How to stop Xbox Series S from freezing and making buzzing noise?

Discus and support How to stop Xbox Series S from freezing and making buzzing noise? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've looked for an answer to this for days without finding anything. To clarify a bit, my Xbox freezes and the audio from the TV makes a loud buzzing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jacob Leonard, Jul 21, 2023.

1. How to stop Xbox Series S from freezing and making buzzing noise?

I've looked for an answer to this for days without finding anything.

To clarify a bit, my Xbox freezes and the audio from the TV makes a loud buzzing noise. The light on my controller starts flashing and continuously switches between being unresponsive and functioning with lag. Even after closing a game, the home screen freezes for a few seconds at a time.

I can temporarily fix this by removing the power cord and turning it back on, but it happens again the next time I start up the xbox after a few minutes of playing games. I have also found that the issue seems to go away after taking the console off power saving mode. However, a soft reset didn't change anything. Reinstalling the game causing this also didn't change anything and the problem persisted after trying a different game as well.

This also seems to happen whenever I plug headphones into my controller. Is it possible that it's just a controller issue?

:)

Jacob Leonard, Jul 21, 2023
  2. Jacob Leonard Win User

I appreciate the response.

My console is not enrolled in Xbox Insider. If I had another controller to test, I would have done so. Unfortunately, I only have one.

I can't seem to downgrade the firmware even after following the steps in the link. After I press "Check your controller's firmware," it just gives an error message saying that the controller is already up to date.
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Jacob, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I understand you’re having some trouble when trying to use your console. Let’s try to sort this out.

However, before that, I would like to ask some questions:

Is your console enrolled in the Xbox insider program?
    Are you not able to test if the issue occurs with a different controller?

Meanwhile, you may want to try downgrading your controller firmware. In case the latest update is causing some conflict.

You can review the steps by visiting the article below:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  4. Hosam Rayes Win User

Hey jacob, do u find any answers, i have the same problem here 😭
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

This is your console crashing and going into protect mode to prevent data corruption

This could indicate a failing hard drive in the patterns you specify

I would send it in for repair
  6. Jacob Leonard Win User

Yeah, that's kind of what I was afraid of. Do you know if this would be covered by the limited warranty? Not exactly sure how any of it works.
Thema:

1. How to stop Xbox Series S from freezing and making buzzing noise? - Similar Threads - stop Series freezing

2. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  3. I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox series S: Out of the blue I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox, I though it was something in my settings but I have everything on, the only thing I don't get is when people get on notifications and...
  4. Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving: My controller suddenly started cycling through a menu of my game and wont stop when i move left it goes right when i move down it jumps back up i don't know that's happening. Ive tried hard...
  5. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  6. “Installation Stopped” Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Installation Stopped” Xbox Series X: Bought a xbox series x last weekend, downloaded some games succesfully with no issue, finally a tried downloading WRC 10 and keeps stopping at exactly 9.66 GB, tried everything on the internet,...
  7. Trying to download games to my Xbox series S and keep getting a "Instillation stopped"...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to download games to my Xbox series S and keep getting a "Instillation stopped"...: I have already followed the steps listed in old forums for this same issue. Can someone give me a better answer than "try turning it off and on again" or "try deleting your Xbox to factory...
  8. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  9. Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations: Hi recently when installing some games my xbox gets about half way then clicks once or twice before stopping the install and I have to manually restart it any idea what this could be? It only...
  10. Xbox series X light wont stop blinking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X light wont stop blinking: Hello, I have had my series x for a year and about 2 days ago it just keeps blinking and blinking and it wont turn off. I have to unplug it for it to shut down or if i click the eject button it...