How to Play my own music? onedrive and xbox music dont work

Discus and support How to Play my own music? onedrive and xbox music dont work in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How am i supposed to play music that I already own? My xbox one wont show the music on my onedrive and xbox music will only work if i stream it to my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by danrocks4ever1, Feb 28, 2015.

1. How to Play my own music? onedrive and xbox music dont work

How am i supposed to play music that I already own? My xbox one wont show the music on my onedrive and xbox music will only work if i stream it to my xbox and that is soo annoying because I have to control it on my laptop. Also how is there no way to play
    music while playing a game without using snap??? Microsoft cant even implement the simplest of features..

:)

danrocks4ever1, Feb 28, 2015
  2. Back Ground Music coming Aug 2

no, thats not how it works. you can play music from the xbox groove app on your console. But instead of having to snapp it to the side, you can completely hide it in the"background" and still listen to your groove music while playing a game. I think you should also be able to add you own music files to Onedrive and then access that through groove.

UltimateBerzerkStyle, Feb 28, 2015
  3. InDaHeezy
    InDaHeezy Guest
    Upload your own music to Xbox One - OneDrive + Xbox Music

https://music.xbox.com/Onedrive

Add your MP3s to OneDriveso you can play them on your PC, phone, and Xbox.

How to Play my own music? onedrive and xbox music dont work [​IMG]

Open your OneDrive Music folder from the webor via the OneDrive app.

Upload your favorite MP3s from your hard drive to the OneDrive Music folder.

Sign into the Xbox Music application on your PC, Windows Phone, Xbox or the web with the same Microsoft Account you used in OneDrive. Your OneDrive music files will now be listed as songs in your collection, free to play wherever you go!

Note: if you are still not seeing your files, please make sure you have accepted the Xbox Terms of Use here.

Frequently Asked Questions
    Who can add their music to OneDrive?
    Anyone with a Microsoft account in select regions* can add music to OneDrive and play it on Xbox Music. To use this feature, make sure you’ve accepted the Xbox Terms of Use by signing in to xbox.com
    Do I need a music pass subscription to play music from OneDrive?
    No. You don’t need a music pass subscription to play your music from OneDrive, it’s free!
    How do I add my music to OneDrive?
    The easiest way to upload is with the OneDrive app. Just add your favorite files to your Music folder, and they'll appear in your Xbox Music Collection shortly after.
    What file formats are supported?
    You can add music files in MP3, M4A (AAC), and WMA formats.
    Which devices can I use to playback OneDrive content?
    You can play OneDrive music on the following devices:
    • Windows 8.1 computer or tablet
    • Windows Phone 8.1 (using the Music app)
    • Xbox One or Xbox 360 console
    • Through a web browser on the Xbox Music website
    Notes:
    • This OneDrive functionality is not available on Windows 8. You’ll have to upgrade to Windows 8.1 to get the latest version of the Music app from the Store.
    • iOS and Android devices are not supported. If you have an Xbox Music Pass and use iOS or Android, OneDrive content will not show up. (This won’t interfere with playing music through your other devices).
    Can I add OneDrive content in playlists?
    Yes. OneDrive content can be added to playlists.
    Can I download music from OneDrive?
    Yes. You can make the music from OneDrive available offline on your Windows 8.1 phone, PC or tablet. You can also download music files directly from your Music folder on OneDrive.
    How can I stop my music on OneDrive from appearing in my Xbox Music collection?
    Only songs in your Music folder on OneDrive are added to your collection. All music on OneDrive saved in a different folder location will not be added to your Xbox Music collection.
    Will I get extra storage space to save my music to OneDrive?
    If you are a Music Pass subscriber, you'll get 100 GB of additional storage in OneDrive to save all the music you love.
    Is there a limit to the number of files that will surface in my collection?
    You can currently add up to 50,000 songs to your collection.
    What happens when I remove OneDrive songs from my Xbox Music collection?
    Removing OneDrive songs from your collection will also delete the files on OneDrive. The files will be moved to your OneDrive recycle bin.
    How can I see OneDrive content on my Windows Phone?
    Make sure you’ve accepted the Xbox Terms of Use by signing in to xbox.com, then open the Music app on your Windows Phone. Your OneDrive songs should be listed in your collection shortly after.

Not sure if this was ever posted. If so, slap me around and delete...

InDaHeezy, Feb 28, 2015
  4. How to Play my own music? onedrive and xbox music dont work

I would also like to see some response to this post, as I have posted a similar topic on here (Media Player App Issues) and had no feedback.

What is MS's official stance on music playback? WIll the music app get improvements? Why on earth would I want to use my laptop to stream music to my xbox one which should have more than enough power to play music and use other apps at the same time, my
    phone can do that and it is several years old.

