am signed into my Microsoft acct n I click on sync worlds from my Switch, nothing syncs, plz help. i...
  7. child switching between his account and my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    child switching between his account and my account: Does anyone know how to prevent my child from switching between his account and my account a6bab2c7-2654-4459-ba80-056811138c1a
  8. Is there any way to switch between the My games and apps and MS Store tile at the bottom...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there any way to switch between the My games and apps and MS Store tile at the bottom...: Pics of my home screen and my friend's one submitted by /u/VeeJay_NK [link] [comments]
  9. Can we get the option to switch between versions of Dashboards/Home Screens?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can we get the option to switch between versions of Dashboards/Home Screens?: I say versions but I just mean of how it looks, some people like the new style and others like me like the classic version, personally I loved how convenient it was and how it had that old similar...
  10. Can I switch Xbox consoles between family members?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I switch Xbox consoles between family members?: My son has an Xbox Series S, and my daughter has an Xbox Series X. Both with All Access. My son plays way more than my daughter and has worked it out with his sister to trade Xbox consoles. What...