How to switch between HMDI input and USB Digital TV Tuner on XBOX ONE?

Discus and support How to switch between HMDI input and USB Digital TV Tuner on XBOX ONE? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been using the Digital TV Tuner but now I want to watch something I recorded on Sky which is connected through the HDMI. How to get I switch back... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Andrew.Warriner, Oct 27, 2014.

1. How to switch between HMDI input and USB Digital TV Tuner on XBOX ONE?

I've been using the Digital TV Tuner but now I want to watch something I recorded on Sky which is connected through the HDMI. How to get I switch back to viewing the HDMI input?

Thanks,

Andrew

:)

Andrew.Warriner, Oct 27, 2014
  2. Switch between Sky box input and USB TV tuner

hi, I recently bought a USB TV tuner and plugged it in . I set it up using Freeview settings and it works perfectly. However, I’ve lost my Sky input (on HDMI pass-through) and can’t find a way of switching between Sky and Freview. Am I missing something?
    Many thanks!

GR

StuffierOdin400, Oct 27, 2014
  3. XBOX One + Digital TV tuner (USB) + DVB-T2 rod antenna is not working ...

Hello,

I try to watch TV with a DVB-T2 rod antenna, the Digital TV tuner (USB) on the XBOX One.

If I carry out the channel search, the XBOX One finds no channels.

So here are my question:

1. Does the Digital TV Tuner (USB) work with a DVB-T2 rod antenna at all?

If the Digital TV Tuner (USB) work with a DVB-T2 rod antenna at all, so what am I doing wrong?

Thank you, Ardan

Ardan Vulpayne, Oct 27, 2014
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there The Wozza UK!

Try scrolling all the way down the OneGuide channel menu and see if there is an option that says 'HDMI In'. Let us know if that works out! How to switch between HMDI input and USB Digital TV Tuner on XBOX ONE? :)

Mister Beep, Oct 28, 2014
  5. Hi Andrew,

I bought the digital TV tuner today and I had the same problem on the Xbox One.

I just spent an hour with Xbox support and finally solved the problem myself.

Basically there is no way this can be done from the TV app as the Digital tuner take full control of the app. I suppose in the next few updates they will make a way to do this.

However I found a way around it. It is a bit long but its the only way i know to work.

- While on live TV

- Go to settings

- The TV & OneGuide

- Audio & Video

- HDMI (Once you click this, the Xbox one will show the signal it can find through HDMI)

- Click Next (It will take you back to the Audio & Video page)

- Go back to the TV app and it will automatically switch to the HDMI input (You may have to close and reopen it or just keep going back to exit the settings page as it opens in the TV app ...weirdly...)

This should help. Hope it helps others too.

Kind Regards.

RulingBread2191, Oct 31, 2018
  6. RulingBread2191 Win User

Hi Andrew,

I bought the digital TV tuner today and I had the same problem on the Xbox One.

I just spent an hour with Xbox support and finally solved the problem myself.

Basically there is no way this can be done from the TV app as the Digital tuner take full control of the app. I suppose in the next few updates they will make a way to do this.

However I found a way around it. It is a bit long but its the only way i know to work.

- While on live TV

- Go to settings

- The TV & OneGuide

- Audio & Video

- HDMI (Once you click this, the Xbox one will show the signal it can find through HDMI)

- Click Next (It will take you back to the Audio & Video page)

- Go back to the TV app and it will automatically switch to the HDMI input (You may have to close and reopen it or just keep going back to exit the settings page as it opens in the TV app ...weirdly...)

This should help. Hope it helps others too.

Kind Regards.
  7. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there The Wozza UK!

Try scrolling all the way down the OneGuide channel menu and see if there is an option that says 'HDMI In'. Let us know if that works out! :)
  8. Arseny Kravchenko Win User

EasyCap USB 2.0 Capture Card: Question???

Connecting a game console over a TV tuner to PC is not recommended, because most tuners are analog input. If a digital source is connected, it decodes its signal to analog, then the tuner chip encodes the analog signal back to digital to be displayed/heard
    on the PC. Unless your PC has a very fast CPU and the tuner has a fast encoder, that setup is unrecommended, you can get ping issues between what actually happens on the console and what is displayed/heard on the PC. Or use a tuner with a HDMI input to record
    digitally directly, but even in this case a fast PC is required to record HD, and I even doubt that TV tuners with HDMI are exist on the market.
  9. C00L80L7x24601 Win User

USB Digital TV Tuner no longer finds any channels after disconnecting, reconnecting and rescanning

This may be irrelevant, but I have a question about the TV tuner. I understand that you plug the tuner into the XB1 through USB, not HDMI. I have an Xbox 360 hooked up to my XB1 through the HDMI-in port. In order to play 360 games, I have to use the TV app,
    and the TV tuner uses the TV app as well in order to work. I also understand that when you plug in the TV tuner, the OneGuide separates the TV tuner channels from the "HDMI content". My question is this: if I have a TV tuner with a coax cable connected through
    the XB1's USB port AND an Xbox 360 connected through the XB1'S HDMI-in port (both at the same time), can I switch between my Xbox 360 and my TV tuner when using the TV app? Thanks for the help!
  10. JayAers Win User

TV Tuner not recognised on Xbox One X

Hi,

I already follow this Guide to set up the Digital TV Tuner but when i'm on step "Set up your USB TV tuner", my tuner isn't recognized by the Xbox One X and tell me to plug it.
Thema:

1. How to switch between HMDI input and USB Digital TV Tuner on XBOX ONE? - Similar Threads - switch between HMDI

2. Child can switch between accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child can switch between accounts: I have a passcode and all restrictions set up. However on my “non home” Xbox, my child can switch between my sign in and the child account. This causes concern on my end Any clues?...
  3. How to transfer worlds between switch and pc with only mc acc no realms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer worlds between switch and pc with only mc acc no realms: i just got mc for my computer but i was dissapointed when i loaded up bedrock to see none of my worlds from switch were on my pc. to clarify i have used my ms acc on switch. i would like to know...
  4. I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop: When I go to sign out and back to sign in it goes automatically back to a different account than the one I want. Also if i take to long to press sign in then it goes back automatically. I have...
  5. Can you switch saved game data between profiles?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you switch saved game data between profiles?: Dear Microsoft, My kids have extensive progress on several games On my my profile from when they were small. They have their own Profiles now. Is it possible to switch their save game progress...
  6. help w/ transferring Minecraft worlds between PS5 n Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    help w/ transferring Minecraft worlds between PS5 n Switch: ok so i am having a difficult time transferring my Minecraft worlds between PS5 n Switch, I am signed into my Microsoft acct n I click on sync worlds from my Switch, nothing syncs, plz help. i...
  7. child switching between his account and my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    child switching between his account and my account: Does anyone know how to prevent my child from switching between his account and my account a6bab2c7-2654-4459-ba80-056811138c1a
  8. Is there any way to switch between the My games and apps and MS Store tile at the bottom...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there any way to switch between the My games and apps and MS Store tile at the bottom...: Pics of my home screen and my friend's one submitted by /u/VeeJay_NK [link] [comments]
  9. Can we get the option to switch between versions of Dashboards/Home Screens?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can we get the option to switch between versions of Dashboards/Home Screens?: I say versions but I just mean of how it looks, some people like the new style and others like me like the classic version, personally I loved how convenient it was and how it had that old similar...
  10. Can I switch Xbox consoles between family members?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I switch Xbox consoles between family members?: My son has an Xbox Series S, and my daughter has an Xbox Series X. Both with All Access. My son plays way more than my daughter and has worked it out with his sister to trade Xbox consoles. What...