How to quit and save make Just Cause 3 resume last checkpoint next startup?

Discus and support How to quit and save make Just Cause 3 resume last checkpoint next startup? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been fiddling now for 5 hours trying to get this to work. Tried all variations, being only offline or online. Installed from disk and it also... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BookishFlunky90, Oct 5, 2016.

1. How to quit and save make Just Cause 3 resume last checkpoint next startup?

I've been fiddling now for 5 hours trying to get this to work.

Tried all variations, being only offline or online.

Installed from disk and it also made 5G or so online update, so total about 47G.

I play until I see there are checkpoints saved and also made resume last checkpoint to see that it is saved, and it comes back to the same spot where I was.

I did like parachute landing and saved.

Tried further to get to Mario, and also one step further fighting with rebells.

Every start is starting from the very start as new game.

Is any kind of quit via menu button on main tile ok?

I don't understand this at all - there are not quit and save or so from game.

JC2 on 360 was never any problems, and still isn't.

Thanks.

:)

BookishFlunky90, Oct 5, 2016
  2. Quartson
    Quartson Guest
    I have the Halo LASO checkpoints if you need them

I have Halo CE, 2, 3, and 4 LASO playlist checkpoints if anyone needs them. It means you join my game and I hit resume then save/quit and you will be on last level of Halo CE and Halo 2 LASO playlist, as well as get achiement for completing Halo 3 and 4 LASO.

Some consider these the hardest achievements in the game.

GT = SpauldingX

Quartson, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Crusher X303
    Crusher X303 Guest
    Had enough - thanks for ruining an otherwise perfect game...(SPOILERS)

[quote user="OldPepsiMan"]

Has anyone figured out if there's a difference between resume from last save as opposed to resume from end of story? I've experimented with these a little and always seem to resume from the same spot no matter which I choose..

[/quote]

From what I have noticed the second option loads you back to as close as it can if your checkpoint save is not there anymore.

I was on a later chapter ( I think 8 or 9) and forgot some artifacts and side missions from the early game. I saved/quit and loaded up chapter 4. After I did everything I needed I saved/quit which put my save point in chapter 4 now. So i choose the second option
    and now I was back in chapter 8 (but not really near where I was with my checkpoint)

Crusher X303, Oct 5, 2016
  4. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest

Hey BookishFlunky90! When the game loads in the same place, does it remember the activities you've completed or the locations you've discovered? Post back and let me know!

Mister Cizl, Oct 6, 2016
  5. Hi and thank you for your assistance.

Yes, some progress like chaos and kills etc are accumulated - but not positions.

There are several checkpoint saves that don't bump you up to that point next time you start JC3.

So you redo even places where there were videoclips in between, which I don't remember ever saw in a game before. Videoclips usually means some level of a mission is accomplished.

And I compare mostly to JC2, playing that on 360 now as well.

So from start you are on airplace, first save is when you parachute into a canyon, next save when reaching mario and then a video clip explaining next step. But quiting JC3 and starting again you are on ariplane and have to do those again - if happend to
    take a longer break playing.

It could be as designed, not sure?

But googling on it, and also getting confirmed many have had this as of dec 2015, after spending 8 hours and more on a session and loosing that - I felt I have to investigate. You really hate that if something is broken when you invested so many hours into
    it.

I also saw comments from people confirming that do start as expected next time, so again thinking it might be something wrong.

It was so well made in JC2, you even had 10 save slots from your own liking etc. I at least started playing about 150 games, and never had issue with it.

So if somebody can confirm either way - it's really long to get bumped up on first missions, not redoing that again - or it restart promptly with Restart from last checkpoint?

Many games have like shorter repeat sequence when you fail at a certain point, you just redo last 30 seconds or so. But these are checkpoint saves that do not bump you up passed that next time you start.

Been in contact with square-enix about it too, and they did not tell me otherwise, that this would be as designed, but wanted me to reset console and profile stuff. I created a new profile but same thing.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 6, 2016
  6. It seems that JC3 is designed this way - you have to do the full first mission in one go - no checkpoints to continue from if quitting on a checkpoint.

What a stunt to pull on gamers at first mission, which is not even stated either what the mission is.

It's more like a prologue.

JC2 is much better in this sense - you never had to worry how far you will be bumped back when quitting.

BookishFlunky90, Nov 2, 2018
  7. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Hi and thank you for your assistance.

Yes, some progress like chaos and kills etc are accumulated - but not positions.

There are several checkpoint saves that don't bump you up to that point next time you start JC3.

So you redo even places where there were videoclips in between, which I don't remember ever saw in a game before. Videoclips usually means some level of a mission is accomplished.

And I compare mostly to JC2, playing that on 360 now as well.

