How to Play Far Cry 3 (360) Split Screen on Series S?

Discus and support How to Play Far Cry 3 (360) Split Screen on Series S? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm getting a hard time trying to activate split screen and I don't even know if there's such an option for this game on Series S. According... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mayob, Aug 27, 2023.

1. mayob
    mayob Guest

Hello,

I'm getting a hard time trying to activate split screen and I don't even know if there's such an option for this game on Series S.

According to the word on the internet, you should create a guest account and sign in to that when the game is open. Basically, you need to get online with two accounts at the same time but when I try to sign in with the guest account, Xbox Live gives me an error message and the game takes me to the main menu immediately.

Could you please confirm if the game has a split screen option?

Thanks.

:)

mayob, Aug 27, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello mayob,

We appreciate you for sharing this with us and welcome to the Xbox Forums.

We understand you are having a hard time paying Far Cry 3 (360) split screen on your Xbox Series S. Let's go ahead and check together to sort this out in a timely manner.

Regarding your question, Far Cry 3 (360) does have a split-screen option, but it is only available for the Xbox 360 version of the game. Unfortunately, the Xbox Series S does not support split-screen for backward compatible games. You may consider reaching out to the developers to check if there are options that they can suggest about this.

On the other hand, you can still play the game with a friend online. You can invite your friend to a co-op game session by selecting "Invite Friends" from the main menu. Your friend will need to have their own Xbox Live account and a copy of the game.

You may also want to give it a shot and perform the following steps, it's a worth the shot:

• Ensure both accounts are signed in: Make sure both your main account and the guest account are signed in before you start the game.
    • Check your Xbox Live connection: If you are receiving an error message from Xbox Live when trying to sign in with the guest account, there might be an issue with your network connection. Try resetting your router or checking your network settings.
    • Update your console and game: Make sure both your Xbox Series S console and Far Cry 3 game are updated to the latest version. Updates often include bug fixes that might resolves the issue.

Regarding the error message you received when trying to sign in with the guest account, it's possible that the account may not have the necessary permissions to access Xbox Live. I recommend checking the account settings and ensuring that it has the appropriate permissions. To do that, you can check this link https://account.xbox.com/settings from here kindly make sure that everything is set up as allowed.

I hope this information helps! If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello mayob,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. Panno92 Win User

Far Cry 5

Translation:

How to play Far Cry 5 in online cooperative mode on the same console?

---------

Answer:

Hi, unfortunately Far Cry 5 does not support the local split screen multiplayer, therefore you cannot play a cooperative campaign on the same console with a friend... The only way to play co-op is to make an online multyplayer party with two different consoles
    / account
  5. III Logical III Win User

Splitscreen question

Hey there,

As far as I know, that's how split screen is in every game.

The graphics get lowered when playing split screen.

I may self get angry sometimes when I play split screen.
  6. Dr Slaphead Win User

Far Cry Classic out Q3 this year

Thema:

1. How to Play Far Cry 3 (360) Split Screen on Series S? - Similar Threads - Play Far Cry

2. How do i play Fallout 4 DLC (Far Harbor, Nuka World) on xcloud? I dont have any Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i play Fallout 4 DLC (Far Harbor, Nuka World) on xcloud? I dont have any Xbox...: Hi. I bought game pass ultimate only to play xcloud on mac. How do i play Fallout 4 DLC (Far Harbor, Nuka World) on xcloud? I dont have any Xbox console or PC, only Mac & Xcloud....
  3. All I want to do is play Far cry 5 with an Xbox linked account so I can play Co-op with my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All I want to do is play Far cry 5 with an Xbox linked account so I can play Co-op with my...: If the games I get with Game Pass are unplayable until I get game pass again or purchases the game why are some games on Game pass unable to be purchased through Microsoft on PC. All I want to do...
  4. how to play Far cry 5 using steelseries stratus duo controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to play Far cry 5 using steelseries stratus duo controller: I can't play Far cry 5 using SteelSeries stratus duo controller, the controller works with other games in the Xbox game pass, but I can't seem to use my controller to play Far Cry 5....
  5. Stuck at "Logging In" when trying to play a Xbox 360 game (Far Cry 3) on my Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stuck at "Logging In" when trying to play a Xbox 360 game (Far Cry 3) on my Xbox One: Recently bought Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360 version) from the store. As it displayed in the description, Xbox One comes under compatible systems. After installing the game, I launched the game and upon...
  6. How far can Xbox remote play reach?

in XBoX on Mobile
    How far can Xbox remote play reach?: I recently went on vacation and I was wondering, how far can the Xbox remote play feature reach in miles? 453d474d-c90f-4bf6-a787-93f56e779028
  7. Can I and my friend play Far Cry 4 online together on Xbox 360 and Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I and my friend play Far Cry 4 online together on Xbox 360 and Xbox One?: I play Far Cry 4 on the Xbox 360 and my friend on the Xbox one, but I can't invite him and he can't invite me, so I wanted to ask if you can play Far Cry 4 on the Xbox 360 and Xbox one together...
  8. Can my partner and I play Far Cry 5 together on the same xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can my partner and I play Far Cry 5 together on the same xbox one?: I have Gold Live and Game Pass. He has a gamertag and I do too. If I buy this game can we both play at the sametime on the same xbox one? Also I am confused as to what co op and multiplayer really...
  9. Far Cry 5 on Play Anywhere?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Far Cry 5 on Play Anywhere?: Hi, in really curious as to if and or when Far Cry 5 will be a "Play Anywhere" game as quite often I am away from my home for work, but do love my gaming and can only expect this will be a game I...
  10. I bought far cry 4 on the Xbox one and when i try to play it it will not start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought far cry 4 on the Xbox one and when i try to play it it will not start: I've tried everything to try to start the game but nothing is working 5239ecff-e572-4150-8b97-193b715b054b