How to search for an old account's name?

Discus and support How to search for an old account's name? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My Xbox1 got the black screen and I had to reset it, everything stayed fine except my main account was gone, I remember the first part of the name but... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BlackoutKoti, Jan 3, 2024.

1. BlackoutKoti
    BlackoutKoti Guest

My Xbox1 got the black screen and I had to reset it, everything stayed fine except my main account was gone, I remember the first part of the name but not the numbers at the end, and I dont have access to the email account used to set it up years ago.
    I was wondering if there is a list of player accounts where I could search for mine to remember the full username? I know the password just dont know how to find the full username. Sorry if this was worded badly, I had so much of my all stuff saved on that account I really hope its not impossible to find. Thank you

:)

BlackoutKoti, Jan 3, 2024
  2. BlackoutKoti Win User

Thanks for the reply, I've already tried the xbox gamertag website but it hasn't helped since it needs the full gamertag for the account to show up.
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Ah, that is true.

Do you remember the e-mail you used back then? With that information, even if you don't have access to it, the Microsoft Staff should be able to locate the account, but you would still need to provide more information to proof ownership and recover it.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi BlackoutKoti, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I truly am sorry to hear that.

To search for your name, you can use this third-party site: https://xboxgamertag.com/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Then, have you tried to fill out the recover account form?

Please, use this link:

https://account.live.com/acsr

Let me know if it works!
  5. TMG Azzurri X Win User

Ambassador Name Change again!

Try searching for the name of your old account name and see if you can find the profile of it. Please feel free to ask any questions if you have any.
  6. ShankEmDirty Win User

Changed My Name it has a suffix but no one else has the name.

I read about names getting recycled if it becomes available will my suffix vanish if the name expires or do i need to change my name and then if it becomes available in the future change to it after that also it was my old account and i got it perma banned
    for modding on dungeon defenders i was underage and did not know better. So do they recycle names to banned accounts also if the name gets recycled how will you know will you just be able to search for gamertags and it would not pop up anymore.
Thema:

1. How to search for an old account's name? - Similar Threads - search old account's

2. (Alpha-Skip Ahead) Search and My Games & Apps not working

in XboX Insiders
    (Alpha-Skip Ahead) Search and My Games & Apps not working: As title states. After the last update on June 20. I'm unable to see anything on My Games & Apps or any search within the store. I just get the nonstop circle. Report has been sent. submitted by...
  3. My controllers are doing this as well. I have tried everything mentioned here also searched...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controllers are doing this as well. I have tried everything mentioned here also searched...: Fix this bug with the series x or your going to have everyone run to ps5 51841de2-6e96-440b-83c1-d7d9717b36d5
  4. Anyone else having issues with searches

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with searches: For about a week now I've been having trouble doing searches on the computer and on phone. Sometimes it works sometimes It doesn't even when I try to put in full sentences. It only givea about 10...
  5. Hey guys, how can I access my support ticket, I've searched everywhere on the internet but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey guys, how can I access my support ticket, I've searched everywhere on the internet but...: Hey guys, how can I access my support ticket, I've searched everywhere on the internet but no solution was found e542839c-53aa-41d1-8df6-71a50d5ace39
  6. I got banned for no reason i search up why i was banned they gave me no explanation

in XBoX on Windows
    I got banned for no reason i search up why i was banned they gave me no explanation: So now i might switch to play station cause this game it basically a court d69d1b89-740e-404a-af65-9bbc1813ec7f
  7. The daily microsoft rewards searches has not been working properly for several weeks. This...

in XBoX on Windows
    The daily microsoft rewards searches has not been working properly for several weeks. This...: The daily microsoft rewards searches has not been working properly for several weeks. This includes mobile and pc/xbox seaches on multiple accounts - having to wait between searches or they will...
  8. 150 PC search on Xbox rewards not counting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    150 PC search on Xbox rewards not counting: This is been a problem since they switched methods and cut a Rewards how do I fix it? Or is there a way around it? 33e34fe5-e30d-4026-92ed-ecce4fa54b89
  9. Xbox profile can only be found when people search my old gamertag instead of my current one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox profile can only be found when people search my old gamertag instead of my current one: A friend wanted to add me on xbox and so I gave him my current gamertag which is . He said my profile wasn't showing, so I searched up my own gamertag and my profile didn't show up....
  10. Old Gamertag Database/Search Engine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old Gamertag Database/Search Engine?: Hello! I know this is most likely in the wrong support topic, so please move it if it is. So here is my problem: I want to find a friend's gamertag. Their old gamertag was [Mod Removed], but they...