How to share Xbox Live with another console?

Discus and support How to share Xbox Live with another console? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My family recently set up a second Xbox console. We designated the first Xbox the home console in order to access Game Pass Ultimate on both accounts... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ben Price1, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Ben Price1
    Ben Price1 Guest

My family recently set up a second Xbox console. We designated the first Xbox the home console in order to access Game Pass Ultimate on both accounts on the home Xbox (my account was not the one the game pass was purchased on). I could play all single player Game Pass Games, but when I tried to go onto any multiplayer games (Sea of Thieves specifically) it said I needed to purchase the game pass, even though I obviously had it. It’s almost as though Xbox live did not transfer to my account from the account that had purchased the game pass. Does anyone know a solution to this?

:)

Ben Price1, Dec 29, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

We changed your primary Xbox, but be sure to assign it again if you reset the console and delete everything.
    Topics related to the main Xbox

When you install a digital game for the first time on your primary Xbox, the console retrieves an Xbox Live license so you can play it. The digital gaming license is linked to your primary Xbox and never expires unless you change your primary Xbox. This gives you access to your digital games whether you're online or offline.

Your friends and family members who are signed in on your primary Xbox also have access, even when you're not signed in. For example, a family member can play your titles when you are not using the console. You just need to sign in with your Xbox profile.

Important You can download, play and share your digital games on any Xbox console without having to change your primary Xbox. This is very useful if you have a second console or are playing on a friend's console. Everyone can enjoy your games if the console is connected and everyone is signed in to Xbox Live.

Share these items with anyone signed in to your primary Xbox:
    Games and downloadable content from the Microsoft Store
    Games from an Xbox Game Pass subscription

Account-specific items can't always be shared. These are some examples:
    Game-specific content like Minecraft Skin Mashups or Halo REQ Packs purchased with in-game coins.
    Game currencies, such as Minecraft Coins
    Some pre-order bonuses and limited edition content that can only be redeemed once

If you want to set another console as your primary Xbox:
    Press the Xbox  button on your controller to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, then select My Home Xbox.
    Do one of the following to change the state of your console:

To make this console your primary Xbox, select Set this console as my primary Xbox.
    To remove this console as your primary Xbox, select Make this console my primary Xbox, then select Remove it as my primary Xbox.

When you change your primary Xbox, shared licenses will no longer be available to other users playing on the previous primary console. You'll need to sign in and be online on the old Xbox console to allow them to use your games and apps (when you're not on the new main console).

The ability to play offline will also move to the new main console. When you download and launch any game on the new primary console, the license is registered on that console and this allows offline use.

You can change your primary Xbox a maximum of five times at any time in a one-year period. If you reach the limit for the year, we'll show you the next available date you can change it.
    Note Customer support does not offer additional changes.

Information source (credits):
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox

I hope I can help you solve it.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  3. shin92i Win User

Multiple Consoles

Good evening no it will not be possible to share the xbox live with him

The xbox live is shared between profiles on the main console of the subscriber account it cannot be shared on another console
  4. Jurgen1488 Win User

can i transfer xbox live over to a child

You can share your account with another account. This is how you share all memberships and games.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

Gamedata

Xbox Live sharing is for Xbox console only. Even though it is possible to share Xbox live and games on the console (I understand you are on PC) you can not share saved game data. It is not possible to transfer digital data from one account to another on
    either platform.
  6. PHILPLOP19D Win User

Second Xbox sharing my account?

Are you wanting to share your xbox live gold or your game library on another console?
Thema:

1. How to share Xbox Live with another console? - Similar Threads - share Live another

2. can an xbox live subscription be shared between 2 xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    can an xbox live subscription be shared between 2 xbox?: I have 2 sons, My oldest son has had an xbox for a few years now. My second son is getting an xbox for Christmas, is there a way for them to use the same xbox live subscription but have...
  3. Cannot share “Live” with new Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot share “Live” with new Series X: I have Game Pass Ultimate and a Series X. My wife had a One X. As of last night with her One X set as my Home box, she and I could play all of my games (purchased or Game Pass) and both play...
  4. When I try to click the live streaming button under capture and share, it won't load at all.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I try to click the live streaming button under capture and share, it won't load at all.: I try to click live streaming under Capture and share but it won't load at all. I've tried everything from restarting the console to resetting the console. Nothing is working and this all started...
  5. Trying to share Xbox live through game share

in XboX Insiders
    Trying to share Xbox live through game share: My friend is trying to share his Xbox game pass ultimate with me so we can play ufc4 and I made my Xbox his home but it still won’t share the ultimate subscription, I sign into his acc on my Xbox...
  6. 3 xboxs, 2x xbox live accounts .. home sharing to the same xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    3 xboxs, 2x xbox live accounts .. home sharing to the same xbox: Hi All, we have 2x live gold users and have 3 xboxes Account A is already home sharing on XBOX 3 can Account B (whom is also a live user) home share on XBOX 3 as well? ergo, can XBOX 3 have...
  7. Why is game sharing working with gamepass but not Xbox live?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is game sharing working with gamepass but not Xbox live?: My friend and I just started game sharing. I have game pass ultimate and he doesn’t. We both set my home Xbox for each others accounts and now he has access to game pass games, but still can’t...
  8. Xbox live and in game purchase share

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live and in game purchase share: I pay for xbox live and have bought in-game items but my son doesn't have them on his Xbox. I am signed in on his Xbox. Please help. b319df8c-13fb-42b8-abdf-ca79a3f26537
  9. My spouse and I are no longer able to share Xbox Live or games.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My spouse and I are no longer able to share Xbox Live or games.: My spouse and I are no longer able to share Xbox Live or games. It is requiring the person who bought the game to sign in in order to play. We have reset our consoles and made sure that person A...
  10. How do I share xbox live gold online feature with other profiles?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I share xbox live gold online feature with other profiles?: I have xbox live gold on one of the accounts on my xbox, but when I access a different account on the same Xbox I can no longer use the online features. I have already set my home xbox and all the...