How to redeem a Game Pass Gift Card on a Childs Xbox account?

Discus and support How to redeem a Game Pass Gift Card on a Childs Xbox account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have tried over and over to change the permissions on my account. The birthday was put in wrong. Every time I try to change it, I get an error. It... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Skateolsen, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Skateolsen
    Skateolsen Guest

I have tried over and over to change the permissions on my account. The birthday was put in wrong. Every time I try to change it, I get an error. It will not send an approval request. It just denies it. I have tried to add game pass. It will not let me pay for it monthly. I purchased a 3 Month Game Pass and I cannot redeem it online or the console. How am I supposed to correct these issues?

:)

Skateolsen, Nov 26, 2023
  2. TobyFletcher Win User

Xbox games pass code already redeemed

Hi I just added $15 gift card to Xbox live and I’m trying to buy game pass but I entered the number on the gift card for game pass to redeem but it says it’s already redeemed
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox gamepass ultimate code redeem

No code for Game Pass (console/pc/ultimate) is automatically redeemed to your account. Microsoft and Xbox gift cards from Rewards are added to your account automatically, but game pass is not.
  4. DaveKayAdlib Win User

How do I use credit on my microsoft account to pay for an item that a member of my microsoft family has requested

Hello ,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We have an article entitled

Learn About Gift Cards and Prepaid Codes
    that states, "The funds in your Microsoft account can't be transferred after you redeem an Xbox on Microsoft Gift Card." The prepaid code needs to be redeemed on the account that intends to complete a purchase. The
    best solution would be to redeem a new Xbox Gift Card on your son's account. The

Xbox Family Settings
    are where a parent account can allow the child account to complete a purchase. Once the intended purchase is completed, the parent can remove the ability for the child to complete any further purchases. Be sure to let us know the results!
    Thanks, how do I get a refund for the gift card that is redeemed on the wrong account or is that money just wasted ?
  5. Smwutches Win User

Microsoft rewards Xbox Live

Yes. When you redeem points for Live or Game Pass, it'll send a code. When you redeem for an Xbox gift card, it automatically deposits the funds into your account.
  6. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Skateolsen, my name is Daniel and I would be happy to help.

From what I understand, you have problems with your account, the date of birth was entered incorrectly, therefore the system detects that your account is a child's, is this correct? If this is the case, I advise you to do the following, although these steps are only required if you have already turned 18 years of age according to the date entered the account. To upgrade a child account to an adult account:

1. Sign in to Xbox Live with the account you want to change.
    2. Go to Settings and then select Account.
    3. Select Expand child account.

Note: This option is only available if the date of birth for the account indicates that you have reached the age of majority (18 years of age in the United States). The legal age of adulthood varies by country and region. An account owner's age is calculated using the date of birth provided when creating the account. This date cannot be changed. If you entered an incorrect date of birth when creating the account, your only option is to create a new account with the correct date of birth.

Information source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/ee82c382-1425-47a8-b4ce-cfc1d260a826

I hope you understand, I wish you good luck.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
Thema:

1. How to redeem a Game Pass Gift Card on a Childs Xbox account? - Similar Threads - redeem Game Pass

2. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  3. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  4. Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card: I tried redeeming a game pass core 1 month gift card and I can't redeem it. It says that I'm one step closer and to use any payment method for auto renewal. I always use the account balance for it...
  5. what happens if i redeem xbox game pass core (3 months) when i still have 2 months of ultimate?

in XboX Insiders
    what happens if i redeem xbox game pass core (3 months) when i still have 2 months of ultimate?: i was going to redeem it on xbox rewards for 15000 .will it extend my ultimate by 2 months? will it replace my ultimate? . and also its my first time redeeming. will they send me a code or will it...
  6. Trying to redeem 3 months game pass ultimate that apparently came with xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to redeem 3 months game pass ultimate that apparently came with xbox?: im trying, not on this account, to redeem a 3 month game pass ultimate. when i firsy loaded up the new xbox it told me i could get 3 months free, i clicked the "later" button and now i cant find...
  7. I redeemed my moutian dew code for game pass and it didnt give me it what do i do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I redeemed my moutian dew code for game pass and it didnt give me it what do i do: I redeemed my moutian dew code and it said i got the gamepass but I cant play rainbow six siege what do i do 3cc349cd-868a-483d-a6e7-aa8f750dae4e
  8. I cant redeem my Discord 3 Month trial for xbox game pass!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant redeem my Discord 3 Month trial for xbox game pass!: everytime i want to reddem an error come that the code is wrong or something like that or that i redeem on an other web page fbd996e6-aca1-4a4f-a4d5-443b85c01494
  9. I have a Xbox account but I apparently redeemed my game pass on a different account- how...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a Xbox account but I apparently redeemed my game pass on a different account- how...: I have a Xbox account but I apparently redeemed my game pass on a different account- how can I fix this and use my game pass 6fa4a27b-be33-4c15-9fcd-2c7228772eb5
  10. didnt get a code with pc game pass redeemed with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    didnt get a code with pc game pass redeemed with Microsoft rewards?: I believe i was supposed to get a code when i redeemed my points, however i did not receive one. also whenever i try to get minecraft (on the launcher) or on the xbox app, it does not even say i...