How to request for replacement controller without a serial number?

Discus and support How to request for replacement controller without a serial number? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I bought the Xbox with Microsoft Complete Warranty. I registered the Xbox console but not its controller. Never had issues until the controller could... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Danny3690, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Danny3690
    Danny3690 Guest

I bought the Xbox with Microsoft Complete Warranty. I registered the Xbox console but not its controller.

Never had issues until the controller could not be turned on one day.

Knowing I could request for a replacement, I threw the damaged controller away and did not have the time to request for a replacement at that time.

Now, when I am trying to request for one, Microsoft would ask for the serial number which I do not have it since the controller is thrown away. I also did not know I probably had to register the controller when I registered the Xbox console.

I contacted Microsoft store support which directed me to some Virtual Agent which says I can speak with a human agent. Although the waiting time is 0 minutes, I would wait for few hours until a call with an automated message informed me about Microsoft could not call me and ask me to try again. I had tried for almost 5 days until Microsoft Virtual Agent says that I had exceeded the limit of request for call back.

Can anyone share when else or what else I can do without a serial number of the controller?

:)

Danny3690, Jun 16, 2024
  2. ngocphi Win User

Not.much MS complete requires you to register the serial numbers of all devices including the ones included with console and any replacements

It should be noted MS complete has limited replacements after your first year unless it's a user damage which case it counts as a replacement not a warranty replacement

You always have to send in something to get warrantied if you want to warranty something

So even if you asked for a replacement you can't get a replacement because you can't send in the original

This is how they access what category it falls into your 1 user damage replacement or wear and tear

There is however a brightside

Contact xbox support and explain the situation and maybe Get a Uber nice agent who sends you a free controller as I found out user damaged controller replacement uses your one replacement and you can't claim wear and tear after mind you I had to take a 1st gen xbox one controller but it wss a free replacement and I didnt have to send the old one

Imind you it ws because I didn't understand the MS complete terms till he told me lol
  3. julosjc Win User

Replacement of XBOX ONE controller

Hi,

The serial number is below the bar code inside of the controller battery pack. The number without letters in it. Make sure you are entering that?

Also just to ensure you are requesting the right service, link below:

Request an Xbox controller replacement

I hope this info and link helps! Good luck
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Microsoft Elite controller warranty process

Try this LINK

Request an Xbox controller replacement

If your controller isn’t working and needs replacing, enter the controller’s serial number at the bottom of this page. You can find the serial number inside the battery compartment, below the barcode.
    Things to keep in mind:

• Controller serial numbers are 14 characters long and don’t include dashes.
    • Controllers must have been activated longer than 24 hours.
    • If you have the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, the 14-character serial number is in the lower center on the back of the controller.
  5. Dazza1179 Win User

Elite Series 2

It says there’s nobody to chat with on my subject of “Broken Controller”. I can het to the “Request replacement controller” page, only to be told my serial number isn’t recognised.
  6. Mi5t3r X Win User

xbox controler problem

Since the standard warranty for Xbox 360 accessories is 90 days, you could try calling Xbox support and ask for a replacement. Even without a receipt they can check the age of the controller from the serial number that is printed on it.

I had a similar problem with a mouse and keyboard combo set and they replaced it after checking the serial number.
Thema:

1. How to request for replacement controller without a serial number? - Similar Threads - request replacement controller

2. Xbox Requests: Week of June 21st, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of June 21st, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  3. Friend request not working Xbox one s

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friend request not working Xbox one s: My friend on Xbox is playing Minecraft I requested to play with them they invited me to play them my account say I don't have friends playing so even though we are friends on Xbox I try to add...
  4. Xbox Requests: Week of June 14th, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of June 14th, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  5. Tell the Forza Moderators to Stop banning people just for Requesting the Aventador

in XBoX on Windows
    Tell the Forza Moderators to Stop banning people just for Requesting the Aventador: Me and other random people are banned in Forza Forums just for requesting the Aventador Roadster, many people wanted the car added and voted for it to make it to the top, but they were removed....
  6. Xbox Requests: Week of June 7th, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of June 7th, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  7. Xbox Requests: Week of May 31st, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of May 31st, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  8. Unable to submit repair/replace request for Xbox S controller, please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to submit repair/replace request for Xbox S controller, please help!: My Xbox controller has really bad left stick drift, after trying all the troubleshooting suggestions to no avail, it was suggested to request a replacement controller. I tried to submit this...
  9. I want to request a replacement for the controller that came with the Xbox Series X because...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to request a replacement for the controller that came with the Xbox Series X because...: It should be noted that the console has been used normally, I use it almost every day after arriving from work for approximately 2 or 3 hours a day, nor have I hit it or done anything that would...
  10. I want to request a replacement for the controller that came with the Xbox Series X because...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to request a replacement for the controller that came with the Xbox Series X because...: It should be noted that the console has been used normally, I use it almost every day after arriving from work for approximately 2 or 3 hours a day, nor have I hit it or done anything that would...