How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?

Discus and support How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My Main Xbox Live Gamertag is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Microsoft Account. My Main Microsoft Account is currently associated to a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BF343, Dec 12, 2021.

1. BF343
    BF343 Guest

My Main Xbox Live Gamertag is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Microsoft Account. My Main Microsoft Account is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Xbox Live Gamertag. I would like to move my Main Xbox Live Gamertag to my Main Microsoft Account. I don't really care what happens to the secondary accounts. If there is a way to do this on PC, then I'm not seeing it. I also have an old Xbox 360 that I could use if needed.

:)

BF343, Dec 12, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Moving the gamertag from one account to another isn't possible. However, you can try adding one email to the other account as an alias. See details on that here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Hope this helps
  3. WPAK Win User

change email

Hi there,

to be able to move the gamertag on your email account to his windows live id, you will first need to remove the 'other' gamertag on his live id (Microsoft Account).

This link describes on how to move a xbox live account, from one email (Microsoft Account) to another, it also contains steps when there is already a dofferent xbox live account present:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

-

In short:

1. Download the 'other' gamertagto the console

2. Wait 30 days (A profile needs to be at least 30 days on a console, before it can be moved)

3. Move the 'other' gamertag (xbox live account) to a different Microsoft Account (email). This will free up his windows live id (Microsoft account)

4. Move the xbox live account on your email (MIcrosoft Account), to his live id (MIcrosoft Account)

-

That should be it, if there are any questions let us know
  4. WPAK Win User

Email issues

Hi there,

-

you can NOT delete a xbox live account, you can only move it to a different Microsoft Account.

So you will need to move that unwanted xbox live account to a new (temporary) Microsoft Account and after that you will be able to move your GT (xbox live account) to that Microsoft Account.

Be aware that you can only move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft Acocunt when it has been on a console for at least 30 days, without it being downloaded.

This link explains on how to move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft Account:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account
  5. HyruleBalverine Win User

Can't change XBL Email

If you want to move the existing profile (Let's call that A), you will have to move the profile associated with the e-mail you want (let's call it B) to another e-mail (let's call that C) so that the current one (A) gets moved to e-mail B.

•If you try to switch your Xbox LIVE gamertag (or Xbox Music tag) from one Microsoft account to a different Microsoft account that's already linked to another Xbox LIVE gamertag, you'll get the following error message:

The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account.

Before you can switch your gamertag in this case, you must first remove the existing gamertag from the Microsoft account you want to use. Here's how:

1.Consider the following scenario:

◦Gamertag A is linked to Microsoft account 1.

◦Gamertag B is linked to Microsoft account 2.

In this scenario, your gamertag is Gamertag B, and you want to move it to Microsoft account 1.

2.At accounts.live.com, create a new Microsoft account. You'll only need this account as a temporary means of moving your gamertags.

Example:

◦Gamertag A is linked to Microsoft account 1.

◦Gamertag B is linked to Microsoft account 2.

◦Microsoft account 3 is free.

3.Switch the gamertag that's linked to the Microsoft account that you want to use to the Microsoft account that you created in Step 3.

Example:

◦Microsoft account 1 is now free.

◦Gamertag B remains linked to Microsoft account 2.

◦Gamertag A is now linked to Microsoft account 3.

4.Switch your gamertag to the Microsoft account that you want to use.

Example:

◦Gamertag B is now linked to Microsoft account 1.

◦Microsoft account 2 is now free.

◦Gamertag A remains linked to Microsoft account 3.

5.To complete the switch of gamertags between the two original Microsoft accounts, you must wait 30 days. After 30 days, switch Gamertag A from Microsoft account 3 to Microsoft account 2.

Example:

◦Gamertag B remains linked to Microsoft account 1.

◦Gamertag A is now linked to Microsoft account 2.

◦Microsoft account 3 is now free.

6.Cancel the Microsoft account that you created in step 2.

Example:

◦Gamertag B is now linked to Microsoft account 1.

◦Gamertag A remains linked to Microsoft account 3.

◦Microsoft account 3 is cancelled.

•When you change your Microsoft account, your Microsoft Points are automatically transferred to the new Microsoft account.

•You can move a gamertag to a different Microsoft account only once every 30 days.

◦This includes new gamertags downloaded from Xbox LIVE.

◦If you try to move a gamertag before 30 days have passed since the last time you moved it, you’ll get the following error message:

Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now.
  6. Mister Beep Win User

xd gta 5

Hey there xd gta 5!

For clarification, are you trying to merge two existing Xbox Live profiles? Unfortunately there is not a way to merge two different profiles. However, if you would like to move your Xbox Live profile to a different Microsoft Account, you can do so on your
    Xbox 360 console by following the steps on our
    Move Your Gamertag
    support page.

Post back and let us know that helps! :)
Thema:

1. How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account? - Similar Threads - move Live Gamertag

2. it is 2023 almost 2024 and we still cant move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    it is 2023 almost 2024 and we still cant move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft...: tens of thousands of parents created a xbox live account for their children on Christmas day so they could play as soon as possible. nobody at microsoft thought maybe those kids grow up and would...
  3. I downloaded a digital code to live but need it on gamepass. Can i move it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded a digital code to live but need it on gamepass. Can i move it?: I downloaded a digital code to live but need it on gamepass. Can i move it? 2189ec76-5b0e-41be-9ecf-c21e59727685
  4. Move xbox live account to a different gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move xbox live account to a different gamertag: Hi all, When I set up the xbox 360, it was for my son, and I used my email address, as he didn't have one. Now he's got an xbox one, I've been given his old 360 and games. However, when I sign in...
  5. Is it possible to move Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live Gamertag from one MS Account to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to move Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live Gamertag from one MS Account to...: I heard it is not possible to move a gamertag to another Microsoft Account that already has a gamertag. But my question is this, is it not possible to transfer Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live to...
  6. Move XBox Live GamerTag to different Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move XBox Live GamerTag to different Microsoft Account: My son has been using a Xbox Live GamerTag associated with my Microsoft Account. I would like to move this GamerTag (along with the associated game progress, credits, etc.) to his Microsoft...
  7. How can I move my gamertag to an other live ID?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I move my gamertag to an other live ID?: I have buyed a Xbox One S with an installed live ID account and gamertag. There are some games on the gamertag which I want to use with my own live ID. So I want a description what I have to do...
  8. How to move a GamerTag to another Live Account if you don't own an Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to move a GamerTag to another Live Account if you don't own an Xbox 360?: So I have a gamertag tied to a very very old live account/email which is not used anymore. I have another Live account which is tied to my lifelong email that I will probably always use till I...
  9. Move xbox live gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move xbox live gamertag: So, over 10 years ago when xbox live first came out I had to make an xbox live gamertag using a live profile, which I did - only for my Xbox account. Last year, Windows 10 came out and I signed...
  10. Move Gamertag to another live account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move Gamertag to another live account?: Having some issues so not sure if anybody here has a resolution. (The support page for this topic doesn't seem to be centered around XBOX One which is my first and only XBOX I have - Error...