How to register for a Free Retrofit solution for my 2 Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel I own?

Discus and support How to register for a Free Retrofit solution for my 2 Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel I own? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I own 2 Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheels which I just found out that Microsoft is informed about the malfunction and incident they can cause. It has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Carlos Vargas5, Dec 26, 2023.

1. How to register for a Free Retrofit solution for my 2 Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel I own?

I own 2 Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheels which I just found out that Microsoft is informed about the malfunction and incident they can cause. It has been stated that any owner of such devices can register at www.xbox.com/support or call microsoft at (800)4MY-XBOX for a Free retrofit and protect against the potential hazard. Please help me where to register.

Thank you

:)

Carlos Vargas5, Dec 26, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

How to register for a Free Retrofit solution for my 2 Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel I own?

That warning came out in 2007. Microsoft don't even support the Xbox 360 any more and it's many peripherals. So there is no chance now of a retrofit. The only thing you can do now, if you're worried about the hazard, is to stop using them.
  3. ToF POSEIDON Win User

Xbox 360 steering wheel

On 22 August 2007 an announcement on the official Xbox website stated that Microsoft will retrofit for free all the Wireless Racing Wheels that were manufactured during 2006 and 2007. This is due to a component in the wheel chassis that in rare cases may
    overheat and release smoke when the AC/DC power supply is used to power up the wheel.[4]

According to Microsoft the retrofit of the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel is only required on products with SKU numbers 9Z1-00001, 9Z1-00002, 9Z1-00003, 9Z1-00004, 9Z1-00009, 9Z1-00011, 9Z1-00012, 9Z1-00013, 9Z1-00017, 9Z1-00018 and Wheel part numbers X809211-001,
    X809211-002, X809211-003, X809211-004, X809211-005.

The SKU number can be found on a label on the bottom side of the retail carton and the Wheel part numbers are found on a label on the bottom side of the dashboard assembly. Any SKU or Wheel not included in this list will not require the retrofit
  4. Paraffin Alien Win User

Xbox 360 wireless racing wheel stand

5. DTW Dirty Harry Win User

Possible Future Update for Fanetec's Hardware?

How about they start with a firmware update for their very own product, the Microsoft Wireless Racing Wheel?
  6. LuvSmoknPot Win User

wireless steering wheel

xbox 360 wireless racing wheel with force feedback
Thema:

1. How to register for a Free Retrofit solution for my 2 Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel I own? - Similar Threads - register Free Retrofit

2. My storage expansion card doesn’t register and I looked inside the groves are messed up for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My storage expansion card doesn’t register and I looked inside the groves are messed up for...: I looked into the xbox storage expansion slot and see that the groves are messed up 99f4ff2b-71f5-4976-ad6c-1290f1a79304
  3. Xbox One S not registering external storage when it was fine this morning until I ended my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S not registering external storage when it was fine this morning until I ended my...: My xbox is not detecting my external hard drive anymore. It was fine when I turned on the xbox this morning and started streaming. I could see all of my installed games and everything was fine....
  4. Xbox Controller buttons registering to keyboard buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller buttons registering to keyboard buttons: I connected my xbox controller to my pc and when i tried to play games with it the buttons didnt work right. For example I was playing a game on my computer and when i pressed the A button it...
  5. (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...

in XBoX on Windows
    (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...: Hello, so I am having a particularly strange issue with my XBox cloud gaming service. I have already chatted with the helpdesk about this and did the troubleshoooting they suggested but it hasn't...
  6. my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc: Hello. I have juts had this issue where my controller juts randomly disconnected from my pc. it's still pairing with the wireless adaptor i have put i just doesn't work with any games or is not...
  7. My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why: I bought an Xbox one a while back but i never use it because i have a ps5. But recently i’ve wanted to play my old 360 discs and they won’t register. is this a common issue? submitted by...
  8. random double a button presses registering. all games, multiple controllers, all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    random double a button presses registering. all games, multiple controllers, all...: I press the A button once and frequently any game on any system with any controller a double press is registered. All firmware and software updates are current. Systems power cycled. Batteries...
  9. My left stick doesn’t register

in XBoX on Consoles
    My left stick doesn’t register: When i push down my left stick doesn’t register. It also doesn’t click when I push down 262e882b-3a3b-4362-b049-5ce9cb4a578a
  10. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...