How to make my xbox trust a self signed certificate?

Discus and support How to make my xbox trust a self signed certificate? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a self signed certificate for a website im using on xbox, but the certificate is not trusted. How can I make it trusted inside the xbox?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Owen Hills, Oct 14, 2023.

1. Owen Hills
    Owen Hills Guest

I have a self signed certificate for a website im using on xbox, but the certificate is not trusted. How can I make it trusted inside the xbox?

:)

Owen Hills, Oct 14, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

you can't, Xbox browser is not intended as a cool beat your web browser and has many things disabled to prevent malware
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Websites security certificate

It might be that the Xbox 360 browser doesn't have an up to date root certificate library, and that some pages use a digital certificate that is unknown to the Xbox 360. Or it might be that you are trying to go to a site with a self signed certificate (e.g.
    a smart home device in your own network).

There is unfortunately nothing you can do about that, as you can't add anything to the Xbox 360's certificate storage.

Depending on what page you are surfing to, you could try to visit the page via unencrypted http instead of https, or if you REALLY trust the page and don't have to transmit personal information like credit card data or passwords, you can ignore the warning.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

: Adding a Certificate to the Trusted Root Certificate Authority

Instead of creating a "sniffable" environment that undermines the security of encrypted traffic for the sake of age appropriate content, I'd rather recommend using the whitelist feature of allowing only certain websites for your kid, or only allow certain
    age appropriate software.

I don't know what exactly you try to achieve by sniffing SSL traffic, but if kids find out their parents "sniffing" around their (valid personal) secrets, this will eventually lead to your kids not trusting you.

And in extreme situations, they might then seek trust in people other than their parents, through non-digital means, that you can't control.

So talk to your kids and explain them what you think is age appropriate for them and explain why you want to keep them away from some content.

Making kids understand why some adult material is bad, keeps them away from that content by themselves, if they trust your reasons, why you want to protect them from those things. At least in my experience
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Adding a Certificate to the Trusted Root Certificate Authority

There's a lot going on here skipping a few key things in order to progress with what you're asking. Do you have access to the firewall and its configuration? What led you to the conclusion that you need to install a Root Certificate Authority for it to
    function through the firewall?

The firewall inspects traffic that comes in and goes out of a network. It's acting as a boundary guard between a local network and the world wide web (I could have just said the internet, but I'm going full training video here). As a boundary guard, if
    you have access to the configuration, it will do what you tell it to do, and no more. So if you have access to the configuration, you can configure it to allow

all Xbox Live ports
    through the firewall, either for the entire network or limit it down to the one specific device.

So if you could provide a bit more information about how you got from point A to point

Root Cert issued by a Root Certificate Authority
    is needed, that can help us solve the trouble you're having, which I'm assuming is your Xbox Live network traffic isn't getting out to the internet, correct?
  6. BenManfield Win User

Adding a Certificate to the Trusted Root Certificate Authority

+1

I would like to inspect encrypted traffic to ensure it is age appropriate.
Thema:

1. How to make my xbox trust a self signed certificate? - Similar Threads - trust self signed

2. Can't create a developer account (Microsoft runs on trust error)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't create a developer account (Microsoft runs on trust error): Hello. Yesterday, I was going to sign up for developer access, but I backed out. Today I decided to go ahead and sign up. I used the same account, but this time it gave me a "Microsoft runs on...
  3. Trust predator steering wheel not working on xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Trust predator steering wheel not working on xbox 360: Hi, i have an xbox 360 and an trust predator gm3100r and i try to conect my wheel to the xbox and it does not work, it shows power light on the wheel but it still does not work the game ive tried...
  4. On what profile i can see to turn off the "allow trusted skins only" button on PC? in xbox?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On what profile i can see to turn off the "allow trusted skins only" button on PC? in xbox?...: I tried to look in the Minecraft launcher but there is no profile button. I click on "manage profile" button where you can find after you click on the nickname top left like the Xbox nickname. So...
  5. I can't get my controllers to work anymore xbox 360 and Trust GXT 545

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't get my controllers to work anymore xbox 360 and Trust GXT 545: Greetings! I've been using an XBOX 360 wireless controller on my pc for many years, I have a controller and a wireless adapter, it was always working fine, then recently I bought a 2nd...
  6. How to contact the Xbox trust and safety / wordfilter team

in XBoX on Windows
    How to contact the Xbox trust and safety / wordfilter team: Support was useless so far, and there really seems to be an error in their wordfiltering algorithm. It's about my name/gamertag. I dunno about you, but I think it would make one think of...
  7. My Trust GXT EMITA 252 microphone don't work with Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Trust GXT EMITA 252 microphone don't work with Xbox series X: How can I get it work with the console? Its an USB microphone and the Xbox don't read it. Please help me. 3dc81153-6d50-4a9e-8ac6-a398d7257d89
  8. Flight Simulator 2020 crashes on PC with Trust GXT 555 Predator Joystick

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flight Simulator 2020 crashes on PC with Trust GXT 555 Predator Joystick: when i plug in my Trust GXT 555 Predator Joystick Flight Simulator crashes. when Trust GXT 555 Predator Joystick is plugged in and i start Flight Simulator it won't start. Name der fehlerhaften...
  9. Can I connect the Trust Gxt emita plus streaming microfon anyways to my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect the Trust Gxt emita plus streaming microfon anyways to my xbox: I read that i cannot use the trust mic with the usb and my question is Can i use the trust emita plus streaming microfon anyways on the xbox one s? Please reply to me. Microfon:...
  10. headset trust gxt 383 dion bass vibration 7.1

in XBoX on Windows
    headset trust gxt 383 dion bass vibration 7.1: Hello I have the Trust GXT DION 7.1 and the usb port at the gigital connect box broke..What can i do , because i cant control the sound , the vibration and the mic in not working..Anyone?...