How to Quick Fix the Teredo IP Address issue with Strict NAT types IF TROUBLE CONNECTING TRY ...

Discus and support How to Quick Fix the Teredo IP Address issue with Strict NAT types IF TROUBLE CONNECTING TRY ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; NEED: Laptop with wifi and an ethernet cable Depending on the laptop you can share your internet with your laptop by going through the wireless... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by G0LDS, Jan 13, 2014.

1. G0LDS
    G0LDS Guest

How to Quick Fix the Teredo IP Address issue with Strict NAT types IF TROUBLE CONNECTING TRY ...

NEED:

Laptop with wifi and an ethernet cable

Depending on the laptop you can share your internet with your laptop by going through the wireless properties. This somehow bypasses the issues with the router and UDP port 3544 being blocked. Follow the instructions on that link to fix.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conte...ps-internet-access-with-ano.navId-323042.html

:)

G0LDS, Jan 13, 2014
  2. TO0ms
    TO0ms Guest
    Unable to connect to party chat at all on Xbox One. NAT type always strict and "Can't get a Teredo IP address" error testing multiplayer connection.

Yes, NAT type shows strict and testing the multiplayer connection yields this error: 'Can't get a Teredo IP address'

TO0ms, Jan 13, 2014
  3. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest
    system link black ops 2

Hey there Tokuu! I'm having trouble understanding, are your consoles currently connected to the internet? I'm just not sure if you're using the wifi or not.

At any rate, it sounds like it could possibly be an issue with either your NAT or with both you and your brother being on the exact same IP address. Can you tell me if you and your brother's consoles were both assigned the exact same IP address?

What I would try would be setting both of your NATs to open. (Use this guide:
    http://support.xbox.com/xbox-live/connecting/nat-type-strict
    ).

I feel like if both of your NATs are Open it could resolve the issue. So I'd give that a shot and let us know how it worked for you. ^_^

Mister Cerb, Jan 13, 2014
  4. xXSwampsXx
    xXSwampsXx Guest

What if your laptop cannnot connect either?

xXSwampsXx, Mar 17, 2014
  5. xXSwampsXx Win User

How to Quick Fix the Teredo IP Address issue with Strict NAT types IF TROUBLE CONNECTING TRY THIS

What if your laptop cannnot connect either?
  6. TO0ms Win User

Unable to connect to party chat at all on Xbox One. NAT type always strict and "Can't get a Teredo IP address" error testing multiplayer connection.

Yes, NAT type shows strict and testing the multiplayer connection yields this error: 'Can't get a Teredo IP address'
  7. Mae Sev. Win User

How to fix teredo when testing NAT type

Hello JonathanLinze,

We appreciate you for sharing this with us and welcome to the Xbox Forums.

We understand that you are having issues with your NAT type and Teredo address when trying to play games or join parties on your Xbox console. I'll be happy to assist you with this issue.

Firstly, let's understand what NAT type and Teredo address are. NAT (Network Address Translation) is a method used by routers to share a single IP address across multiple devices on a local network. NAT type determines how easily your Xbox console can communicate with other devices on the internet. There are three types of NAT: Open, Moderate, and Strict. Open NAT allows you to connect to other players and host games with ease, while Strict NAT can cause issues with connectivity.

Teredo is a networking protocol that enables communication between devices on the internet that are located behind a NAT. It is used by Xbox consoles to establish a connection with other players and services on the internet.

Now, let's move on to the steps to fix the issue with Teredo and NAT type: (Kindly skip the steps you have done)

Step 1: Check your network connection

Make sure that your Xbox console is connected to the internet and that your network connection is stable. You can check your network connection by going to Settings > Network > Network settings on your Xbox console.

