How to read "File Info" for a game

Discus and support How to read "File Info" for a game in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Sorry if this isn't allowed here or if this is common knowledge but I'm Inquiring as to if anyone knows how to or has a link to a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DuperMate, Jan 26, 2024.

1. /u/DuperMate
    /u/DuperMate Guest

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this isn't allowed here or if this is common knowledge but I'm Inquiring as to if anyone knows how to or has a link to a document explaining exactly what the information under "file info" for a game is telling me.

Would ideally be able to read it entirely ideally (I just generally fine these sort of things interesting) however my curiosity is mostly on the information in the bottom last line, for example:

ConsoleType: XboxGen9; IsPreIndexed: False; X1XE

Looking through a few different games there's a bunch of different combinations within this line. Some causing confusion such as:

ConsoleType: XboxOne; IsPreIndexed: True; Gen9

TLDR: If anyone can help me in learning how to read the "file info" and what it's telling me, specifically the info in the second last line (bolded above) but ideally the entire document it would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/DuperMate
    [link] [comments]

/u/DuperMate, Jan 26, 2024
  2. ngocphi Win User

This is rubbish

3. Ruthless Tenjin Win User

Fun facts

Just read the files you get from the serpent emblems. They're full of back story and tiny tidbits of info.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Being ddos

You are not allowed to call out gamertags on the forums.

For info on how to deal with this please read this
    support.xbox.com/.../dos-attacks-faq

You should also file a complaint about the person doing this.
  5. ElectroFlying Win User

External HDD doesn´t work fine with Xbox Obe

Lack of Defrag possibly, IDK. But updates overwrite older updates, and could leave... Ummm... I will call it speaks of old info in the file. And from what I read here on the forums. Games require a ton of updates.

Thus if I had said problem, I would try deleating the game, updates and the like and reDL again and see how that pans out 1st before adding a New external drive and the like.
  6. Metal10957 Win User

How do you download your Black Ops to your hard drive?

[quote user="Mad Old Noon"]

Go rent a copy, install it the way fuzzyearlobes explained, then play off your copy.

[/quote]

If the info file for the disc is intact, that would work. The dvd drive won't read any of the games, so a rented game would do no good.
Thema:

1. How to read "File Info" for a game - Similar Threads - read File Info

2. My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable: Update error 0x00000201 can somebody help me can't do an update after resetting my game and I can't do an offline update I'm connected to the internet but it still just doesn't work...
  3. I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is...: I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is all the way to the right (chat) and I cant change it. 0d0e852e-3d8f-4c9c-8c0c-15a35d510004
  4. Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard: I have tried deleting the drivers but it still persists. Shares the same address as the Mouse and keyboard in device manager. Each time I press the left thumbstick it pops up keyboard....
  5. WHich models of Xbox can read HFS+ files

in XBoX on Consoles
    WHich models of Xbox can read HFS+ files: I am looking to purchase a used xbox and use it as a media player. I have a HDD formatted to HFS+ format. Which Xbox console can read the videos(movies) from the drive?...
  6. MUST READ **MY EXPERIENCE WITH GABRIEL Microsoft Answer Tech**

in XboX Insiders
    MUST READ **MY EXPERIENCE WITH GABRIEL Microsoft Answer Tech**: To the Esteemed Team at xboxinsider (THIS IS SOMETHIGN THAT NEEDS TO BE HEARD AND SHARD), I am writing to you today, not just as a customer, but as a person who has been deeply touched by the...
  7. Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...: My Xbox played 4K-BR seamlessly before April 2024, but as of May 2024, my Xbox Series X has stopped reading all 4K UHD Blu-ray discs (BD50, BD66, BD100) - whilst all other formats (DVD, Blu-ray...
  8. Minecraft installer crashes when opened reading "File system Error (-1069586941)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft installer crashes when opened reading "File system Error (-1069586941): The Minecraft launcher had been running fine until one day it started to throw this error. It seems to be associated with the gamepass even though ive never used one. I am logged into the same...
  9. Enter the Gungeon for PC not reading save files.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Enter the Gungeon for PC not reading save files.: This is for Enter the Gungeon, which I play on the Xbox app for PC. I was just playing a few days ago and logged out normally. Today when I tried to start playing, all the save content was gone,...
  10. Save file not be read on Quantum Brake.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Save file not be read on Quantum Brake.: Last night I had my timeline. But now it gone. e68d7a49-a399-450b-8536-0760084889d0