How to link my son's gamer tag to my Microsoft account please

Discus and support How to link my son's gamer tag to my Microsoft account please in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello! I'm going round in circles here..... My son was gifted some FIFA points for a birthday present. They were purchased at Smyth's toy stores so it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Rachel Elias, Oct 17, 2023.

1. Rachel Elias
    Rachel Elias Guest

Hello! I'm going round in circles here..... My son was gifted some FIFA points for a birthday present. They were purchased at Smyth's toy stores so it was a code to redeem. I redeemed this in my Microsoft account as I thought my son's gamer tag was linked to that account. The points are showing as redeemed but are nowhere to be seen. Can I retrospectively link his Xbox account to my Microsoft account?!? I have asked EA for support and Microsoft. I've been told to go into Smyth's to ask them which feels ludicrous as they will definitely refer me back to ea/Microsoft. Does anyone have any ideas at all that might help? Thank you

:)

Rachel Elias, Oct 17, 2023
  2. Stephanie Dequito Win User

Hi Rachel! I'm more than happy to help you out!

I'm sorry to hear that you have accidentally redeemed your codes on your account. I know how it feels like since I am a gamer too.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to link your Microsoft account to a different Microsoft/Xbox account.

Changes cannot be made once the codes were successfully redeemed.

It is also not possible to transfer any content from one account to another unless you bought the gift card as gift and redeemed it under your son's account.

For your son to use the FIFA points, you will need to have your son use your Microsoft account and play the game on the console.

Please be advised that we are only Microsoft users just like you here in this community. We are not Microsoft employees and we do not have tools to manage your account.

Kind regards,
    Stephanie
  3. SheFuxknDope Win User

HOW TO CHANGE GAMER TAG TO XBOX 360 GAMER TAG

For some reason my new gamer tag linked itself to my old gamer tag email address. I don't know how to change that and to link my old gamer tag back to my Microsoft account. I believe that's why I cant play as my old game tag. Is there a way to fix that?
  4. Brittanica2320 Win User

Today I lost my love of Microsoft

It is not the first time the gamer tag was changed. It was my account tried to change it to my sons with his gamer tag not mine.
  5. GAURANGUBHAYAKAR Win User

family group

Does my son's gamer tag stay on my account?

can I transfer the gamer tag to his own email?
  6. GhoulsANDGhosts Win User

Recover gamer tags on Xbox 360 after the hard drive as deleted.

Yes they were live accounts that's why they had gamer tags. A few years ago you can set up a gamer tag on the Xbox without the link to a Microsoft account so how do you recover these old gamer tags without a Microsoft account?
Thema:

1. How to link my son's gamer tag to my Microsoft account please - Similar Threads - link son's gamer

2. I recently switched my son over to using his own account for Fortnite. I was trying to link...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently switched my son over to using his own account for Fortnite. I was trying to link...: I am working on trying to add vbucks to my sons Fortnite account however it was pointing to my gamer tag. In an effort to link it to his gamer tag, I am running into problems. It is not allowing...
  3. Hello is my son's xbox account linked to a Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello is my son's xbox account linked to a Microsoft account?: My son has accidentally logged out of his account and doesn't remember the login and has been wondering if his xbox account is linked to a Microsoft account. Since we forgot the email I'm not sure...
  4. Sons xbox account cant link to epic games account because account (mine) already is an epic...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sons xbox account cant link to epic games account because account (mine) already is an epic...: Maybe some lovely smart people can help me wrap my brain around this. It doesn't seem like it should be so confusing and hard to do but it is. I have been in contact with epic games support for...
  5. I can't get my son's new Xbox to link to epic games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't get my son's new Xbox to link to epic games: Hello my son got a new Xbox and when we logged in we logged in with the Microsoft account like it asked. None of his games or gamer tag are showing up. When I tried to link the new Xbox to epic, I...
  6. My step son is playing warzone on my Xbox account which is linked to my steam account. I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My step son is playing warzone on my Xbox account which is linked to my steam account. I...: My step son is playing warzone on my Xbox account which is linked to my steam account. I want or is there a way to unlink my steam to set on his steam account so he can just play on his own pc? So...
  7. We cannot find the email address link to fornite on my sons Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We cannot find the email address link to fornite on my sons Xbox: I have contacted epic games and given the following ref my son:- Xbox gamer Id Email address connected to Xbox Evidence of fortnite purchases via Xbox/microsoft account Fornite works fine and...
  8. Unlink my PSN with my MSN, so that my son can link his PSN to my MSN. It is nearly...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unlink my PSN with my MSN, so that my son can link his PSN to my MSN. It is nearly...: Hi. I want my PSN getting unlinked with my MSN, so that my son can link his own PSN to my MSN containing his Minecraft. It is nearly impossible to get help, and for me very frustrating, cause it...
  9. Why can’t my son link his Xbox A/C to the EA companion app?!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t my son link his Xbox A/C to the EA companion app?!: Hi, my son has been going nuts trying to figure this out! He’s been on the chat to EA on and off for 4 hrs now and they either hang up or tell him a set of instructions that do not end in them...
  10. My son cannot link his Fortnite account from pc to XBOX ONE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son cannot link his Fortnite account from pc to XBOX ONE: Hello. My son plays Fortnite on PC and now he wants to play it on Xbox but unfortunately he cannot do that as a message says: " To do this. You are unable to see content other people make because...