How to stop games attempting to load the deleted xbox game bar every time

Discus and support How to stop games attempting to load the deleted xbox game bar every time in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; i have deleted Xbox game bar, and i don't want it back, but when i load a game i get an error message that it is attempting to load the bar but cannot... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Vaseth, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Vaseth
    Vaseth Guest

i have deleted Xbox game bar, and i don't want it back, but when i load a game i get an error message that it is attempting to load the bar but cannot

how do i stop this message? registry edit of some kind?

:)

Vaseth, Sep 7, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

you agree to the terms and software provided in windows when you install it, removing the xbox functions will break things down the line that will be required as they are system files. every update will re install as has been said. if you don't like how windows is then you may need to move to linux as windows is provided for free by microsoft and they can do whatever they want to the OS.

i am in the process of moving to linux, just waiting for the final puzzle piece to be sorted which is easy anticheat to be enabled.

also on top of the above, if you have any games from microsoft via steam you will need gamebar for them to work properly as they use the xbox live.
  3. Vaseth Win User

thanks for the reply, i have changed Appcapture in registry to 0, i don't have gamedvr_enabled Dword present in that location, would it be worth creating it to set it to 0?
  4. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi Vaseth,

Thank you for the response.

How did it go after setting the Appcapture value in the registry to 0? Did it fix the issue or not? If not, you may then proceed creating an entry for GameDVR_Enabled and setting it to 0 also then see how would it go.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

you cannot delete Xbox functions from windows, while you can hide them in some ways, they are required for Xbox games to function. They are built in the windows, they do not take up a significant amount of space, and they will be restored every time windows is updated

If you wish to play Xbox games from the windows store, you're going to have to use Xbox utilities
  6. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi Vaseth,

Welcome to Microsoft Xbox Community Forum. I understand that you are experiencing an issue with games attempting to load the deleted Xbox game bar every time you launch a game.

To stop games from attempting to load the deleted Xbox game bar, you can try the following steps:

Step 1: Disable the Xbox Game Bar from the Windows Settings

1. Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.

2. Click on Gaming.

3. Click on Xbox Game Bar.

4. Toggle off the switch for "Enable Xbox Game Bar".

Step 2: Disable the Xbox Game Bar from the Registry Editor

One possible cause is that some registry entries related to the Xbox game bar are still present on your device, even after uninstalling the app. To fix this, you need to edit the registry and delete those entries. However, this is a risky operation that may cause damage to your device if done incorrectly. Therefore, I recommend that you back up your registry before proceeding and follow the instructions carefully. See this page first for details on how to back up the registry then follow the steps below: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows - Microsoft Support

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

2. Type "regedit" and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.

3. Navigate to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

4. Double-click on "AppCaptureEnabled" and change its value to "0".

5. Double-click on "GameDVR_Enabled" and change its value to "0".

6. Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer.

Another possible cause is that some games still have the Xbox game bar enabled in their settings, even if the app is not installed on your device. To fix this, you need to disable the Xbox game bar option in each game's settings. This may vary depending on the game, but usually you can find it under graphics, display, or general options.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
Thema:

1. How to stop games attempting to load the deleted xbox game bar every time - Similar Threads - stop games attempting

2. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Game Clips Stop Working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Clips Stop Working: Whenever I take a game clip it always stops working once I upload it to the Xbox Network, whenever I try and access the clip it gives me an error code. The one thing about this is that the only...
  5. How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming: Someone please help, my xboxs have a doible nat detected which is preventing any games or streaming from working 77a95849-09cd-4ff2-8746-a8be219db461
  6. How to stop "Winkey + Period" aka on screen (like) keyboard from Popping up during a game:...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to stop "Winkey + Period" aka on screen (like) keyboard from Popping up during a game:...: Hi there. I've recently gotten my very first gaming pc with official windows and all that. I still prefer to use my Xbox controller with most of my games and have had no trouble until now. With...
  7. Trying to download games to my Xbox series S and keep getting a "Instillation stopped"...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to download games to my Xbox series S and keep getting a "Instillation stopped"...: I have already followed the steps listed in old forums for this same issue. Can someone give me a better answer than "try turning it off and on again" or "try deleting your Xbox to factory...
  8. My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...: Xbox Series X wont update any games 0c506631-e9c2-4648-ae3a-4e83dd180656
  9. Game stop did me dirty

in XBoX on Windows
    Game stop did me dirty: Hello.. My name is Matthew I was at a GameStop location at the beginning of the month and purchased a new Xbox series x diablo eddition. First I was sold a used system and brought it back the next...
  10. My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...: This issue has been on here before but the solution didn't do anything to help. The problem is, when I go to install any disc games on my Xbox One S, they will download normally until reaching...