how to move an xbox game to a new account

Discus and support how to move an xbox game to a new account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons and I am wondering if anybody could help me move those games to a new email. I am on PC... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by HarroJH, Nov 9, 2023.

1. HarroJH
    HarroJH Guest

I Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons and I am wondering if anybody could help me move those games to a new email.

I am on PC

:)

HarroJH, Nov 9, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to transfer your Minecraft game or any Xbox game from one Microsoft account to another.

However, if you're requesting to unlink your Minecraft and relink it to a new Microsoft account, you will need to reach out to Mojang Support for further assistance as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this case. You may contact them using the link below:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/request/new?ticket_form_id=360001225811

Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Wolfie McG Win User

Moving games to a new account?

Any of the discs you will be able to just pop in and play, but anything digital will not be able to be moved to another account.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology is used by content providers, such as Xbox Live, to control how digital game and video files are used and distributed. Xbox Live sells and rents DRM-protected videos, games and add-in content that are covered by
    media usage rights that allow specific uses of that content.

When you purchase content, you receive a licence to use that content. The licence has two parts: the system licence and the local licence. The system licence applies to the gamertag that purchases the content, and the local licence applies to the console
    where you first downloaded the content.

Transfer content licences

You can transfer content licences from one console to another once every four months.

If your console was recently repaired, or if you’ve purchased a new console, use the licence transfer option on your console to transfer content licences. Here’s how:

1. On your console, sign in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.
    2. Go to the Settings and then select Account.
    3. Go to Your Billing Options, and then select Licence Transfer.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer the content licences.
    After the licences have been transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licences. This way the content can be used by other profiles on your console and when you’re not connected to Xbox Live.
    This is only for the 360 and does not transfer anything between accounts.
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

Also be aware that any disk games will not transfer game saves over, so you will be starting again from scratch.
  6. BeastBadshah Win User

Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology is used by content providers, such as Xbox Live, to control how digital game and video files are used and distributed. Xbox Live sells and rents DRM-protected videos, games and add-in content that are covered by
    media usage rights that allow specific uses of that content.

When you purchase content, you receive a licence to use that content. The licence has two parts: the system licence and the local licence. The system licence applies to the gamertag that purchases the content, and the local licence applies to the console
    where you first downloaded the content.

Transfer content licences

You can transfer content licences from one console to another once every four months.

If your console was recently repaired, or if you’ve purchased a new console, use the licence transfer option on your console to transfer content licences. Here’s how:

1. On your console, sign in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.
    2. Go to the Settings and then select Account.
    3. Go to Your Billing Options, and then select Licence Transfer.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer the content licences.
    After the licences have been transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licences. This way the content can be used by other profiles on your console and when you’re not connected to Xbox Live.
Thema:

1. how to move an xbox game to a new account - Similar Threads - move game account

2. I bought a game on the Microsoft Xbox Store. Can I claim or move it to my steam account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a game on the Microsoft Xbox Store. Can I claim or move it to my steam account?: I was I big Xbox kid back then, and I now have a suitable pc for gaming. I have bought Enter The Gungeon, one of my favorite games, on my Xbox. And it is purchasable on the Steam store, but I...
  3. Can I move a game that I bought from one account to another? Xbox Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I move a game that I bought from one account to another? Xbox Series S: I'm new using an Xbox Serie S and I already bought some games, but I figgered out that I bought them from my brother's account and not on my own account, and I would to move them to my account, is...
  4. Can i trans (move) my game from my previous hacked account to my new account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can i trans (move) my game from my previous hacked account to my new account?: Like my question above, can i? Like the hacker change all my info then delete my mail in that account. So i create a new account with my same mail in my previous hacked account. I read somewhere...
  5. i purchesd a new game and logged in on a account but i want to move my progress to a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i purchesd a new game and logged in on a account but i want to move my progress to a...: i purchesd a new game and logged in on a account but i want to move my progress to a different account it's all on the same device though 3d0f6787-63a7-464e-aa41-ba5eb05404f3
  6. How to move Game Pass account from old xbox to new

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to move Game Pass account from old xbox to new: I am getting a new xbox x and retiring my old xbox one. I have all my games on an external drive so I assume moving those would be a easy as plugging the drive into the new xbox. I am using the...
  7. Move game to secondary Xbox with different account ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move game to secondary Xbox with different account ?: I just got my Xbox Series X, and now my child of course wants the other xbox in her room. There are a couple of games I bought for her on my xbox. If I sign out from the 'old' xbox, then she is...
  8. Unable to redeem Game Pass code and cannot move Xbox account region.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to redeem Game Pass code and cannot move Xbox account region.: Hello, I am trying to redeem an Xbox Game Pass ultimate code, and I've tried on both Xbox and PC but I keep getting the following error: Change your Microsoft Store regionThe region in which you...
  9. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate move to child account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate move to child account: Hi , I have purchased a Xbox Game Pass Ultimate in my account, but I want to move it to my child's account in order not to login every time in the Xbox Console. How should I do it ? Thanks in...
  10. move one xbox account from one MS email address to another and keep all my game saves and ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    move one xbox account from one MS email address to another and keep all my game saves and ...: I've been told this can not be done. I want to delete and stop using an old hotmail account that is associated to my xbox live account, but first I would like to move my xbox account to my new...