How to setup xbox series x, TV, and surround sound receiver?

Discus and support How to setup xbox series x, TV, and surround sound receiver? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Toshiba TV Series X Yamaha receiver I have the Receiver(HDMI out) connected to the TV(HDMI in) and the Receiver(HDMI #1) connected to the Xbox(HDMI... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jacob_218, Dec 17, 2023.

1. Jacob_218
    Jacob_218 Guest

Toshiba TV

Series X

Yamaha receiver

I have the Receiver(HDMI out) connected to the TV(HDMI in) and the Receiver(HDMI #1) connected to the Xbox(HDMI out). It was working perfectly fine, I was able to switch my audio settings on the xbox to 5.1. Then about a month goes by and I'm having audio issues. Everything turns on but the audio takes awhile to start. I usually just let something play on Netflix. It usually will just randomly start working but takes between 10min to a few hours to start working. I tried restarting everything and switching HDMIs but it didn't work. AS IM WRITING THIS the volume JUST started working lol after being on since 1pm, it's now 5:19pm. I had a samsung tv that I originally used for this setup but the TV started messing up. Didn't have a volume issue but the TV started turning on and off by itself so I unplugged it and plugged it back in. It worked fine after that, then about a month later it happened again. Then started happening more and more frequently until it one day it just kept restarting itself like every 15sec so that's when I replaced it with the Toshiba. Only reason I mention it is cause I have a feeling it might have something to do with the Receiver. I'm lost, anybody have any idea what could be going on??

:)

Jacob_218, Dec 17, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Jacob,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It sounds like there may be an issue with the HDMI connection between your Xbox and the receiver and this could be compatibility issue or settings that needs to be set.

Can we ask for the specific model of Yamaha receiver?

Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

Check the HDMI cable:

• Make sure the HDMI cable connecting the Xbox to the receiver is securely plugged in and not damaged.
    • You can also try using a different HDMI cable to see if that resolves the issue.

Check the receiver settings:

• Make sure the receiver is set to the correct input for the Xbox and that the audio settings are configured correctly.
    • You may need to consult the receiver's manual for instructions on how to do this.

Check the Xbox audio settings:

• Make sure the Xbox is set to output audio through the HDMI connection to the receiver.
    • You can check this by going to Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

Update firmware:

• Check if there are any firmware updates available for your receiver and Xbox and install them if necessary.

If issue persists, you may need to contact the manufacturer of your receiver for further assistance. For now, please try the troubleshooting as we check the settings that you can enable on Xbox for your concern.

We look forward to your response.

If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Koop10010 Win User

Bitstream Audio DTS / DD cannot get center channel to play audio with HDMI passthrough

Surround sound is disabled by default for the HDMI input. You need to go to Settings, TV & OneGuide, Troubleshooting, Audio to enable the surround sound beta.

Is your setup Xbox to receiver via HDMI? Or is the sound going through your TV first?
  5. Qui Gon Dabs Win User

Xbox Series X November Update broken sound.

I finally got mine to work I have a Sony TV and Sony receiver tried changing every setting on xbox series x but nothing worked so started messing with TV settings and in mine I went to the setup screen setting and then to AV setup and then digital audio out and changed to PCM and that worked! All apps and games use all speakers and sub and it's not stereo and is surround sound! On xbox I just have it set to dolby digital and no passthrough. Hope this helps.
  6. geekfather Win User

Help with setting up Xbox 360 S to Surround Sound

The way I have mine setup is HDMI from XBOX to HDMI input on TV. Then AV cables from TV to surround sound receiver. I did not read where you had tried that but on my surround sound it works perfect. Just a thought :)
Thema:

1. How to setup xbox series x, TV, and surround sound receiver? - Similar Threads - setup series surround

2. Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....: I have Twitch on my Xbox Series X, but the new console is very different from my last Xbox One. It has all these new settings from the updates, and everything is moved around. However, I'm trying...
  3. Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....

in XboX Insiders
    Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....: I have Twitch on my Xbox Series X, but the new console is very different from my last Xbox One. It has all these new settings from the updates, and everything is moved around. However, I'm trying...
  4. Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....

in XBoX on Windows
  5. Error code trying to claim copy of Diablo iv during setup of new xbox series x bundle

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code trying to claim copy of Diablo iv during setup of new xbox series x bundle: I received an error code while trying to claim Diablo IV with my new xbox series x bundle, and now I can't access the game, it's not in my library, and it just says claim for different account....
  6. Xbox Series X not giving uncompressed audio as options via eArc setup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not giving uncompressed audio as options via eArc setup: Xbox Series X connected to Epson LS12000 and Monolith HTP-1 via 8K HDMI cables. Xbox into HDMI 1 on LS12000. HTP-1 (eArc output) into HDMI 2 (eArc input) on LS12000. Cables are both connected...
  7. Can’t setup my xbox series x, it was with a xbox insider uodate on it.

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t setup my xbox series x, it was with a xbox insider uodate on it.: My Xbox was in the insider program and after a power loss it couldnt connect with the internet anymore. So stupid me resetted the xbox just to make it worse because now i csnt get past the setup...
  8. Opened my xbox series and made me redo the setup lie i just factory rested but it didnt...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Opened my xbox series and made me redo the setup lie i just factory rested but it didnt...: So i opened my xbox series s and made me re do the setup of the console like i just factory reseted it,but it didnt delete any of my games.Why? 060d7dd8-27e1-4143-9da8-adc1428cbe5e
  9. Setup my new xbox series x and now have no video

in XBoX on Consoles
    Setup my new xbox series x and now have no video: Just setup my new xbox series x now I have no video. 793d2b51-07f9-4113-9e95-bb9bfb5b86d9
  10. Xbox series X and possible setup to a Leia Lume Pad 2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X and possible setup to a Leia Lume Pad 2?: Is it possible to connect remote play through the Xbox Series X onto my Leia Lume pad 2 through my Xbox series x and be able to get the 120 refresh rate or instead just have it go straight to the...