How to Set Up QoS for my Xbox One?

Discus and support How to Set Up QoS for my Xbox One? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm currently in the process of optimizing my Xbox One's network capabilities. I live in a very full house with many different bandwith users. While my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Diem, May 3, 2014.

1. Diem
    Diem Guest

I'm currently in the process of optimizing my Xbox One's network capabilities. I live in a very full house with many different bandwith users. While my Xbox One connection is still good, as we have very good internet (my Xbox says I have a download speed
    of 24 Mbps and an upload speed of 1.28 Mbps with 0% DL or UL packet loss and 77 ms latency). However, the other week my brother was uploading a video from his iPad in the middle of my playing Battlefield 4, and I suddenly couldn't do anything but sit still
    for a long time. I was told by someone on the Battlefield forums that I might be able to set up a QoS for my Xbox, which could help fix the problem.

I went to my router settings, and realized that I hadn't yet forwarded the Xbox Live ports for my Xbox One specifically. I removed all my old Xbox 360 ones (it wouldn't let me use the same ports twice, and I don't play 360 that much anymore, anyways), and
    added the new ones. I was a bit stumped when I was told "UDP Port 3544" and "UDP Port 4500," as the UDP preceded "Port" unlike all the other ports, and I wasn't sure what to make of that. I just typed in 3544 and 4500 separately and set it for UDP.

After that, I checked my QoS settings, which haven't been touched ever. In the process of setting up my Xbox One, it asked for ports. It wouldn't let me progress unless I typed in the starting and ending ports, but I didn't know what to put. What should
    I do?

Thanks!

:)

Diem, May 3, 2014
  2. SirJamess
    SirJamess Guest
    SirJamess, May 3, 2014
  3. J3RS3Y DEVIL
    J3RS3Y DEVIL Guest
    Xbox Live SUPER LAGGY in the evening...HELP!!!

[quote user="ProXJimieboy"]

How do i set up a QoS?? i'm with Sky broadband

Speed test result http://www.speedtest.net/result/2395587057.png

[/quote]

QoS (Quality of Service) is set up via the routers admin web page.

If you've already enabled UPnP, its found in the same area. Usually under advanced settings.

J3RS3Y DEVIL, May 3, 2014
  4. PhloydBarnum Win User

Giving Xbox internet priority?

What you are talking about is setting up Quality of Service (QoS) via your router. There are a couple of post regarding this on the internet, specific to your router:

www.dslreports.com/.../r25986592-modem-router-How-to-configure-Westell-7500-QoS-settings-

answers.yahoo.com/.../index

-----------------------

Unfortunately, these posts and others I found make me believe that your Westell 7500 router does not have the QoS settings you need. One poster said that the Westfell router appears to only be able to prioritize VoIP (Voice over Internet). I think you
    need a newer router with better QoS support. I don't recommend specific brands in these forums; so search the internet for "router qos gaming".

-----------------------

To configure QoS and prioritize your Xbox, you need to enter its MAC address into the appropriate setting on your router.

1. On your Xbox dashboard, scroll to the right to settings, select system settings.

2. Select Network Settings

3. Try to connect to ASCWifi, it will fail.

4. Select "Configure network", you should be able to find your MAC address under network configuration.
  5. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

[quote user="ProXJimieboy"]

[/quote]

QoS (Quality of Service) is set up via the routers admin web page.

If you've already enabled UPnP, its found in the same area. Usually under advanced settings.
  6. ElGaToL Win User

Xbox one lagging

I Set my QoS on Xbox one too still down work plus did a lot research too
  7. SirJamess Win User

8. Ooh im good Win User

is there anyway i can still play xbox live lag free.?

Ignore most of the replys on here they don't know what they're on about. Set up a QoS(Quality of service) rule on your router if it supports it.

Just google your routers model number and QoS it should show you how. This way you can give your xbox a certain amount of bandwidth constantly. No matter who is downloading what.
Thema:

1. How to Set Up QoS for my Xbox One? - Similar Threads - Set QoS

2. My head set is bricked

in XBoX on Consoles
    My head set is bricked: My headset is bricked. It wont turn on or off. The mic dial shows light even tho the headset is turned off. It is a Xbox wireless headset 0efef118-3a0d-4df6-b61f-e26f533b7214
  3. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  4. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  5. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  6. Want to fix my head set

in XBoX on Consoles
    Want to fix my head set: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  7. Is it possible to turn on variable refresh rate with the HDMI override setting on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to turn on variable refresh rate with the HDMI override setting on?: Whenever I turn my Xbox’s HDMI override setting on, the option to turn on variable refresh rate is greyed out. Is there anyway to turn on variable refresh rate, with the HDMI override setting on?...
  8. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  9. How do I turn on IPv6 setting for Xbox One s

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn on IPv6 setting for Xbox One s: how do I turn on the ipv6 setting? e24dacce-ba2c-44e7-a9b5-e929369014d4
  10. Which Qos settings is better for my Xbox one for online gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which Qos settings is better for my Xbox one for online gaming?: Is it better for the xbox one to use its DSCP tagging setting to prioritize packets Wi-Fi/wired or is it better to use the eero router’s optimize gaming setting? I’m asking because I’m also...