How to revert my old Gamertag after changing it?

Discus and support How to revert my old Gamertag after changing it? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; HI I just need help how to revert my Gamertag after I changed it but I couldn't revert it back because "This Gamertagisn't allowed. Try a different... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Reyvinold., Oct 11, 2020.

1. Reyvinold.
    Reyvinold. Guest

HI I just need help how to revert my Gamertag after I changed it but I
    couldn't revert it back because "This Gamertagisn't allowed. Try a different one." my name is not a bad language or anything but a name I named after my
    Youtube but I'll regret if I can't or no longer change my
    gamertag back. if you know anything please do so I just wanted it back

I read the info is it going to be permanent and can I still recover it?

:)

Reyvinold., Oct 11, 2020
  2. OreoE Win User

Revert Gametag

So I Changed My GamerTag Because I Didn't Like The Previous One.. So When Changed It It Got Number After The Name Which I Don't Like.. Is There Anyway To Revert Back To The Old GT Without Paying?? Please Help!
    Unfortunately you cannot revert to an old gamertag without purchasing ... once you change your gamertag it becomes available to any and everyone in the xbox community.
  3. TheDarkCoder Win User

Wanted my Xbox gamertag shortened, now its only longer.

So is there no way to revert the change I made, and go back to my old gamertag (4)?
  4. OverdueDragon50 Win User

My gamertag isn't what I picked

I changed my gamertag to "tosya" thinking that it would be "tosya" in-game, but it's "tosya7641" instead. I thought that the number would only be for adding a friend etc. like how it is in Discord. I wasn't informed that I would not have the gamertag
    i picked. If I knew that I would have picked a different gamertag. I want to either change only my classic gamertag without paying for a gamertag change, or revert to my old gamertag.
    The only way to change it would be to pay for it again. Unfortunately.
  5. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Is there anyway to get my original gamertag?

Hello Traice, my name is zahir, i am here to help with your question.

Unfortunately you wont be able to revert back to your old gamertag.

If you are trying to change the gamertag back to the old one and it is says its not available then its not available.

The problem is this MS made a new policy change where any new gamertags including changes in gamertags have a limit of 12 characters.

The old gamertag is 14 characters so this is why it is not available for you to change your gamertag back.
  6. Are You Real 10 Win User

My gamertag isn't what I picked

I changed my gamertag to "tosya" thinking that it would be "tosya" in-game, but it's "tosya7641" instead. I thought that the number would only be for adding a friend etc. like how it is in Discord. I wasn't informed that I would not have the gamertag
    i picked. If I knew that I would have picked a different gamertag. I want to either change only my classic gamertag without paying for a gamertag change, or revert to my old gamertag.
    If the xbox game dose not support the new gamer tag it will put numbers in your gamertag
Thema:

1. How to revert my old Gamertag after changing it? - Similar Threads - revert old Gamertag

2. How do i revert to the old version of Minesweeper?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i revert to the old version of Minesweeper?: I downloaded the new version, but i hate it. I want to revert it back. How do i do it? And no, i don't wanna hear "OoH iTs SoO gOoD" . I wanna revert to the windows 8 version with the adventure...
  3. My gamer tag has reverted back to a very old account that I don’t use

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamer tag has reverted back to a very old account that I don’t use: My Xbox account has reverted back to a very old gamer tag and can not get any one from Xbox or sort it out. Never buying another Xbox terrible support 95d20364-8e99-4d5b-a299-55587a0f3b31
  4. How do I revert back to my old homescreen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I revert back to my old homescreen?: How do I get my Xbox back? Ever since this new update I can't launch any of my games. I sit and watch for 5 mins and my Xbox does nothing. Nothing will launch or load. I have tried multiple times...
  5. (minecraft) How to revert back to old gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    (minecraft) How to revert back to old gamertag?: Hello dear gamers, As a result of account recovery I had to perform after an identity theft attack hit me, in one of the dialogs I've picked a new XBox gamertag. It turned out that all Minecraft...
  6. Can i revert back to my old gamertag?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i revert back to my old gamertag?: I recently changed my gamertag as there was a notification saying i can now pick any gamertag irrespective it being owned by someone else. While changing to new gamertag it showed how the numbers...
  7. New Community App / Feed is terrible! Anyway to revert to old wall scrollable one?

in XboX Insiders
    New Community App / Feed is terrible! Anyway to revert to old wall scrollable one?: Like many others i have the new Community app with the row scrolling to the right. Its absolutely terrible and laggy! I dont want multiple rows to have to scroll through. Also why is the friends...
  8. xbox "marketplace" games and 360 purchase revert to old german address etc

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox "marketplace" games and 360 purchase revert to old german address etc: I have an xbox 1. I bought it in china. After I moved from Germany, where I had purchased a windows phone (long ago dead). Now I live in the US. My microsoft account is set up for US purchases....
  9. How do I revert back to the old dashboard?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I revert back to the old dashboard?: How do I revert back to the old dashboard? I can’t stand this one. submitted by /u/BlackHulk_00 [link] [comments]
  10. How to revert back to an Old Save (If Possible)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to revert back to an Old Save (If Possible): is there any way to do this? My little brother made some un wanted changes in a game and now he's trying to go back and do it over again without having to start all the way over. Is there a way...