How to move the Gamertag from my Microsoft account to my adult son's account

Discus and support How to move the Gamertag from my Microsoft account to my adult son's account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We have an xBox One and my son has been using my account/gamertag for some time. With his recent birthday, I would like to transition him from my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CurtRiggle, Nov 23, 2020.

1. CurtRiggle
    CurtRiggle Guest

We have an xBox One and my son has been using my account/gamertag for some time. With his recent birthday, I would like to transition him from my account to his own. He has a current account connected to our Family account. I am hoping that the transfer
    can be done and that there is a way to ensure that once the gamertag is transferred to his account, he will still be able to access all the games and subscriptions, game progress and accomplishments, and in game purchases.

I've seen answers to similar questions but have also seen comments regarding changes to software and policies that seem to indicate that past answers may no longer be valid. Please help...

:)

CurtRiggle, Nov 23, 2020
  2. [Farscape] Win User

this cannot be done, the only option is make a new account and set your account as the home one for the console so he can still play the digital games and use live.

they cannot and will not transfer account, the xbox account IS the microsoft account they are one in the same.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Setting a microsoft account Password for specific things?

My son has his own account, which is connected to my email...and my other email is strictly work
    It sounds as tho the account, son's (gamertag) setup on the XBox is an adult account using your email assigned to your Microsoft account.

What needs to happen is an adult xbox account (think gamertag) needs to be setup with your adult email used for Microsoft account and then use the family setup and make your childs gamertag on the XBox a child account not an adult account.
  4. mikey_748 Win User

Moving gamertag to different account

It sounds like that account is set up as an adult account. Adult accounts cannot changed to a child account. Your only option is to create a new child account for your son. he will lose progress, as he will have to start his games again on his new
    account.

My account which his gamertag is set up on is an adult account. Surely there must be a way of moving Gamertags between accounts?!? I've set up a child account for him but just need to move his gamertag.

Creating a new gamertag or losing the progress on his current one is really not an option.....
  5. abrasiveJustin Win User

Why cant I transfer my Xbox account or change email?

SAME SITUATION

I created a XBOX LIVE account for my son over a decade ago. I used my work email address when I created the gamertag. Back then Microsoft's services were not lumped under one login (that didn't even exist). When Microsoft deployed their one login system they
    merged my son's Xbox Live account into my work Microsoft account.

Now my son is an adult. We need to transfer HIS Xbox Live gamertag to HIS Microsoft account.

This is idiotic.
  6. BriceMcMillan Win User

Xbox gold & Live

Thema:

1. How to move the Gamertag from my Microsoft account to my adult son's account - Similar Threads - move Gamertag Microsoft

2. Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?: Bit of a long post here, but my patience has worn a bit thin on this issue. So I have a gamertag from years before Microsoft Accounts even became a thing, but it's stuck on an email I've never...
  3. Moving Gamertag from an old Microsoft Account to A New One

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving Gamertag from an old Microsoft Account to A New One: XBox 360 The email account associated with my Gamertag no longer exists and don’t have access to. But I do have the password. I’m attempting to move my account on my 360 system from the old...
  4. How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?: My Main Xbox Live Gamertag is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Microsoft Account. My Main Microsoft Account is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Xbox Live Gamertag. I...
  5. Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS...: I am trying to move my sons gamertag to his own Email account / microsoft account and I see no way to do it. He has an xbox one. Must be a simple thing to do i.e. change an email to something...
  6. Move gamertag I use to microsoft account I use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move gamertag I use to microsoft account I use: I have a Microsoft account which I use for everything, but I accidentally set up a new gamertag on it, this gamertag is unused I would ideally like to delete it. My actual gamertag is connected...
  7. Can you move Gamertag from 1 microsoft account to another?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you move Gamertag from 1 microsoft account to another?: When my son first started playing XBox I set up a Microsoft account for him, and he's been using that with his Gamertag for a few years. E.g. this is with email: "*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...
  8. Trying to move gamertag to my new microsoft account but new account has randomly generated...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to move gamertag to my new microsoft account but new account has randomly generated...: Hey all, I had a certain gamertag that I used back when I played xbox360. With Halo coming to pc, I was trying to allocate my gamertag to my microsoft account, but it is currently locked to my old...
  9. Add ability to move Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Add ability to move Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account.: I know this has been asked and asked again. I'm hoping this continues to get attention though. Currently I have my Gamertag tied to one Microsoft Account (MSA) and not the one I use. I would...
  10. When will we be able to move gamertag content to another Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    When will we be able to move gamertag content to another Microsoft account?: It's not unusual to have XBOX gamertag content associated with 1 msft account and a Windows 10/outlook account with another. When will one be able to move a gamertag to another MSFT account?...