How to resolve on PC: "Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005 "

Discus and support How to resolve on PC: "Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005 " in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; All of the sudden xbox app on Windows 11 has stopped allowing us to play any games citing the above error code that I cannot seem to find anywhere. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kara_E22, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Kara_E22
    Kara_E22 Guest

All of the sudden xbox app on Windows 11 has stopped allowing us to play any games citing the above error code that I cannot seem to find anywhere.

I have tried repairing, resetting, and reinstalling (multiple times) all of the programs bellow:

• Microsoft Store
    • Xbox app
    • Gaming Services
    • Xbox Live in-game experience
    Also my subscriptions are up to date so that is definitely not the issue.

:)

Kara_E22, Aug 9, 2023
  2. Rishabh0067 Win User

Hi
    My name is Rishabh an Independent Adviser, I hope you are doing great out there. I’m happy to help you with your question.

Error code 0x80080005 typically indicates a permissions-related issue or a problem with Windows components that handle gaming services. To troubleshoot and resolve this error, you can try the following steps:

Run as Administrator:

Right-click on the application (Gaming Services) and select "Run as administrator." This ensures that the application has the necessary permissions to function properly.
    Reset Microsoft Store Cache:

Sometimes, issues with Microsoft Store cache can cause errors. To reset the cache:
    Press "Windows + R" to open the Run dialog.
    Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.
    This will reset the Microsoft Store cache. Afterward, try launching Gaming Services again.
    Check Windows Update:

Ensure your Windows operating system is up to date. Updates can often include fixes for various issues.
    Open the "Settings" app by pressing "Windows + I."
    Go to "Update & Security," then click on "Windows Update."
    Click on "Check for updates" and install any pending updates.
    Check Xbox Identity Provider:

The Xbox Identity Provider is required for gaming-related services. Make sure it's enabled:
    Press "Windows + S" to open the search bar.
    Type "Services" and select the "Services" app.
    Locate "Xbox Live Auth Manager" and "Xbox Live Game Save," and ensure their statuses are "Running." If not, right-click and start them.
    Check User Account Control (UAC) Settings:

Make sure your User Account Control settings are not set to the highest level, as this might cause permission issues:
    Press "Windows + S" to open the search bar.
    Type "User Account Control" and select the "Change User Account Control settings" option.
    Move the slider to a lower setting and click "OK."
    Check Firewall and Security Software:

Sometimes, firewall or security software might block necessary connections. Temporarily disable your firewall or security software and see if the issue persists. If it resolves the problem, you can configure the software to allow the necessary connections.
    Create a New User Profile:

If the issue persists, try creating a new local user profile on your PC and see if the problem occurs there. This can help identify if the issue is specific to your user profile.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks and regards
    Rishabh Sohal
  3. Colin Webber1 Win User

Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005

When trying to restart the service "Windows could not start the Gaming Services service on Local Computer. Error 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service."
  4. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi SonnyshogunNo,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  5. Kimmy_24 Win User

Kindly check if you're still asked to install it here: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/gaming-....

Please also check if you have any pending updates using this link: Win10:https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If there's nothing pending, kindly right-click the Start button on your taskbar, and then select Windows Terminal (Admin). In the Administrator,: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage
  6. Colin Webber1 Win User

I only have one "gaming services" and it is unable to start due to the error above, which I believe stems from the original problem of my post, since I can't install gaming services through the Microsoft store.
Thema:

1. How to resolve on PC: "Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005 " - Similar Threads - resolve Gaming Services

2. Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...

in XBoX on Windows
    Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...: When I put in the info and try to continue it give my status code: 8c250005 and I’m not sure how to fix this I wanna try and buy some things before the store shuts down and I would greatly...
  3. How to resolve NAT Type: Unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to resolve NAT Type: Unavailable: Hello, I would like some help with a Network issue on the Xbox One S. As of late Wednesday(June 12), I've been unable to connect to Monster Hunter World Servers. I can see the servers as well as...
  4. Can somebody help me fix my YouTube or maybe Xbox can resolve it???

in XBoX on Windows
    Can somebody help me fix my YouTube or maybe Xbox can resolve it???: Im trying to watch YouTube and the screen freezes and the audio continues playing. I cant watch it its unbearable somebody please help me fix this it would he much appreciated....
  5. Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.: So I turned on my xbox and found it shows as offline. "Forgot" my wifi, and reset the network. Hard rebooted xbox. Power cycled xbox and router. Checked router settings (no issues), tried...
  6. Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006

in XBoX on Windows
    Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006: So recently set up my old 360 and ran into the error code 80151006 I found a old post from 2013 saying to clear your cache I was wondering if that would still apply now in 2024 or would there be...
  7. How to resolve login issue on Xbox 360 game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to resolve login issue on Xbox 360 game?: Okay, let me see if I can get this all straight... I have been working on the digital Xbox 360 version of Watch Dogs for a couple weeks. Besides the issues with Ubisoft's servers themselves, I...
  8. STARFIELD - How do I resolve a Error code: (0xc000001d) when launching the game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    STARFIELD - How do I resolve a Error code: (0xc000001d) when launching the game?: I am having an issue launching Starfield on my pc. I keep getting a "error code 0x00000001" after 3 seconds of launch screen coming up. I have an Ultimate subscription. I have taken the following...
  9. How do i resolve Error Code: 0x80070005 when downloading gamepass games on my PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i resolve Error Code: 0x80070005 when downloading gamepass games on my PC?: I recently bought PC Game Pass to play Forza, Flight sim, and other games. However when i went to download these games i encountered Error code 0x80070005. This happened when I attempted to...
  10. How do I resolve the problem of having to buy my game I already own?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I resolve the problem of having to buy my game I already own?: I'm here for some answers of how do I resolve the problem of buying a game that I already own and what do I do next? 23cb61c3-ba08-4819-9939-6c47d771c09f