How to play purchased game on multiple accounts?

Discus and support How to play purchased game on multiple accounts? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I purchased the Forza Horizon 5 Xbox series X edition for Christmas. My fiance went through full set up yesterday and enjoyed playing his game! I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Denie LeBay, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Denie LeBay
    Denie LeBay Guest

So I purchased the Forza Horizon 5 Xbox series X edition for Christmas. My fiance went through full set up yesterday and enjoyed playing his game! I was also kind of excited to play around with it, but did not want to mess up his game play. I created a separate account and tried playing. The first round it told me that I shouldn't open the game because his account had a quick resume set up. So I went to his profile to check it, figured out how to save the game and went back to try and open it on my account. Now it tells me I am not able to open this game because my account isn't the one that "purchased" it.

I'm extremely confused because I've been under the impression (for my entire life) that when you purchase a game on any console that it would be able to be used by any account on the console. (I can understand that maybe I wouldn't have access to any online functions, or possibly like DLCS). Why does it seem like this is not the case? Is xbox and Microsoft looking to scam even more money out of their consumers by forcing them to purchase a new download of each game on each account?!! Not to mention, I spent a pretty penny on this bundle, under the assumption that it generally came with the game, not just for one person. If I knew that was the case, I would've bought everything separate including the game because maybe having an actual physical copy would work for multiple accounts.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. I am beyond frusterated about this if I am correct on how this works.

:)

Denie LeBay, Dec 27, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

3. Smwutches Win User

Destiny Taken King digital download for xbox 360 - access to content from multiple accounts on my 360

Bungie has not allowed this game to be access by multiple accounts on the 360. Only the account that purchased the game can access it. You would need to purchase it again in order for your son to be able to play.
  4. BobMcFly247 Win User

Downloaded a game, how do multiple accounts play game?

Your console must be set as "homeconsole" in the settings menu, then all accounts logged in on your box should be able to play it.
  5. gmb 2 bad 4 u Win User

This worked, thanks.

Follow up, now that this is set do we all share a Gold account or do I still have to have one for each kid?
  6. BobMcFly247 Win User

You all may share the same gold account of the adult. Important is, that the adult needs to hold the gold subscription.
Thema:

1. How to play purchased game on multiple accounts? - Similar Threads - play purchased game

2. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  3. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  4. Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...: Please help. I own cod Cold War. Suddenly when I try to play it says I have to buy the game. When I go to store it says I own it. I tried re installing , switching accounts, hard resets. Nothing....
  5. Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?: I bought the game but it says I need gamepass to play it. 172de818-b765-4a18-bdf1-b87fc0e89476
  6. I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.: I can't play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass even though I own the Minecraft bedrock base game. Xbox store says "Minecraft Preview is only available to players who own Minecraft."...
  7. Can I refund an accidental purchase for a game I've already played on game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I refund an accidental purchase for a game I've already played on game pass?: I just purchased minecraft on the store rather than renewing my game pass thinking that I would be able to play online with my friends without the game pass subscription, and I would have the...
  8. Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...: On my Xbox it says network connection good but Xbox service are having issues and been like that for a few days and I get kicked out of games and lag sometimes I've restarted my console removed my...
  9. Would like to purchase Tachyon: The Fringe on my Steam account and play the game on windows...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Would like to purchase Tachyon: The Fringe on my Steam account and play the game on windows...: Hello, I would like to purchase Tachyon: The Fringe on my Steam account and play the game, however I have a new computer from last year with windows 11 Home. I am not a computer Wiz so would...
  10. My recently purchased games on XBox App on Windows 10 will not play my games,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My recently purchased games on XBox App on Windows 10 will not play my games,: I recently purchased Atomic Heart and Starfield while my PS5 is in the shop for repairs. I bought them both on the XBox app on PC (Windows 10). when I go to play them, I am continually given the...