How to maximize airflow on the Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition?

Discus and support How to maximize airflow on the Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This heated up until the point of melting the HDMI port so I have some video issues, but I don't need that addressed right now, I just need to do some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nytryder26, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Nytryder26
    Nytryder26 Guest

This heated up until the point of melting the HDMI port so I have some video issues, but I don't need that addressed right now, I just need to do some thing about the heat.

:)

Nytryder26, Oct 16, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Nytryder26! thank you for your reply.

If your console is already well-ventilated and it's still heating up to the point that its HDMI port has melted, I'd suggest having it serviced. Microsoft no longer offers Out-of-Warranty service options for Xbox One consoles, so I'm afraid you'll need to have a third-party repair your console.

As for the holes you want to make on the console, I do not recommend it, and being completely honest, I don't think they would help with its overheating issues. In this case, the best thing to do would be to have your console serviced.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards.
  3. Nytryder26 Win User

Yes I have, It has the same fan as the ps5 and I was wondering if I could put some holes in the bottom for the fan so it can grab some air and blow it at the hot air to blow the hot air out.
  4. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Nytryder26! I hope your console is working fine now.

Have a lovely day/night, and take care.
  5. Nytryder26 Win User

Thanks, got bestbuy to help me put some holes by the fan so it can breathe.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

The console is already optimized for airflow. Please do not use external fans of any kind as these may actually compromise static pressure inside the console.
Thema:

1. How to maximize airflow on the Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition? - Similar Threads - maximize airflow Project

2. Any way I can get the sales per region for xbox consoles for a thesis project?

in XBoX on Windows
    Any way I can get the sales per region for xbox consoles for a thesis project?: I am at the beginning of a long, extensive thesis project for my doctorate degree. Excited to tie a 20+ year passion into such project, gaming, it would help my progress tremendously if I can...
  3. I want to know what to do if I need an Xbox staff to coordinate a fan project involving...

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to know what to do if I need an Xbox staff to coordinate a fan project involving...: Hi! Here is a a request from Chinese Fans community of "World of Darkness" series. I am a translator from this fan community, my team and I are working on the Chinese localization of the game...
  4. Xbox one project Scorpio crashes on most games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one project Scorpio crashes on most games: I have problems with my Xbox one X project Scorpio, on multiple games it keeps crashing and closing the games, I’ve tried factory restart and reinstalling games, but the problem remains, any idea...
  5. Project cars 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Project cars 2: I had installed project cars 2 for free with gold/game pass...now it's been delisted even thou it's shows installed I cannot play...I bought all dlc packs...is there any way to play the game...I...
  6. Screen no longer projecting and turns off after 10 minutes

in XboX Insiders
    Screen no longer projecting and turns off after 10 minutes: My Xbox One S is no longer projecting a screen to my monitor , and the console turns off after 10 minutes or so, also the sync button is broken, is there anyway I can fix this without having to go...
  7. I want to know what to do if I need an Xbox staff to coordinate a fan project involving...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to know what to do if I need an Xbox staff to coordinate a fan project involving...: Hi! Here is a a request from Chinese Fans community of "World of Darkness" series. I am a translator from this fan community, my team and I are working on the Chinese localization of the game...
  8. Maxim

in XBoX Accessibility
    Maxim: There was a temporary malfunction in the service. Please try again later (0x80a40010) 60a0864d-8b0c-4057-a207-e27242d7d73f
  9. Am I the only one to whom the Maxim app is not working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I the only one to whom the Maxim app is not working?: I keep getting a Server is unavailable error each time I try to open it, clearing the cache or deleting and re installing the app has not worked. 5d317a2b-ee86-4b02-902a-59a8cd2527a2
  10. 360 E Intercoolers or Redirection of Airflow in Confined Spaces?

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 E Intercoolers or Redirection of Airflow in Confined Spaces?: I am in the process of redesigning the room to go along with the upcoming purchase of a PS4 . Where my consoles will be located, there may be a deficit of airflow. For the PS4 I have selected an...