how to set up time limits/contol in xbox one?

Discus and support how to set up time limits/contol in xbox one? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Looking the parental control settings I didn't see anything related to set up time limits, meaning to control the time my kids are using the console.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by chenteabdu, Oct 31, 2016.

1. chenteabdu
    chenteabdu Guest

Looking the parental control settings I didn't see anything related to set up time limits, meaning to control the time my kids are using the console. It seems the option was available on 360 but not in Xbox One.

:)

chenteabdu, Oct 31, 2016
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Smwutches, Oct 31, 2016
  3. JackoV
    JackoV Guest
    how to set time limits for childs

i need to set up time limit for each one of my kids, how ?

JackoV, Oct 31, 2016
  4. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

It's not an option n the Xbox One.

brandiesel1, Oct 31, 2016
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

It's not an option n the Xbox One.
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

how to set a time limit on Xbox one?

Hi, there is no option to set a time limit on the Xbox One like there was on the 360.
  7. JhonSnow777 Win User

Setting up screen time limits

8. ArminatorX Win User

Setting up screen time limits

[...]I had to create an email account for my son to do this. Why can't you just use his gametag name to identify him? So it didn't work and trouble shooting said something about having him sign in with his account?? But when he signs in, it only
    asks for his password, not an email address. How do I get this to work????
    What console are you using?

The reason why your son needs his own e-mail address is, because the system is based on a person's Microsoft Account. By having the settings on the Microsoft Account, the screen time limits are enforced on EVERY device your son signs in, be it his own Xbox
    console, a Windows 10 PC, his friends console where he goes to visit and so on.

By having the parental settings applied to his Microsoft Account email, these settings roam with your kid wherever he signs in to use the device.

This page here explains how to properly add an account to a Xbox One console.

Make sure your son's account was added to your own parent account. You can check that, by signing in with YOUR parent account on
    https://account.microsoft.com/family
  9. WhiteyBlack2 Win User

Xbox time limit problem

https://www.howtogeek.com/313299/how-to-set-screen-time-limits-for-kids-on-an-xbox-one/
Thema:

1. how to set up time limits/contol in xbox one? - Similar Threads - set limits contol

2. Why is the Xbox App Download Limit Tied to the Windows Update Bandwidth Settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the Xbox App Download Limit Tied to the Windows Update Bandwidth Settings?: This is a very tedious issue I have with the Xbox app. Why is the download limit tied to the Windows update bandwidth? The app should have its own download limits. This was an issue I spent ages...
  3. Set Xbox time limits on organizer account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Set Xbox time limits on organizer account: How can I set time limits on an Xbox organizer account? cee6ba26-bfb2-4385-b119-dc6cb8c8ef78
  4. Is there a way to set time limits for my personal xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to set time limits for my personal xbox account?: I have an adult account, but want to limit the time I spend playing games. A password enforced time limit would help me with accountability haha. 368d2783-9544-4755-8fbf-4454ff5facfd
  5. Can we please add the ability to set a screen time limit on the organizer account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can we please add the ability to set a screen time limit on the organizer account?: Without the ability to set an organizer account time limit, there are workarounds to screen time and I’m sure there are some adults who could benefit from this as well, just like we do with apple...
  6. What is the best way to set up a child's Xbox account to allow time limits and for him to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is the best way to set up a child's Xbox account to allow time limits and for him to...: Forgive me if this has been answered, I was unable to find a satisfactory answer after much time spent researching the topic... About a year ago, my son got an Xbox. I think it is an Xbox One S....
  7. How to set a bandwidth limit to download games on the Xbox App for Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set a bandwidth limit to download games on the Xbox App for Windows 11: I just bought the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and I want to install some games. The problem is that when I start downloading them the Xbox app uses all the bandwidth and I can't do anything else on...
  8. How do I set my child’s time limit of a weekend to 12.30 AM in the family app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I set my child’s time limit of a weekend to 12.30 AM in the family app?: I would like to allow my child to play on their Xbox until 12.30AM on a Friday night. How do I set this? Do I need to add a Friday time limit of 18.00 to 00.00 and then a Saturday limit of 00.00...
  9. Set a Screen Time limit on a primary account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Set a Screen Time limit on a primary account?: Years ago I made the mistake of allowing my child to start using the Xbox without making a separate account for him. He had access to my saved games and I was kind of done playing the Xbox at that...
  10. Set a time limit on xbox on organizer profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Set a time limit on xbox on organizer profile: When I bought the Xbox One I didn't set up a child account. My son started playing in the main (organizer) account. Recently I wanted to set up a time limit for him so I created his microsoft...