How to play old games on XBOX Series S (disc versions)

Discus and support How to play old games on XBOX Series S (disc versions) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! Short question: I want to pre-order a XBOX Series S, this console does not provide an optical drive. I do have a lot of old disc based games (e.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Joesn666, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Joesn666
    Joesn666 Guest

Hi!

Short question:

I want to pre-order a XBOX Series S, this console does not provide an optical drive. I do have a lot of old disc based games (e. g. Dead Space 2 or Assassins Creed Odyssy). How am I able to play these games on Series S?

Thanks a lot!

:)

Joesn666, Sep 23, 2020
  2. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Xbox one transfer games to Xbox series S issue

Unfortunately, you can't play the games disc version on the Xbox Series S since it doesn't support physical disc-based media. Otherwise you will need to purchase the digital version of Forza horizon 4 to play it on the Xbox Series S.
  3. The Kleaner Win User

Xbox Game Disc-to-Digital Availability

This is an incorrect assumption. You can insert an xbox one disc and download updates that may improve visuals and frame rates on Xbox Series X/S but in order to play you still need the disc unless you own the digital version of it.

Xbox Series X will utilize the Xbox One X version of enhancements while Xbox series S will use the Xbox One S enhancements.

You will not get a free game by borrowing or renting a physical version of a game and installing it on Xbox Series X/S.
  4. JamieWill Win User

Hello Xbox community, this is about Xbox series x/s versions of games!

Because on my Xbox series x, it only shows 'Optimized for series x/s' but if a xbox series x version of a game is NOT 'optimized' how would i know if I'm playing a series x/s version of a game?
  5. Joesn666 Win User

Alrighty then...thanks for your answer.

And thanks for the next hours thinking about how I should proceed now :).
  6. dempup Win User

Unfortunately yes. Or go for the Series X instead, if you still want an optical drive.

You can still use your Account on both consoles and use your Witcher 3 digital purchase on the Series S. CD Project Red has even announced that there will be a free update for Series S/X for current Witcher 3 owners, to utilize the power of your new system,
    like raytracing and faster load times.
Thema:

1. How to play old games on XBOX Series S (disc versions) - Similar Threads - play old games

2. is there a way to refund an old game i don’t play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is there a way to refund an old game i don’t play: i just really want a refund as the game was 27 pounds and i didnt expect the game to be so bad. and i also previously tried to refund it but it was denied and now i’m gutted i’m down 27 pounds and...
  3. I want to play an X/S game but my friends have the old gen version can we play together or no?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to play an X/S game but my friends have the old gen version can we play together or no?: I have battlefield 2042 but its the X/S version and everyone i want to play with has the xbox one version can we play together or is it not possible eb8efcd9-f01f-4323-a6b2-eefd861a3bd5
  4. Xbox 360 account to play old games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 account to play old games: I have signed my son in on my Xbox series s he wants to play Skate 3 which is an Xbox 360 game we downloaded but he never had an Xbox 360 account, so I cant sign him in to be able to save progress...
  5. why am i not able to play digitally purchased games bought from my old xbox to my new

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why am i not able to play digitally purchased games bought from my old xbox to my new: i have previously purchased tom clancys rainbow six seige on my old gen xbox but after buying a new gen xbox and trying to play it, it is saying that i dont own this game. this has also happened...
  6. Can really any old gen game be played on series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can really any old gen game be played on series x?: For instance, I want to play NCAA 14 on it 3b169c55-7fed-4be2-9198-4d5507b0fe27
  7. I can't download any game that is MA15+ on EA play despite being old enough

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download any game that is MA15+ on EA play despite being old enough: Anything below MA15+ I can download, but every time I try I get a message saying 'you are not eligible to play this game.' However my birthdate is set in 2005 so it should work fine but for some...
  8. Unable to play old Xbox One game Toy Soldiers War Chest

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play old Xbox One game Toy Soldiers War Chest: I have Xbox one x. I wanted to play my old game Toy Soldiers War Chest. I have Xbox one X and game Disc. Game starts shows intro and comes to Menu screen but after that am unable to select any...
  9. Can I Play Old Xbox Game Ninja Gaiden (NTSC J) on Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I Play Old Xbox Game Ninja Gaiden (NTSC J) on Xbox One?: I want to buy xbox 1st gen ninja gaiden ntsc j to play on my xbox one x but i need to knoe does xbox one x support this game disc? Thanks e618e8f6-a897-422b-ad04-75ef8977cd1d
  10. Xbox One does not recognize my 3D tv when I try to play old 360 3D game, but will play DVD...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One does not recognize my 3D tv when I try to play old 360 3D game, but will play DVD...: My Xbox 360 died, so I bought a new Xbox One. It plays the old 360 games in normal mode, but when I try to switch on the 3D mode, it says it has detected that my tv is NOT a 3D tv, and will not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. howto play old disc games on xbox series s

2. playing old games on xbox series s

3. how to play xbox disc series s

4. how to get my disc games on xbox series s