How to prevent child from removing his ID from our Family account and time restrictions

Discus and support How to prevent child from removing his ID from our Family account and time restrictions in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We had successfully installed and setup our child's Xbox1 account on our Family account. Once the child had used up his online screen time, he simply... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SOSAxRANGER, Jun 26, 2019.

1. SOSAxRANGER
    SOSAxRANGER Guest

How to prevent child from removing his ID from our Family account and time restrictions

We had successfully installed and setup our child's Xbox1 account on our Family account. Once the child had used up his online screen time, he simply removed himself from our Family using his Xbox1.

We would like to add his child account back to the Family and successfully administer time restrictions and block adult content.

How can we setup his account and his Xbox1 to block him from removing himself from our Family account?

Is there certain software updates on the Xbox1 that need to be in place to successfully setup this child account (and restrict it from being removed by the child)??

:)

SOSAxRANGER, Jun 26, 2019
  2. Paul1708 Win User

Has long has you dont give then the pass word too your account then they cant remove themself only the adult account can change or remove a child.

You should have a account for yourself and a account for him. Both must have differnt email address and passwords

You sign into account.microsoft.com/family with your account and click add child.

You then enter the child accounts email and password.

You then verrify that by logging into the email address and confriming.

Once you have linked the accounts you can then change the settings too what you want them too be and the child cant change those or get out of them unless they know the password so dont give it too them.

You can read about family controls and how too use them on these support pages here

https://support.xbox.com/browse/xbox-one/security
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Steps to remove a child account:

1. Go to
      account.microsoft.com/family
    2. 2
      Sign in with your Microsoft account, then:
      • To remove a child, scroll down and select Manage my child's profile info, select the child, select Remove consent for this child's account, and confirm. Go back to your family’s page, and under the child’s
        name, select More options > Remove from family, and confirm.
    Your child must have signed in with access to the parent account in order to remove themselves. I would suggest you change your account password and/or remove automatic sign in on the adult account. They may not know your password but if it is saved on
    the Xbox then perhaps your child logged you in that way.
  4. Echo4Ent Win User

Xbox One

Head on over to the Family Section for Microsoft accounts at: https://account.microsoft.com/family

From there you can select the child, and set content restrictions (including removing all restrictions). You can also set screen time limits, and set up a weekly report of your child's Microsoft activities.

ENJOY!
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

I need help removing child consent

You can remove an account from a family group. The account will still exist, but it won't have the benefits or restrictions it had when it was within the family group. To remove a member from your family group, you must have an adult account, and be the
    one who gave consent.

1. 1
      Go to family.microsoft.com.
    2. 2
      Sign in with your Microsoft account, then:
      • To remove a child, scroll down and select Manage my child's profile info, select the child, select Remove consent for this child's account, and confirm. Then, go back to your family’s page, and under the child’s name, select More
        options > Remove from family, and confirm.
      • To remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, verify the account.
      • To remove an adult, under that person's name, select More options > Remove from family, and confirm.
      • To leave the family group if you’re the only adult in the family, remove all children first, then find your name, select Leave family, and confirm. You must be over the statutory age to remove yourself.
      • If you're incorrectly listed as a child when you're an adult, see How to change a birthdate on a Microsoft account.
  6. Sodangidni Win User

"Multiplayer is disabled. please check your Microsoft account settings" (Minecraft)

Hi, Zach.

The message appears only when an account is a child account.

It is important to mention that removing an account from a family group will not remove those restrictions.

I can advise you to re-join your family group and ask the adult account that added you to change your privacy settings when needed to do in the potential solution I shared.
Thema:

1. How to prevent child from removing his ID from our Family account and time restrictions - Similar Threads - prevent child removing

2. How do I prevent my Xbox One from getting bootlooped?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I prevent my Xbox One from getting bootlooped?: This is the second time I’ve had to factory reset my Xbox, how do I prevent this issue and how do I fix it if it happens again? submitted by /u/KozyKamper266 [link] [comments]
  3. How does XboxS prevent an adult from contacting my child?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does XboxS prevent an adult from contacting my child?: How can/does MS prevent an adult, posing as a child, from contacting my child on XboxS during live play? 2d1f38cf-015f-4625-b55b-d017c53f0566
  4. How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?: My 14 years old is able to leave the family group. How can i prevent it? 9d32f861-e576-4990-a473-f99459314cd1
  5. How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?: Hi everyone, My problem: I have two kids, 7 and 9. They each have their own accounts on the Xbox and have appropriate controls and limits in place. Except they both have unrestricted access to...
  6. How do you stop xbox cloud gaming from randomly disconnecting/ how to prevent "Sorry, queue...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you stop xbox cloud gaming from randomly disconnecting/ how to prevent "Sorry, queue...: I was playing a game and I was randomly disconnected. I now have to wait 4 hours. My internet is good and my computer is running fine. I've cleared cache recently. Is there an outside factor that...
  7. Profile name change by daughter is preventing me from playing my games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Profile name change by daughter is preventing me from playing my games: My daughter changed my Xbox profile name and now when I try to play my games the saves won’t load. I’m specifically playing Elden Ring and when I start the game it tells me it has to load the new...
  8. How do I prevent the extremely annoying full screen ad from popping up when I turn my...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I prevent the extremely annoying full screen ad from popping up when I turn my...: I paid for a console I pay for gamepass I don't want a full screen ad I have to click past whenever I turn my console on extremely disappointed how do I make sure I never get them again...
  9. How do I prevent a child from changing time zone.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I prevent a child from changing time zone.: What settings do I need to change to prevent my kids from changing time zones to bypass the family times I have set for them? Every time I change something they find a way around it. Makes the...
  10. Prevent Child from Leaving the Family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Prevent Child from Leaving the Family: Is there a way to disable a child from removing him or herself from the family? My teen logged into his child account, removed himself from the family, and created a fake parent email,...