how to resolve $300 in fraudulent charges on my sons checking account?

Discus and support how to resolve $300 in fraudulent charges on my sons checking account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My account was hacked and now my son has $300 worth of fraudulent charges on his debit card. its impossible to get into contact with anyone that can... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AdamSingleton, Dec 5, 2023.

1. how to resolve $300 in fraudulent charges on my sons checking account?

My account was hacked and now my son has $300 worth of fraudulent charges on his debit card. its impossible to get into contact with anyone that can help resolve this issue.

:)

AdamSingleton, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello AdamSingleton,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that you're experiencing fraudulent charges on your son's checking account. Let us help you by pointing to the right support team where you can get the best resolution to your concern.

It is possible that the purchased was incurred through the hacked account where the card was tied up to. As a support here in community, we are not able to assist with issues related to banking or financial institutions. However, we recommend that you contact your bank or financial institution immediately to report the fraudulent charges and request a refund. They should be able to assist you with resolving this issue and provide guidance on how to prevent it from happening in the future.

We thank you for bringing the concern here and glad to point you to the right support team to help address your concern.

Sincerely,

3. Al S1 Win User

How can i recover old account info? I am being charged and don't even use that old account! But cant close because I don't remember info

Thanks so much! The bank said they would have to completely cancel my card which is not an option. I believe this is a fraudulent charge and that somehow someone has hacked my son's account. I will try the recovery thing.
  4. OpticRJames Win User

I’ve been charged for a subscription to Ultimate M1 without permission

I see. Please check the other accounts you have access to. It is possible that the charge is on a different account.

If not, the charge should be considered a fraudulent charge. I would highly recommend contacting your bank to dispute the charge on their end.
  5. HuskerNiner Win User

Replacement/exchange

Reported it as a fraudulent charge and they said it should be off my account 3-5 business days. This whole experience makes me wonder how many other people are being ***? Charge was from Microsoft.com.
  6. Chris and NikkiAusde Win User

I have a recurring charge of $27.06 every 3 months and cannot find the account associated with the charge.

Thank you for your response Francia. We no longer have any of the x box consoles and I am unsure of the account for which the charge is generating. Does this mean I need to contact my bank and report the charges as fraudulent? I don't think they are fraudulent, but without being able to access the account the charge is generating from this may be my only recourse. I would think a company such as Microsoft would have a better solution than sending a customer to their bank to report a charge as fraudulent when it likely isn't.
Thema:

1. how to resolve $300 in fraudulent charges on my sons checking account? - Similar Threads - resolve $300 fraudulent

2. Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...

in XBoX on Windows
    Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...: When I put in the info and try to continue it give my status code: 8c250005 and I’m not sure how to fix this I wanna try and buy some things before the store shuts down and I would greatly...
  3. How to resolve NAT Type: Unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to resolve NAT Type: Unavailable: Hello, I would like some help with a Network issue on the Xbox One S. As of late Wednesday(June 12), I've been unable to connect to Monster Hunter World Servers. I can see the servers as well as...
  4. Can somebody help me fix my YouTube or maybe Xbox can resolve it???

in XBoX on Windows
    Can somebody help me fix my YouTube or maybe Xbox can resolve it???: Im trying to watch YouTube and the screen freezes and the audio continues playing. I cant watch it its unbearable somebody please help me fix this it would he much appreciated....
  5. Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.: So I turned on my xbox and found it shows as offline. "Forgot" my wifi, and reset the network. Hard rebooted xbox. Power cycled xbox and router. Checked router settings (no issues), tried...
  6. Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006

in XBoX on Windows
    Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006: So recently set up my old 360 and ran into the error code 80151006 I found a old post from 2013 saying to clear your cache I was wondering if that would still apply now in 2024 or would there be...
  7. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  8. XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue: I purchased my XBOX Series X last summer. My controller is now experiencing drift on the right stick. Not only does my account show my 1-year warranty is expired, it shows that this warranty was...
  9. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  10. Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24)

in XboX Insiders
    Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24): You will need to use the gaming services repair tool to fix the issue. As I just updated it last night (2/22/24) and the next time I went to launch the same game I had been playing for the last 12...