How to retrieve photo and video screenshots.

Discus and support How to retrieve photo and video screenshots. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Same issue here d31729f7-5aba-4b2b-83f6-6499bfe6cbe6 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr Mayosapien, Sep 8, 2023.

1. How to retrieve photo and video screenshots.

Same issue here

:)

Mr Mayosapien, Sep 8, 2023
  2. Horns Up Baby Win User

Thank you for your advice.

This used to be the case with my XBox Console Companion app (which is saying it isn't supported anymore), but down the left side of the XBox App it just has the choices : Game Pass, My Library, Cloud Gaming, Store, Starfleet, and Most Recent.

Everything else on the screen just references how I can purchase more games.

Do I need to update my Console Companion, or is that gone for good.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Horns Up Baby,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

To retrieve your photos and video screenshots from your Xbox One console, please follow these steps:

You can also download your captures locally to your PC by following these steps:

1. Open the Xbox app on your PC.
    2. Sign in to the app using your Microsoft account.
    3. Select the Captures icon on the left menu panel.
    4. Select On Xbox Live to view captures you’ve uploaded to Xbox Live.
    5. Select the Download button to download the captures locally to your PC.

Things to keep in mind when uploading to the Xbox Network

Automatic uploading is standard, but in case you need to turn it on, press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Settings > Preferences > Capture & share > Automatically upload.

To upload a capture that wasn’t uploaded automatically, select the capture, and then select Upload. Here are some important things to keep in mind:

• You can upload up to 10 GB of captures to the Xbox network. Once you reach that limit, you’ll need to delete existing captures to upload new ones.
    • Any game clip or screenshot that’s uploaded to the Xbox network that gets no views in 30 days will be deleted. Viewing it yourself counts as a view and saves a capture from deletion.
    • Captures that don't get uploaded to the Xbox network will remain on the console they were recorded on.
    • If you see a Warning icon next to a capture, that means that the game clip or screenshot is scheduled for automatic deletion. The expiration date is listed on the individual capture.
    • You can also view captures that are scheduled for automatic deletion by opening the Captures app, and then selecting the Expiring soon filter.

We hope this helps. If you have any further questions or feedback, please let us know. Thank you for being part of the Xbox community.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  5. Rich_140 Win User

The new Xbox app does NOT have a Captures icon on the left menu panel as you stated above. The Xbox Companion app did, but that app no longer works. The Captures feature has been completely removed from the new app in favor of pushing games and apps. So how exactly are people supposed to download game clips now?
  6. Juhn Jac Win User

Hi there!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your issue has already been resolved. We will not be tracking this topic going forward, therefore, if you need further assistance, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Sincerely

Microsoft Forum Moderator
Thema:

1. How to retrieve photo and video screenshots. - Similar Threads - retrieve photo video

2. How do I retrieve my secondary v bucks codes xbox store?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I retrieve my secondary v bucks codes xbox store?: Hi . How do I retrieve my secondary v bucks codes xbox store? I don't received any email from store . So . If you can I need your support please 98f6986f-2128-499d-b086-a417627e4f95
  3. How To I Retrieve my Switch Bedrock World?

in XBoX on Windows
    How To I Retrieve my Switch Bedrock World?: My Switch Bedrock World Reset Hello everyone. I’ve researched for a while now, and I don’t think there’s a fix, but one of my worlds entirely reset. I went AFK last night, came back to the game...
  4. Hello I lost my secondary v buck code. How do I retrieve it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello I lost my secondary v buck code. How do I retrieve it?: How do I retrieve my secondary v bucks code? ee52380d-ec5c-4630-bff3-8029b2263b49
  5. How to Retrieve Minecraft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to Retrieve Minecraft Account: Hello Good Evening, My name is Jon Baker and I have a Minecraft account that should have been linked to this email when I purchased it in October of this year. When I log into this account Mojang...
  6. Can anybody please guide me on how to retrieve a deleted microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can anybody please guide me on how to retrieve a deleted microsoft account?: So basically yesterday(6 january 2024)my microsoft account got infiltrated by a hacker and he deleted the microsoft account literally all my stuff is on there like school work ,minecraft accounts...
  7. how to retrieve my microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to retrieve my microsoft account: my XBOX live account is blocked. I've been trying to retrieve my account since it's suspended (i have no idea why ?) but everytime i fill out the form it's says i'm not giving the right info ?...
  8. Dead xbox account retrieval.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dead xbox account retrieval.: My brothers one s had died months back and he recently got a series x for Christmas, no one has the account details to log in, am I able to take the one s harddrive out and plug it externally into...
  9. Can I retrieve my Minecraft username from my hacked Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I retrieve my Minecraft username from my hacked Microsoft account?: Hello, My account was hacked around April 2023 and was deactivated by Microsoft support. They explained I would not be able to access the account (which is fine) but leaves me to question...
  10. How to retrieve photo and video screenshots.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to retrieve photo and video screenshots.: Where do I retrieve photos and video screenshots taken from my X-Box One console, if you are no longer supporting the app that allows me to do this. All your new app seems to be able to do is try...