How to stop the Xbox Series X/S screen from dimming while watching movies on apps?

Discus and support How to stop the Xbox Series X/S screen from dimming while watching movies on apps? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So far all I can do is set the idle to 60 minutes but movies are longer than 60 minutes, so the screen dims after the 60 minutes is up. The Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Eagl97, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Eagl97
    Eagl97 Guest

How to stop the Xbox Series X/S screen from dimming while watching movies on apps?

So far all I can do is set the idle to 60 minutes but movies are longer than 60 minutes, so the screen dims after the 60 minutes is up.

The Xbox should recognize when an app is in use and not dim like the Playstation.

:)

Eagl97, Nov 6, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey mate, how are you today? Hope you're well.

So, actually the console should indeed recognize when it's in use. My Series S or even my series X they don't dimmed while watching movies on it. :/

Try this on the console mate:

First clean the cache of your console that way:

1. Hold the XBOX power button on the console for 10 seconds until you hear a small sound.

2. Wait 10 seconds.

3. Turn it back on.

Note: It may take a while for him to call, don't worry, it's normal.

Then, restore your console keeping the games and apps:

***IMPORTANT*** If you share accounts with someone, you will have to redo the process of placing the account as the main one again, be aware of the chances you still have to do this, as Microsoft makes available per year, only 5 chances so you can make some account your console's main account.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console Information >

3. Select Reset console > Restore and keep my games and apps.

******This part is crucial ok?*****

4. When asking to pull settings from an old xbox, put no

5. You will have to log in your accounts again, and when you sign in with your account, make sure you turn it has your home console also, that's it.

NOTE: Rest assured, you won't lose games or saves
  3. KyleFoote Win User

Xbox one dimming

I mean when the screen dims when it goes into idle. When i watch a movie or tv the screen dims
  4. implantedwall14 Win User

ME3 love interests

I like the X-Men :p I watch the series from the 90's (Its on at like 2 in the morning, so I record it) and the newer one that was cancelled a while ago, X- Men Evolution, and I watch the movies. Never actually read the comics, but I know my fair share
    about the series.
  5. tallknight Win User

HBO Now issues

My HBO NOW app will dim the screen after watching a movie/episode for 10 minutes or so, and I have to move the joystick or press on the controller to get it to not dim. This only started after the last update. Please fix
  6. oUNDEAD ZOMBIEo Win User

My Opinions, Thoughts and Concerns.

Did you have an Xbox 360, pkvas? The screen never dimmed while watching movies of any sort (Dvd, Netflix, Streaming media from PC..etc). It's only when idle and no action at all that it goes dim. If the 360 has the feature, why not carry that over to
    the Xbox One. It's a pretty big deal for a lot of people. You might not understand it completely, but it is.
Thema:

1. How to stop the Xbox Series X/S screen from dimming while watching movies on apps? - Similar Threads - stop Series screen

2. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  3. I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox series S: Out of the blue I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox, I though it was something in my settings but I have everything on, the only thing I don't get is when people get on notifications and...
  4. Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving: My controller suddenly started cycling through a menu of my game and wont stop when i move left it goes right when i move down it jumps back up i don't know that's happening. Ive tried hard...
  5. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  6. “Installation Stopped” Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Installation Stopped” Xbox Series X: Bought a xbox series x last weekend, downloaded some games succesfully with no issue, finally a tried downloading WRC 10 and keeps stopping at exactly 9.66 GB, tried everything on the internet,...
  7. Trying to download games to my Xbox series S and keep getting a "Instillation stopped"...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to download games to my Xbox series S and keep getting a "Instillation stopped"...: I have already followed the steps listed in old forums for this same issue. Can someone give me a better answer than "try turning it off and on again" or "try deleting your Xbox to factory...
  8. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  9. Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations: Hi recently when installing some games my xbox gets about half way then clicks once or twice before stopping the install and I have to manually restart it any idea what this could be? It only...
  10. Xbox series X light wont stop blinking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X light wont stop blinking: Hello, I have had my series x for a year and about 2 days ago it just keeps blinking and blinking and it wont turn off. I have to unplug it for it to shut down or if i click the eject button it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series s screen dimming stopping download fix