Step 2: Check your NAT type

To check your NAT type, go to Settings > Network > Network settings > Test NAT type. If your NAT type is Strict, you may experience issues with connectivity. To fix this, you can try the following steps:

- Restart your router and modem

- Enable UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) on your router

- Forward the necessary ports for Xbox Live on your router

- Set up a DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) on your router for your Xbox console

Step 3: Check your Teredo address

To check your Teredo address, go to Settings > Network > Network settings > Test multiplayer connection. If you see the message "Teredo is unable to qualify", it means that your Xbox console is unable to establish a Teredo connection. To fix this, you can try the following steps:

- Restart your router and modem

- Enable Teredo on your router

- Disable IPv6 on your router

- Disable any VPN (Virtual Private Network) or proxy settings on your network

If the above steps do not help, you can try contacting your internet provider to ask there help regarding with or NAT type. Since, in order to let Xbox console communicate with the Xbox network, we are advised to meet the required ports to be open. Kindly refer to this link for the ports: Network ports used by the Xbox network on the Xbox console

I hope these steps help you with the issue with your NAT type and Teredo address. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  8. Mister Cerb Win User

system link black ops 2

Hey there Tokuu! I'm having trouble understanding, are your consoles currently connected to the internet? I'm just not sure if you're using the wifi or not.

At any rate, it sounds like it could possibly be an issue with either your NAT or with both you and your brother being on the exact same IP address. Can you tell me if you and your brother's consoles were both assigned the exact same IP address?

What I would try would be setting both of your NATs to open. (Use this guide:
    http://support.xbox.com/xbox-live/connecting/nat-type-strict
    ).

I feel like if both of your NATs are Open it could resolve the issue. So I'd give that a shot and let us know how it worked for you. ^_^
  9. XBF Diego M Win User

NAT ESTRITO [Translation-STRICT NAT]

Hey Wyctor,

I'd be happy to help. Have you checked your router settings to make sure teredo tunneling is enabled and the UPnP is also enabled in the router settings?

I would suggest looking over this
    guide
    for Strict NAT types or teredo IP address issues that usually causes Strict or unavailable NAT types. There are 8 possible solutions on there.

I hope there is some helpful information on there that can resolve the issue.
Thema:

1. How to Quick Fix the Teredo IP Address issue with Strict NAT types IF TROUBLE CONNECTING TRY ... - Similar Threads - Quick Fix Teredo

2. Black screen after loading Quick Resume, needing to press guide button to fix. Also,...

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen after loading Quick Resume, needing to press guide button to fix. Also,...: After the recent January updates, the (atrocious) home screen isn't as fluid as before, even after all the Game Pass and Microsoft Store mandatory content. And also, when loading Quick Resume...
  3. Stuck on Pending? Here's a quick fix

in XboX Insiders
    Stuck on Pending? Here's a quick fix: This solution immediately worked for me. I tried waiting on pending for 1 hour to no avail. Instead I followed these steps and after rebooting my Xbox after a full shutdown I was able to open the...
  4. Option to disable quick resume or fix it

in XboX Insiders
    Option to disable quick resume or fix it: it sounds good in theory buts it’s the worst thing to happen to online xbox games, because closing game doesn’t turn off quick resume for it so if I play an online game I need to keep force turn...
  5. Any quick fix actions for the blu-ray player "Error 0x91d700a" on XboxOneS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any quick fix actions for the blu-ray player "Error 0x91d700a" on XboxOneS: Ive had this happen multiple times in past few weeks. Ive unplugged cables and reset power too many times. i eventually reset the whole device this weekend to get it to play discs again and here I...
  6. Signing into Xbox live quick fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Signing into Xbox live quick fix: Go update your controller it Should sign you in it worked for me a few others f5936789-434a-4e7c-b2c0-adb5c2ebf5cb
  7. Ryse: Son of Rome is broken and needs a quick fix NOW

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ryse: Son of Rome is broken and needs a quick fix NOW: For about a month or 2 now anyone that plays ryse son of rome for xbox one are not receiving gold at the end of mp matches. This is the only way to get new gear in mp but for some reason the gold...
  8. A quick fix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A quick fix: Hello All, after absolutely no response to my 2 posts, in 12 days, in regards to the issues with both 'Taptiles' and 'Mindsweeper' I downloaded another MS game 'Mahjong' and it fixed the issue I...
  9. Quick Simple Connection Issue Fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Quick Simple Connection Issue Fix: Hello Fellow Xbox Gamers! I recently have been getting a lot of questions regarding connection issues and wanted to post an up to date quick fix that i do every time i experience and issues....
  10. why is xbox quick to ban people but not fix its service? i used to get 4 bars on my router now ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is xbox quick to ban people but not fix its service? i used to get 4 bars on my router now ...: i never get messages. i never get party invites. i don't know what happened to my preview beta code. I'm playing gears four and my connection keeps spiking i have 150 up and down fios. i just...