How to remove or delete xbox account from Microsoft Account without deleting my whole...

Discus and support How to remove or delete xbox account from Microsoft Account without deleting my whole... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; First off this isn't or shouldn't be rocket science but I can't find a solution. I have 2 microsoft accounts each with their own xbox profile, we'll... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by B.Ciesielski, Nov 9, 2022.

1. B.Ciesielski
    B.Ciesielski Guest

How to remove or delete xbox account from Microsoft Account without deleting my whole...

First off this isn't or shouldn't be rocket science but I can't find a solution.

I have 2 microsoft accounts each with their own xbox profile, we'll call them Act.1 and Act.2

I use the email on Act.1 as my primary email account, it has all of my contacts, I use it to apply for jobs etc... I don't however use the xbox profile on it, I made it back when the 360 was still fairly new, didn't like my original GamerTag so I created a new microsoft account Act.2

I use my xbox account on Act.2 I don't use the email ever, I don't need this microsoft account but I need/want my xbox profile its my oldest one that I've used continuously.

How do I remove the xbox profile from the microsoft account I do use, so I can then add the xbox account I do use to it so that I can have everything I use all in the same place.

Do I need to call someone? I tried contact and it won't give me a number for this issue. Everywhere says in order to delete an xbox profile I need to delete the microsoft account associated with it, which seems totally ridiculous I NEED my microsoft account as is, I DONT need the xbox profile attached to it

:)

B.Ciesielski, Nov 9, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

How to remove or delete xbox account from Microsoft Account without deleting my whole Microsoft account

Hi, to be honest I don't think that something like this can be implemented soon due to security reasons.

For example, what if someone stole your account and impersonate you to migrate only your xbox profile and purchases to a completely different account?

If you look the transfer option in that way, I think that it makes more sense (or at least for me)

In any case, the best option to share this feedback / idea with Microsoft is using the feedback hub app.

If maybe you need detailed steps on how to do that, check this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sen...

By the way, thanks for your understanding
  3. B.Ciesielski Win User

How to remove or delete xbox account from Microsoft Account without deleting my whole Microsoft account

Thanks, this is unfortunate. It seems like this is an issue that plenty of people have. I'm not sure if your role has some form of internal reporting to highlight issues that customers are having, but if there is I would suggest highlighting this fact so that it can be fixed and implemented. From my web searches it seems like it has been an issue for years and the programmers/developers have yet to address it.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this
    B.CIESIELSKI

I don’t like to give bad news but nope. Unfortunately there is no way to delete only the Xbox profile from your Microsoft account.
    The Xbox profile and other services like Skype, Onedrive, office365 are linked with your Microsoft account and can’t be deleted separately as well
  5. Francia J. Win User

Deleting xbox account without deleting whole microsoft account

Hi soap803, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Deleting or removing an Xbox profile is not possible and they're correct that you will be needing to close or delete your Microsoft account to do so.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Deleting xbox account without deleting whole microsoft account

no you can't, it used to be possible before 2008 then everything was merged, the Xbox account IS the Microsoft account they are not just simply linked, they are one in the same, they cannot be separated or spilt in any way, you cannot reset the account either.
Thema:

1. How to remove or delete xbox account from Microsoft Account without deleting my whole... - Similar Threads - remove delete account

2. How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????

in XboX Insiders
    How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????: Guys can someone tell me how I can remove the keyboard and mouse future in Xbox cloud gaming browser I really need to fix this help me eeewe submitted by /u/Inside-Bar1951 [link] [comments]
  3. Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...: This question has been asked before, but there is still no update and the Answers by the 'expert' were not even applicable to the XBox app, stating many options that just aren't available. Has...
  4. Fallout New Vegas Data deleted after removing insider club

in XboX Insiders
    Fallout New Vegas Data deleted after removing insider club: I couldn't stand my series x console forcing an update every day at 6 in the morning and making me lose commendation ranks because of it, so I decided to take myself out of the alpha insider club....
  5. Is it possible to remove an email address from an Xbox account without deleting the email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to remove an email address from an Xbox account without deleting the email...: Is it possible to remove an email address from an Xbox account without deleting the email account from the Microsoft servers? The situation: we set up our son's Xbox account when he was a small...
  6. Removing/deleting a game history/data

in XBoX Accessibility
    Removing/deleting a game history/data: So few years ago i played some cheap knock-off games from Microsoft Store (PC) and later i deleted them. few days ago i realised those games are being shown as a history in my Xbox app for PC and...
  7. CrossAcrobat556. Where is my 713 solitare level ? l delete my account ***Removed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CrossAcrobat556. Where is my 713 solitare level ? l delete my account ***Removed...: I had username CrossAcrobat556. I have deleted my ***Removed PII***@gmail.com effective October 27. I have created 2 new Microsoft accounts. ***Removed PII***@gmail.com & ***Removed...
  8. My Personal Email is Trapped inside a Deleted Account and it wont remove itself please help me

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Personal Email is Trapped inside a Deleted Account and it wont remove itself please help me: On July 14 Around 37 days ago I closed a account with my personal email one which I wish to put on my actual account. I waited the 30 days and another 7 so that I can swap my emails around but it...
  9. I removed an email as an alias, i get that its permanently deleted but can that same email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I removed an email as an alias, i get that its permanently deleted but can that same email...: i was trying to switch emails like everyone else is and i hit remove thinking it would only remove it from the account not delete because it only says remove, i even read the description and it...
  10. Will deleting a Microsoft account remove it's home Xbox association?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will deleting a Microsoft account remove it's home Xbox association?: If I mark a Microsoft account for closure, after it's been deleted, will it remove the accounts home Xbox? I recently marked an old account for closure but I think I forgot to remove my Xbox as...