So from start you are on airplace, first save is when you parachute into a canyon, next save when reaching mario and then a video clip explaining next step. But quiting JC3 and starting again you are on ariplane and have to do those again - if happend to
    take a longer break playing.

It could be as designed, not sure?

But googling on it, and also getting confirmed many have had this as of dec 2015, after spending 8 hours and more on a session and loosing that - I felt I have to investigate. You really hate that if something is broken when you invested so many hours into
    it.

I also saw comments from people confirming that do start as expected next time, so again thinking it might be something wrong.

It was so well made in JC2, you even had 10 save slots from your own liking etc. I at least started playing about 150 games, and never had issue with it.

So if somebody can confirm either way - it's really long to get bumped up on first missions, not redoing that again - or it restart promptly with Restart from last checkpoint?

Many games have like shorter repeat sequence when you fail at a certain point, you just redo last 30 seconds or so. But these are checkpoint saves that do not bump you up passed that next time you start.

Been in contact with square-enix about it too, and they did not tell me otherwise, that this would be as designed, but wanted me to reset console and profile stuff. I created a new profile but same thing.
  8. BookishFlunky90 Win User

It seems that JC3 is designed this way - you have to do the full first mission in one go - no checkpoints to continue from if quitting on a checkpoint.

What a stunt to pull on gamers at first mission, which is not even stated either what the mission is.

It's more like a prologue.

JC2 is much better in this sense - you never had to worry how far you will be bumped back when quitting.
  9. Mister Cizl Win User

Hey BookishFlunky90! When the game loads in the same place, does it remember the activities you've completed or the locations you've discovered? Post back and let me know!
  10. jasontaylor831 Win User

Halo infinite not saving after a checkpoint

I’m playing halo infinite and I’m having the same issue at the tower. My progress will save and I’ll reach saving checkpoints. But when I quit the game and eventually resumed the game within 1 minute of quitting and leaving the game, my progress did not save. The same thing happened last night. Why does this keep occurring and what needs to be done in order to save my progress?
  11. Crusher X303 Win User

Had enough - thanks for ruining an otherwise perfect game...(SPOILERS)

[quote user="OldPepsiMan"]

Has anyone figured out if there's a difference between resume from last save as opposed to resume from end of story? I've experimented with these a little and always seem to resume from the same spot no matter which I choose..

[/quote]

From what I have noticed the second option loads you back to as close as it can if your checkpoint save is not there anymore.

I was on a later chapter ( I think 8 or 9) and forgot some artifacts and side missions from the early game. I saved/quit and loaded up chapter 4. After I did everything I needed I saved/quit which put my save point in chapter 4 now. So i choose the second option
    and now I was back in chapter 8 (but not really near where I was with my checkpoint)
Thema:

1. How to quit and save make Just Cause 3 resume last checkpoint next startup? - Similar Threads - quit save Cause

2. Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s...: Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s still playing music harm my Xbox series x? abada44f-6720-471c-b5b0-07ae71c10b9a
  3. Games closed by the automatic shutoff timer don't show the Quit option

in XboX Insiders
    Games closed by the automatic shutoff timer don't show the Quit option: Usually games in Quick Resume can be closed by pressing menu on them and selecting Quit. That option is missing if your console was shut off by the inactivity timer. submitted by /u/MissingNerd...
  4. Was playing r6 then it quit and won't come back online to let me play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Was playing r6 then it quit and won't come back online to let me play: I was playing rainbow six siege I've owned the game for years no I was just playing it then the game quit out i relaunch in to the game says the game has a update via inside the game and now it...
  5. some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...: I was putting up stream and usually ill re set it to get this to work but now it flat out wont work. Everytime i go like its muted and wont let me unmute the stream. I dont know what to do....
  6. Why is only my quit screen like this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is only my quit screen like this?: I don’t know how to describe it very well (won’t let me send a picture) but my quit screen when I try to leave an app/game is very small and off to the left of the grey box. At first I thought it...
  7. Save and Quit in Minecraft PE does not save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Save and Quit in Minecraft PE does not save: I was adventuring and went thousands of block got ton of loots and then saved and quit but when I logged back I was just some 50 block away from my house even tho I went like thousands of blocks...
  8. Save and quit bedrock minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Save and quit bedrock minecraft: I was playing Minecraft and I did not save and quit my bedrock Minecraft game and now I can’t play in that world it is a pain me and my freind keep trying to figure it out if anyone knows how to...
  9. Minecraft Save & Quit does not save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Save & Quit does not save: Multiple times I have played for hours then decided to get off so I press save and quit and it takes me out of the game and doesn't save my world and now I have lost 10+ hours of work with this...
  10. Restoring save and quit after formatting.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Restoring save and quit after formatting.: I reformatted my secondhand xbox 360 (original) and now it won't save. I reformatted because the previous owner had left a lot of data on the drive that I think was stretching the memory and...