How to Recover An Old Gamertag

Discus and support How to Recover An Old Gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I just got an Xbox 360 (sad I know) and from seeing my friends play on theirs, I had a lot of background knowledge on how to use it and set it up. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheZealAmerican, Jan 25, 2014.

1. How to Recover An Old Gamertag

So I just got an Xbox 360 (sad I know) and from seeing my friends play on theirs, I had a lot of background knowledge on how to use it and set it up. I made my account, played some games, the usual. Although, when I went to set up for Xbox Live, I
    didn't know that it would change your gamertag (which I think is stupid). After I made my Live account, it said my gamertag had been changed and that I could change it once for free. So, I went right away to change my gamertag to my old gamertag, the one I
    created when I got my Xbox. When I hit done, it just said that the gamertag was already in use. I want to know how to get my gamertag back without deleting my profile or making a new Xbox Live profile. PLEASE HELP!!!!

:)

TheZealAmerican, Jan 25, 2014
  2. Live Account over 360 and Xbox One

At the moment if you go to a mates house you can recover your gamertag on their 360, then when you get home you need to recover your gamertag back to your console (unless you use a USB Stick).

I am wondering how it will work with the xboxone? As I dont want to keep recovering my Gamertag everytime I move from my 360 to the xbox one and back again. Will it let you have your account on both machines at the sametime?

Cheers in advance.

Cass

weaponx_uk2003, Jan 25, 2014
  3. l3ennett28
    l3ennett28 Guest
    recovering old account email

cant recover e-mail adress for my old profile but i do no the gamertag for it any suggestions on how to recover it

l3ennett28, Jan 25, 2014
  4. fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Guest

You will need to remember the e-mail you used to set up the original gamertag and use that to download that account. If it was the same e-mail then there's 2 possibilities.

1. You are misremembering and it was a different e-mail

2. The old Microsoft Account was shut down and the old gamertag is currently on NO e-mail address.

Both of these will require contacting Live support (by phone in America/Canada at 1-800-469-9269) to verify the information on the account. if it's problem 2 then they will likely need to escalate to get it fixed.

If you want to have your old gamertag on your new account then you will need to game access to the old account, change the gamertag, then hope that it becomes available at some point for you to use on the new account.

fredgiblet, Jan 25, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: