How to recover lost account assets (email does not exist / forgot password)

Discus and support How to recover lost account assets (email does not exist / forgot password) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I got my old xbox 360 out, and it has a game with loads of DLC loaded on to it. I paid a lot of money for this DLC and such and so I wish to use it.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kevin Marschke, Jul 5, 2023.

1. How to recover lost account assets (email does not exist / forgot password)

I got my old xbox 360 out, and it has a game with loads of DLC loaded on to it. I paid a lot of money for this DLC and such and so I wish to use it. However, my old Microsoft account uses an old email I don't have access too and I long sense forgot the password too.

Annoyingly, the game in question knows the DLC is loaded but will not enable it sense I'm not signed in with an account that owns it.

How can I transfer the assets from this dead account to my new account? I have the email of the old account, though the email itself doesn't exist anymore.

Note I'm not looking for an "its impossible" answer. I purchased this game and DLC, have proof that I own it, and the account still exists, so it IS possible. I know it'll be a little more effort to get everything back, but I'm willing to take that effort.

:)

Kevin Marschke, Jul 5, 2023
  2. Christian Quinto Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Technically, it is not impossible. If you remember the email that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account then you are halfway there. But the real challenge here is the password. There is no other way to go around it but to remember it. If for some reason you were able to access your Microsoft account, Under the Account Summary section, click the link “Update email address” under your email address

You can either create a new email address or use an existing address you already have and that should be it. Since you already know the password, you can change it or keep it as is as long as you have updated your email address on your Microsoft account. Keep in mind, changes that have been made to your Microsoft account may take up to 24 hours to take effect.

You can try and check out this support page for further troubleshooting steps.

https://support.microsoft.com/home/contact?link....

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  3. Judge Win User

Finding My Email

4. ArminatorX Win User

Child accidentally deleted parent account on xbox one

Even if your account was deleted from the console, it still exists on the Live service "in the cloud". Simply press the Xbox button on the controller, go all the way to the left, and in the profile section add your account again by providing the Microsoft
    Account email and Password. Make sure you don't try to create a new account, but simply add your existing account.

As for the forgotten Password of the child account: try to recover it by signing in on any Microsoft Account website (e.g. https://account.microsoft.com ) and clicking on the forgot password link.

Follow the instructions to recover the password.

Be aware that game purchases and game progress are stored with the account, not the console! So if your kid loses access to the account, everything will be lost with the account!
  5. DarthLegacy905 Win User

an old account

are you asking how to reset the password or recover the account?

you should be able to reset the password by typing in your email and selecting "Forgot my password"

to recover the account, go here: https://account.live.com/acsr
  6. Mister Cizl Win User

retrieving a xbox 360 profile

Hey beneta83! If you know the email address the gamertag was associated with you can attempt to recover the password

here
    . If you do not know the email address, you can attempt to recover that
    here
    . Post back and let me know how it goes!
Thema:

1. How to recover lost account assets (email does not exist / forgot password) - Similar Threads - recover lost account

2. help recovering my lost account

in XBoX Accessibility
    help recovering my lost account: Around when the xbox 1 series s came out my dad bought me one for my birthday i used it all the way until 2021 which i got a pc, i hadent logged into the account since and my mom no longer has the...
  3. I know my username but i lost my email can i recover the account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I know my username but i lost my email can i recover the account?: I Brought Minecraft on an account and lost the email but im still logged in and can play on microsoft games with the account can i recover the email? 8c741100-ba3c-41cc-b4bd-999adc36672f
  4. How do I recover my lost account data?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover my lost account data?: After changing my gamertag on my Xbox, I lost all my account data, progress and purchases related to my games. How do I fix this? 7d4711b2-b083-4793-bc63-628df84d7c0d
  5. Recovering my Xbox account. (LOST IN ~2018)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovering my Xbox account. (LOST IN ~2018): I've already went to the Xbox support link: "Find your Microsoft account email address | Xbox Support" and that doesn't help me at all, there's no information there. Dear Xbox Support Team, I...
  6. Please recover my account (it was over a year since I lost it)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please recover my account (it was over a year since I lost it): My acount was hacked aruond 1 year ago. This was in late september of 2022 The hackers email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. My acount is *** Die...
  7. Recovering Lost Minecraft Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recovering Lost Minecraft Account: I migrated my account in June 2022, I had to change my name as it said my old name was taken. After this I lost all my data on all servers, as well as my skins and cape. I was wondering if I could...
  8. Help Needed to Recover Minecraft Account Lost During Email Deletion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help Needed to Recover Minecraft Account Lost During Email Deletion: Hello, fellow Minecraft enthusiasts, A while back, I migrated my Minecraft Account from Mojang to Microsoft with the intention of having a specific account solely for Minecraft and another for...
  9. Can I recover the email of my lost account whilst only knowing its gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recover the email of my lost account whilst only knowing its gamertag?: Hello. I haven't had an Xbox in many years but upon purchasing a new one I faced a problem. I can (I believe) remember my old Gamertag, however, upon several login attempts, I have resulted in...
  10. recovering a xbox account i lost because i lost the email

in XBoX Accessibility
    recovering a xbox account i lost because i lost the email: ive contacted support but they said they were not able to confirm i was the owner of the account if anyone had advice on what to do ill take your word for it i gave them as much information that i...