How to share VPN from computer to xbox

Discus and support How to share VPN from computer to xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am attempting to setup share my VPN with my xbox series X. But xbox is not connecting a1328db9-4316-4e00-a2f9-58c800f34031 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Manny selah, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Manny selah
    Manny selah Guest

I am attempting to setup share my VPN with my xbox series X. But xbox is not connecting

:)

Manny selah, Jan 3, 2024
  2. Courtney Todd Win User

Hi Manny S, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

The use of VPNs to be able to redeem codes from regions that are foreign to the one you are physically located in or use VPN to perform other actions is not permitted, this could lead to a suspension or permanent ban of your account if Xbox discovers this.

This information is set out in the Xbox Community Standards on the following website:

https://www.xbox.com/legal/community-standards

Source (Credits, Gerardo C): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/61301691-4198-4958-9c03-1acf04e9ddd0

I hope you understand, I wish you good luck.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  3. RicardoDawkins Win User

DNS Error while using ICS

@Shad0wman

That is what I'm doing. Sharing the VPN connection

@Vibroplex

None of those IPs worked for the DNS. Not even the DNS from my router.

AutoDNS give me the same error.

if I share my primary internet connection with ICS to Local Area Connection 2 my Xbox connects to Live trough my computer. Notice that I'm not using the VPN connection.

But it gives me the following warning thanks to ICS

"You are connected to Xbox Live but your current network configuration limits your online experience"

it ask me to reset my router because my NAT type is set to Moderate.

But I need to connect by VPN. Preferably an USA based server. Does anyone knows a FREE VPN server that works for this?
  4. AMMARNAEEM Win User

can i use vpn to download a game on demand from a different region

Yes you can use VPN as it is best possible choice to download games from different regions. There are some precautions to get yourself secure from any possible bann. You need to follow 2 important methods in order to setup VPN on your XBox 360.

Method is about Share your Pc's VPN with XBOx360

2nd method is centralize VPN tunnel with router to assemble XBox360 and PC to pass through it.

Follow step by step instructions on how to setup VPN on XBox 360 by keeping all major precautions in mind in order to access different region games without being banned.

Source: http://www.vpnranks.com/xbox-360-vpn-setup/
  5. AznQTip888 Win User

Keep getting: Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again.

And yes, I was able to purchase via VPN from my computer and download on my xbox via overseas IP.
  6. C0ME at M3 BRO Win User

Wifi connection at a hotel

Well I have found a solution for those who cant get the hotels to unblock the ports. VPN. Pick your favorite VPN software(I used openvpn which is $12 for 50GB). Connect your Xbox One via ethernet to your laptop/PC. Then go to the adapter settings on your
    computer and the VPN software should have created its own virtual interface. Right click the interface and go to properties then the sharing tab. Check the first box where is says "Allow other network users to connect through this computer internet connections".
    And change the drop down box to the ethernet interface where the Xbox is connect through. Make sure your computer is connected to the Hotel Wi-fi and the VPN is connected to a server close to you in location. You might have to restart your Xbox but you should
    be good to go after that. Happy Gaming!!!
Thema:

1. How to share VPN from computer to xbox - Similar Threads - share VPN computer

2. Can I share my online status to certain people on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I share my online status to certain people on my friends list: I only want to appear online to only 2 of my friends on my friends list without blocking them how do I do it. If not possible I would like suggest this idea. 09caca8a-b118-49d8-baaa-5f8bf5fb2c9e
  3. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  4. Xbox recording and share in youtube games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox recording and share in youtube games: a very necessary function, like on the PlayStation 5 recording and uploading games to YouTube for at least 30 minutes submitted by /u/Prize_Material_2433 [link] [comments]
  5. Unfair for people who dont share there consoles

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unfair for people who dont share there consoles: I went through 3 xboxes in a year all 3 times they overheated. Then I got the 4th xbox and got a fan for it that worked but here is the conflict guess what caused me too use my other 2 home...
  6. Will game sharing include cloud gaming in the near future

in XBoX on Windows
    Will game sharing include cloud gaming in the near future: All the Xboxes in my house are connected and cloud gaming was very important while game sharing 1a21e7bc-507f-44b4-b36c-5b2683eb8aa2
  7. Gamepasdto Laptop, currently shared over two consoles.

in XboX Insiders
    Gamepasdto Laptop, currently shared over two consoles.: Hi, I currently have gamepass shared on one xbox x and one S. How would I remove it from the S and add it to my new laptop? Thanks. submitted by /u/East_Rooster9251 [link] [comments]
  8. Can you join a shared world on Minecraft if you share a Gamepass ultimate?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you join a shared world on Minecraft if you share a Gamepass ultimate?: Hi there My sons both have their own Xbox and share a Gamepass Ultimate. Now one son wants to join a world in Minecraft. He is unable to join is always suggests he needs to get Gamepass. He is...
  9. Can i use an macbook air 2020 M1 as a monitor for xbox series s by internet sharing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i use an macbook air 2020 M1 as a monitor for xbox series s by internet sharing?: I want to connect my xbox series s (i am getting soon) to my macbook air M1 2020, but when i did research it said that i couldn’t connect an xbox series s to my macbook but also gave me an option...
  10. Is sharing your own ip bannable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is sharing your own ip bannable?: So the other day someone threatened to DDOS me and I responded with sharing my VPN IP and this message was reported. Since then I was permanently banned on said account and my console was aswell,...