How to manually download save game files from Microsoft Store cloud?

Discus and support How to manually download save game files from Microsoft Store cloud? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'd played some games from Xbox game pass before. Then I bought the games I like on Steam. Now I don't have XGP subscription anymore so I can't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by tungmapu, Jul 24, 2022.

1. tungmapu
    tungmapu Guest

I'd played some games from Xbox game pass before. Then I bought the games I like on Steam. Now I don't have XGP subscription anymore so I can't download apps from the store, but I would like to manually download some of my save game files from the Microsoft store cloud. Is it possible?

:)

tungmapu, Jul 24, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that it's not possible as they're synchronized to your account itself. Also, there are games that do not support cross-progress, for example, Forza if you played it on Xbox App or through the Xbox game pass you will start over if you will play it on Steam.
  3. siraniks Win User

aww this is heart breaking to hear that I lost all my progress in the game, Death Loop ... after uninstalling it for a day to take a break then reinstall it and everything is lost ...

Hey microsoft, listen to your gamers ... it's 2022 already make a system just like Steam where you can do this things automatically with any system that game developers use ... rather than only those games that do not support cross-progress or to whatever you call like that ... it saddens me that I got nothing and my efforts were wasted after first playthrough ... :(
  4. Francia J. Win User

I’m sorry but there is no way for us to access our cloud save.
  5. tungmapu Win User

I don't know about Forza, but I'm pretty sure games which I'm looking for save files don't have cross-platform saves but still can be transferred to steam, for example, https://youtu.be/w0r_g_gxt0o

I just thought if my save files were on Cloud (specifically One Drive, but hidden), I could download it myself without having to install xbox apps. There must be a way.
  6. tungmapu Win User

Get save file from Cloud without installing the game again?

Ok... I have 1 more questions.

Sometimes I play Microsoft store version after Steam version, saved files were ported automatically but not vice versa.

How about a way to connect Microsoft store to Steam, so that when I play on Steam, Microsoft understanding i can choose whether to use files from their cloud not steam cloud, and can download it manually by using "Manage games and apps"?

Or just understanding I have a copyrighted of the game from somewhere else not only Steam but also Origins, Epic games etc... and don't need to buy the game again, and share saved files together as well as game version.
Thema:

1. How to manually download save game files from Microsoft Store cloud? - Similar Threads - manually download save

2. Xbox Series X: Manual Controller Shutdown Affecting Download Speed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X: Manual Controller Shutdown Affecting Download Speed: Hey everyone, I’ve noticed an interesting issue with my Xbox Series X. Whenever I manually turn off my controller, it seems to affect the download speed on my console. Has anyone else...
  3. Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2: Hi, I would need to download the pdf version of the user manual of Kinect V2, but it looks like it's missing from the Microsoft website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks /D...
  4. How to get a manual refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get a manual refund?: My son used the wrong card to purchase vc for his build on 2k24 due to the Xbox menu being delayed and slow responsiveness… So I tried to refund it a hour later as I returned home but the bot...
  5. Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually: Xbox series X and my iphone are on the same network, xbox is set to instant on but the phone app will not connect (to use remote control or to use remote play) unless i turn the xbox on manually,...
  6. Is there any real or manual way a support representative can help me get into my account ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any real or manual way a support representative can help me get into my account ?: I have contacted Microsoft support and no one has been able to help me get into my account. Everytime I do the account recover or reinstatement it sais that information is wrong . I made the...
  7. Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox: I have an xbox series x, one x, and original S on my network. I can only remote play to these devices if I manually power them on from standby. They are set to standby sleep, NOT power down. I've...
  8. Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it.: Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it. It is listed under purchases as 075 flight sim credits in my account but cannot find how to view or download the manual....
  9. Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?: Hey so I have a big problem. I had accidentally deleted my email account that is linked to my xbox account. I tried really hard to recover this account but I am truly unable to, and google is not...
  10. 360 version manual identical for X One Bundle download version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 version manual identical for X One Bundle download version?: Hi all! I have the 360 disc version GotY edition and it came with a paper manual. I just got the Fallout 4 console bundle last night which comes with the B.C. version of Fallout 3. Does anyone...