How to pair controller to Xcloud gaming on a MacBook Air?

Discus and support How to pair controller to Xcloud gaming on a MacBook Air? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have a MacBook Air and am using Safari. I can't find a way to pair my controller to play. I don't see any options on screen and I turned bluetooth on... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/krazykaiks, May 5, 2021.

1. How to pair controller to Xcloud gaming on a MacBook Air?

I have a MacBook Air and am using Safari. I can't find a way to pair my controller to play. I don't see any options on screen and I turned bluetooth on but doesn't seem to recognize the controller.

submitted by /u/krazykaiks
    [link] [comments]

/u/krazykaiks, May 5, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

The Macbook air

Hi,

If you're intending to play games on a computer don't buy a Apple laptop and certainly don't be a Chromebook.

Apple don't make great machines for gamers, and the latest mac's use the new 'Apple M1' which is an ARM based processor. These are quick and efficient in productivity, but not meant for games. The latest Apple M1 Chip systems can't run Windows and consequently won't run PC games.

Chromebooks are meant for 'light computing' tasks and productivity. Gaming is pretty basic with only mobile or tablet based games on offer. Also Chromebook is meant to be continuously online, most apps won't work without the device being connected to the internet.

If you want to play real PC games you need a gaming PC. I wouldn't go with a 'Gaming laptop' unless you intend to go places with it. Get a proper desktop/tower gaming PC. Or build one yourself. I built my own gaming PC.
  3. Cheese Rations Win User

Controller lag in cloud gaming

This is one of the major issues with xCloud that I hope are fixed before it is out of beta. This likely has nothing to do with your controller, but is instead just something you have to deal with when playing over a wireless connection.

I have the same input lag you’re experiencing on my iPad Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max, but do not have this issue when I play on my M1 MacBook Air that is connected to the internet through a wired connection.

Since xCloud is being heavily advertised for use on mobile devices, let’s hope Microsoft is able to fix this quickly. We’re still in a beta period here.
  4. TommasoAvati Win User

Controller lag in cloud gaming

This is one of the major issues with xCloud that I hope are fixed before it is out of beta. This likely has nothing to do with your controller, but is instead just something you have to deal with when playing over a wireless connection.

I have the same input lag you’re experiencing on my iPad Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max, but do not have this issue when I play on my M1 MacBook Air that is connected to the internet through a wired connection.

Since xCloud is being heavily advertised for use on mobile devices, let’s hope Microsoft is able to fix this quickly. We’re still in a beta period here.
    ok, thanks!
  5. Maximiliano Rivas Win User

Xbox page redirecting me back and not letting me sign in

Hi, thanks for responding. It is with my MacBook Air
  6. sandy the hippy Win User

Download Xbox Games Onto My Computer?

While in principle it's possible if you have windows installed on the MacBook air using the likes of boot camp, the practical reality is that it's not going to come close to playable with the available processing power/gpu that the MacBook air has, especially
    for the more recent aaa titles
Thema:

How to pair controller to Xcloud gaming on a MacBook Air?

1. How to pair controller to Xcloud gaming on a MacBook Air? - Similar Threads - pair controller Xcloud

2. Hdmi not working after trying to pair a controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi not working after trying to pair a controller.: So after 3 systems having hdmi issues i still decided to stay with xbox for whatever dumb reason. Regardless i got this one fixed awhile ago and it was working fine until a month ago 4k stopped...
  3. Xbox controller won't enter pairing mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controller won't enter pairing mode: hello! so ive been trying to connect my xbox controller to my ipad for an hour now and it just won't connect. it flashes for a split second before the controller just turns off. does anyone know...
  4. xbox one controller pairing issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller pairing issue: We recently helped our daughter move from college to back home for the summer. During the move, her (original) xbox one somehow lost its left side panel (pic) where the pairing button is. We are...
  5. My xbox elite series 2 core controller is not getting into Bluetooth pairing mode. What...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite series 2 core controller is not getting into Bluetooth pairing mode. What...: I purchased a new xbox elite series 2 core controller. Yesterday I tried connecting it to my pc via Bluetooth but controller is not going into pairing mode (holding pairing button for 3 seconds)....
  6. Xbox X controller no longer pairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X controller no longer pairs.: My Xbox ONE X controller no longer pairs to my console. It seems to be since it updated 14/04. I have tried all troubleshooting suggested and still doesn't work. It's not interference as was fine...
  7. I need help pairing my xbox one controller

in XboX Insiders
    I need help pairing my xbox one controller: So I have an Xbox 1 with 200 games on it that are very legendary and I hold dear to my heart. I stop playing my Xbox 1 and return from my Xbox Series S. Now I've want to replay the games but my...
  8. Xbox controller wont pair to pc via micro usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller wont pair to pc via micro usb: My xbox one controller wont pair to my pc properly when I connect the end and front of the micro usb to the controller and the pc I have to hold the guide button to turn it on and it pairs to my...
  9. Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement: I'm having problems connecting my xbox controller to my PC since I replaced my MOBA, the last one was a B350 and I buyed an bluetooth adapter Realtek 5.0 to connect my Xbox Controller to it, after...
  10. Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode: I hold the sync button either constantly or for 3 seconds like most tutorials suggest but it just blinks for around 10 seconds and returns to the solid glow without ever appearing in my MacBook’s...