HOW TO REMOVE MICROSOFT EDGE ON XBOX?!

Discus and support HOW TO REMOVE MICROSOFT EDGE ON XBOX?! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm more livid right now than I've ever been with Microsoft. I'll be abundantly clear - I have been trying for months to combat lust in my life --... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NA_466, Dec 22, 2023.

1. NA_466
    NA_466 Guest

I'm more livid right now than I've ever been with Microsoft.

I'll be abundantly clear - I have been trying for months to combat lust in my life -- thus, I've restricted much of my internet browsing access on my phone/computer. The issue is that it's impossible to remove or even limit my own access to Microsoft Edge on Xbox. The family settings don't work because I'm the only member & the organizer. You can't delete the stupid app. You can't even hide it so that it is hard to reach.

I feel defeated & like Microsoft is only helping the p. [Mod removed] industry by not allowing members who have spent thousands of dollars on their products to just play the games they purchased! If someone can suggest a way for me to never see a browser on my Xbox, I'll gladly Venmo you $20 as I'm royally frustrated.

****************moved from Microsoft edge*****************

:)

NA_466, Dec 22, 2023
  2. Vanessaez Win User

Hello NA_466, my name is Vanessa, I am an independent consultant for Microsoft, I will be happy to help you.

I regret to inform you that unfortunately you cannot remove Microsoft Edge from Xbox or PC. Since it is an essential component of the system. Although there are some sites that "explain" how to delete the browser, I do not recommend doing so, as this can cause more problems than solutions, the information is not mine, therefore the credits will go to the advisor AlfredoMendoza3.

In the following support link, you can find more information about it.

https://support.microsoft.com/microsoft-e...

Credits https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/a9225165-b47b-4c0b-b61a-aeb4bfb4582d

Vanessa.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello NA_466,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are fighting to cease the access of malicious content by eliminating the usage of Microsoft Edge. Microsoft Edge on Xbox is built in app, and this cannot be uninstalled. However, for your concern, you may eliminate the access to the malicious websites by managing the web filtering of your account. This is applicable to accounts added on Microsoft Family group as member. The organizer (parents) should enable this web filter on the accounts of members. Please refer to this link: Manage web filtering for members in your Xbox family group | Xbox Support

If by any chance you cannot do so, you may reach out to your internet service provider (ISP) for assistance about filtering websites. They could be able to assist you with this concern.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Microsoft Edge removal

Microsoft Edge is built-in with the Xbox operating system, much like how this app is bundled with Windows 10.

You can hide it (with BookishFlunky90's instructions), but you cannot uninstall it.
  5. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Microsoft Edge removal

The closest I've got was to unsnap it to disappear from home screen.

Starting it always open Games n apps and a sidebar with Edge in it.

So in that position, not full screen - press xbox button to get to home screen.

Then with LS you can select the games and apps part, or the edge part or a unsnap part.

There you can get it out of sight at least.
  6. REBELGAMER9 Win User

Microsoft Edge removal

Cannot remove Microsoft edge u can hide the app by unpinning from home but it will always show in the apps part.
Thema:

1. HOW TO REMOVE MICROSOFT EDGE ON XBOX?! - Similar Threads - REMOVE MICROSOFT EDGE

2. Minecraft account removed from microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft account removed from microsoft account: As of today, I was signed out of the official minecraft launcher AND multiMC. Signing in to both mojang and my microsoft account in my browser, it is showing I do not even own the game? I have...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. Digital Games Expiry and removal from Microsoft Library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital Games Expiry and removal from Microsoft Library: If I purchase a game, and you remove this game from you Microsoft library, will I be able to download and play it?, or I will not be able to download it as it is not in the library?, that affects...
  5. Why was minecoins removed from Microsoft rewards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was minecoins removed from Microsoft rewards: I tried to redeem some minecoins in Microsoft rewards but was told that it was removed, why was it removed be1dcde3-2a35-4fe0-9426-93a7a14021d4
  6. How do I remove a stuck payment method from my Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove a stuck payment method from my Microsoft Account?: Dear Microsoft/Xbox Community, I have a issue with my payment method that was been going on since 2 years ago (2022) & I tried to remove or replace the payment methods Online & on Console but it...
  7. my microsoft rewards account is restricted how do i get the restriction removed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft rewards account is restricted how do i get the restriction removed?: my microsoft rewards account is restricted how do i get the restriction removed? i know i havent broken any rules ive got over 60,000 reward points avaliable any help would be great dunno if there...
  8. HOW TO REMOVE MICROSOFT EDGE ON XBOX?!

in XBoX Accessibility
    HOW TO REMOVE MICROSOFT EDGE ON XBOX?!: I'm more livid right now than I've ever been with Microsoft. I'll be abundantly clear - I have been trying for months to combat lust in my life -- thus, I've restricted much of my internet...
  9. i need help to remove my fortnite account from one microsoft account then transfer to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i need help to remove my fortnite account from one microsoft account then transfer to...: Hi I linked my Fortnite account to my father's Microsoft account a while back and now my father is complaining that he has all his personal information on that account and doesn't want any games...
  10. Is there a way to view/remove a Minecraft account from a Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to view/remove a Minecraft account from a Microsoft account?: Here is the issue: I previously had a Minecraft Bedrock account linked to a Microsoft e-mail, during the whole migration thing, I moved my personal Minecraft account to this same e-mail, and now...