How to remove Xbox One Party Chat Overlay but KEEP Voice Overlay

Discus and support How to remove Xbox One Party Chat Overlay but KEEP Voice Overlay in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I use the voice overlay feature to know who is talking in my party, the recent addition of party chat (typed messages) to this is very distracting yet... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DerekQ, May 28, 2020.

1. DerekQ
    DerekQ Guest

I use the voice overlay feature to know who is talking in my party, the recent addition of party chat (typed messages) to this is very distracting yet I cannot find a way to turn it off without losing the functionality of my voice overlay. If this is intended..
    PLEASE ADJUST THIS as it is undesired. If you can disable the chat log but keep the voice overlay, please let me know. Thank you

:)

DerekQ, May 28, 2020
  2. Frathos Win User

Interesting...I wasn't aware that was added as a feature. I checked the Notification settings and don't see anything that might be useful in stopping text messages from appearing in the Voice Overlay area. I turned off the Party notifications and my text
    replies were still displayed in the Voice Overlay area.

I will file a Report via my Xbox Insiders app and submit your feedback requesting an option to exclude the chat log from the Voice Overlay section.
  3. Very Fat Santa8 Win User

i believe you can in the notification settings
  4. Nursemorph Win User

gamer tags appear on screen while using headset. Need help hiding them.

Are you in a party chat? If so, in the Xbox party chat settings, there is a overlay toggle which can switch the overlay on or off.

Outside of party chat, I am not entirely sure how it works with MWII (I assume that's what you are playing).
  5. AridLizard Win User

Problem with Parties

it would appear that there is a glitch with the overlays for notifications (achievements and invites) and the voice overlay (displaying GT of person talking in Party)

if the Power Cycle doesn't work, for a workaround you could turn off the voice overlay in the Party (press the XB button to bring up the side bar then highlight Party and press A then highlight Voice Overlay and switch it to Off)

you can also turn off individual notifications to minimise the disruption to your gaming (although you'd probably want to keep invites and messages on)

hope this helps
  6. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Xbox Party Chat

After you bring up the Xbox menu by hitting the centre button on the controller, go to the party settings, and then you should see an option for "Voice Overlay."

If you want to remove it, then toggle it off. You can also change where it's located on the screen by selecting "Configure voice overlay."
Thema:

1. How to remove Xbox One Party Chat Overlay but KEEP Voice Overlay - Similar Threads - remove Party Chat

2. How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????

in XboX Insiders
    How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????: Guys can someone tell me how I can remove the keyboard and mouse future in Xbox cloud gaming browser I really need to fix this help me eeewe submitted by /u/Inside-Bar1951 [link] [comments]
  3. Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...: This question has been asked before, but there is still no update and the Answers by the 'expert' were not even applicable to the XBox app, stating many options that just aren't available. Has...
  4. How do I remove Friends Tab from XBox PC app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove Friends Tab from XBox PC app?: It takes up screen real estate and I do not want it, use it, or need it. I do not do friends gaming, do not want anything but my private gaming. Tab is annoying and useless for me. [img]...
  5. Remove the suspension and the ban on the my xbox account from the reinforcement team?

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the suspension and the ban on the my xbox account from the reinforcement team?: The reinforcement team did suspend and banned my account on the Xbox and I cant sing in and out on the my account on the Series X and I cant acess and enter the features off it and Xbox Live on...
  6. After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...: cleaning out my Xbox and I forgot to screw back in 2 nails. I should be fine with just 6 holding it in place right? 821dfc9d-ef83-4f2c-b71e-f12bd13f4a36
  7. Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?

in XboX Insiders
    Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?: Reeks of “boss says I had to think of something new so this is what I came up with” submitted by /u/JeremyUsbourneWebb [link] [comments]
  8. Minecraft account removed from microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft account removed from microsoft account: As of today, I was signed out of the official minecraft launcher AND multiMC. Signing in to both mojang and my microsoft account in my browser, it is showing I do not even own the game? I have...
  9. Anyone know why are these screenshot getting removed from the Xbox network? They're only a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone know why are these screenshot getting removed from the Xbox network? They're only a...: So I went onto the xbox app to download some screenshot and noticed an alert symbol next to 2 of the images and it says it will be deleted from the Xbox Network today and I don't know why. I took...
  10. how do i remove the orange triangle from my party chat on pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how do i remove the orange triangle from my party chat on pc: on the party chat on game bar, there is an orange triangle with no text and my voice input only works when my game bar is open. ive tried so many way to fix it but none of them do anything....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to turn off party chat overlay Xbox one

2. how to remove party chat overlay xbox one