To me, there is absolutely no excuse for this and yet it feels like everyone is so bored of hearing about it they just brush it under the carpet and find a way around it - but I didn't buy an Xbone to find ways around things. I bought it to do everything
    from 1 machine!

ExploitedZebra, Mar 5, 2015
  5. DanRocks - have XBox Support made any contact at all with you over this?

I am beginning to think there is no point in using this forum, and am quite disappointed that the official XBox Support page is giving users next to no support.

ExploitedZebra, Nov 1, 2018
  6. ExploitedZebra Win User

DanRocks - have XBox Support made any contact at all with you over this?

I am beginning to think there is no point in using this forum, and am quite disappointed that the official XBox Support page is giving users next to no support.
  7. ExploitedZebra Win User

I would also like to see some response to this post, as I have posted a similar topic on here (Media Player App Issues) and had no feedback.

What is MS's official stance on music playback? WIll the music app get improvements? Why on earth would I want to use my laptop to stream music to my xbox one which should have more than enough power to play music and use other apps at the same time, my
    phone can do that and it is several years old.

To me, there is absolutely no excuse for this and yet it feels like everyone is so bored of hearing about it they just brush it under the carpet and find a way around it - but I didn't buy an Xbone to find ways around things. I bought it to do everything
    from 1 machine!
  8. XBF George L Win User

Groove no longer supports onedrive music, How am i going to listen to tracks that arent in spotify or other apps? :(

Hello eliudivan

Thanks for coming to us on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having issues using the Groove App with your Onedrive music no longer playing. Here check out this link for more information such as what's listed below:

Groove Music OneDrive Streaming: FAQ

What will happen to my music?

Music stored in your OneDrive will stop syncing with Groove Music on March 31, 2019. Data stored in the Groove Music service will be deleted up to 30 days after that. Your music will still be available in OneDrive and your downloaded music
    and playlists will still be available in the Groove Music app.

How can I play my OneDrive music on my Windows device?
  9. StuartATrueRed Win User

Groove music on Xbox one console

To play your music on groove, you need to upload your music to the OneDrive cloud service, and then start groove. It should find the music from your OneDrive, and then you should be able to play it.
  10. PedroFrizzo Win User

OneDrive music won't sync to Windows phone

Please be sure you did all theses steps below:

- Be sure to upload the music content you want at the specific ''music'' folder at OneDrive

- Sign in at Groove Music/Xbox Music with the same account that has the uploaded songs on OneDrive

For More info follow this link:

unistorefd.www.microsoft.com/.../onedrive

Glad to Help.
Thema:

1. How to Play my own music? onedrive and xbox music dont work - Similar Threads - Play own music

2. I own a game and it wont let me play because i don't have game pass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I own a game and it wont let me play because i don't have game pass?: I own Halo mater chief collection but i cant play it because i don't have a game pass subscription. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I bought the game fare and square why cant i play it...
  3. Can 2 people play the same game at the same time if they both own it but they have game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can 2 people play the same game at the same time if they both own it but they have game...: My friends Xbox live ran out so I want to game share with her so she can play online what I’m wondering is can we both play the same game at the same time I’ve came across this before but it was...
  4. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  5. Xcloud WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME...

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME...: WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME ANYWHERE??? WHY IS THIS NOT AVAILABLE??? submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Ring638 [link] [comments]
  6. I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.

in XboX Insiders
    I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.: thats because theepicgamer464 bought it, and they are accounts on the same console but I want to rate, Xbox please add you can rate that you played. pls! Plz! Plsz! Plzs! submitted by...
  7. Any way to play music I own (not from a streaming service) on Xbox Series S or X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Any way to play music I own (not from a streaming service) on Xbox Series S or X?: I have my Xbox Series X in our game room connected to an AVR (tuner/amp) and on the same LAN as my Windows 11 PC, which is set up as a DLNA media server (music is accessible to other...
  8. Play your own music using the new background music feature

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Play your own music using the new background music feature: So today an app called simple background music was released and this lets you use a usb drive for music playback. which is what the 360 could do but better. To find it go to the apps section and...
  9. Play My Own Music Over Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Play My Own Music Over Games: At launch, the Xbox 360 was able to stream music wirelessly from PCs to substitute games' soundtracks. This was one of the best features of that console. Here we are, nine years later, with a...
  10. Xbox 360s "play your own music anytime" enhances my gaming experience :)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360s "play your own music anytime" enhances my gaming experience :): .......... Hello everyone :) I would like to share the music that I listen to when gaming that enhances my experience & I'm curious to see what others listen to. With that being said, I hope...