How to return faulty Series X

Discus and support How to return faulty Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. I bought a new Series X, it arrived earlier this week. Unboxing it I noticed a scratch on the front panel, I immediately took a picture and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by noxxevo, Sep 30, 2023.

1. noxxevo
    noxxevo Guest

Hi.

I bought a new Series X, it arrived earlier this week.

Unboxing it I noticed a scratch on the front panel, I immediately took a picture and contacted the retailer. They made me go to their shop for no reason as there they said returns and warranty goes through Xbox support. I got a number which only played a recording telling me I need to contact through webpage and then hung up.

I've tried literally days now to follow the steps but it always ends up saying I need to contact retailer. When I answer the box that doesn't fix my problems it gives me option to message here or another gamer, phone call option is greyed out. My retailer keeps telling me to contact Xbox support. My brand new Series X is still sitting in it's box and I have no way to fix the situation.

:)

noxxevo, Sep 30, 2023
  2. noxxevo Win User

Thank you. This is how I see it also. I will fight with them next week about this again.. If they after my current efforts do not replace my purchase or help in some other way I'll have to contact a board that handles consumer problems in my country.
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Okay, so the reason why I asked was partly out of curiosity, but also (mainly) to check both the refund Terms and Conditions and consumer rights for your country and the specific retailer as they legally have to follow these (in addition to EU regulations as Finland is in Europe).

I’d point out the above to them and reference the following:

https://www.ecc.fi/en/themes/online-shopping/defective-goods-and-warranty/

https://www.ecc.fi/en/themes/online-shopping/returning-goods/

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

Then again, if it’s only a small imperfection on the console (I haven’t seen how significant or noticeable the scratch is, so not sure if you can hide or remove it in any way) and everything else is okay, then it honestly may not be worth the hassle if the retailer is being difficult and if the complaint and return process (refund or replacement) takes too long. I’m not defending them and I’d probably still pursue it, just saying that it all depends on whether you consider it worth spending your time and effort on :)

Let us know how it goes.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

the retailer is obligated to replace the system or you can demand a full refund. do not go through microsoft.
  5. KindGryphon Win User

That's odd. Typically a retailer is your point of contact for a return. The only thing you can do through Xbox is submit it for a repair through the warranty. https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced
    If OP used the warranty wouldnt they typically get a refurbished system back in most cases?

If they would then honestly if i were the OP id be pushing the retailer to do a return because i personally wouldnt want a refurb console in place of a brand new one that i just bought.
  6. noxxevo Win User

I'm in Finland and I bought it from my mobile operator's store (they sell all sorts of electronics nowadays).
Thema:

1. How to return faulty Series X - Similar Threads - return faulty Series

2. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  3. Missing repair returned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing repair returned: I returned 2 controllers under warranty and ups confirmed delivery to Microsoft but Microsoft can't find them. Tried calling double digits and contact us now unavailable!! Adviser promised on...
  4. I haven't received the shipping label to return an item in warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    I haven't received the shipping label to return an item in warranty: I have completed an order to return a faulty controller and have been waiting 3 days to get the email with the return label to send it back to you,. It is not in my spam/junk folder it is not on...
  5. Does my Controller Warranty Cover for my battery pack when I go to return it? Or will I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does my Controller Warranty Cover for my battery pack when I go to return it? Or will I...: I would just call GameStop but I have work at 9am to 8pm, an hour before they close and I’m already a 40 minute walk. If anyone knows you’d be much appreciated!! :)...
  6. No return shipping label emailed

in XBoX on Consoles
    No return shipping label emailed: I cannot print return label as there is no link on my device section. The return has started but i cannot progress without the label. Ive tried everday for a week to talk to a human agent or get a...
  7. I would like to return an xbox that is faulty and still under warranty, please assist.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I would like to return an xbox that is faulty and still under warranty, please assist.: I would like to return an xbox that is faulty and still under warranty, please assist. 20cfa3e7-3b9e-44bd-a75a-683ed5af9b1a
  8. Unable to return faulty Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to return faulty Xbox controller: I am very frustrated. My controller has developed stick drift within warranty, so I'm trying to return it but the Microsoft website keeps throwing an error up before I can print the returns label....
  9. Does anyone know if you can return a faulty Xbox without the original controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if you can return a faulty Xbox without the original controller?: Faulty Xbox return without controller still in warranty 14ddf0ef-c7b0-4a19-93c3-9a1002e8900f
  10. I want to return my faulty Xbox controller but contact Microsoft button is not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to return my faulty Xbox controller but contact Microsoft button is not working: Live chat is not working. How do i request a repair ? 85c716fb-7105-4b45-badc-0a7448935006