How to keep someone blocked?

Discus and support How to keep someone blocked? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I have someone that I want to block. So, I go to their profile and block them. Then, when I click off and go back to their profile to check and make... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by ColinDooley1, Aug 21, 2023.

1. ColinDooley1
    ColinDooley1 Guest

I have someone that I want to block. So, I go to their profile and block them. Then, when I click off and go back to their profile to check and make sure it worked, it doesn't give me the option to unblock it instead gives me the option to block them again. Is this just a bug and this person is actually blocked or did the block not work and this person can still contact me?

Note: this happens on xbox game bar for pc, Xbox app for pc, and mobile Xbox app.

:)

ColinDooley1, Aug 21, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help.

It could be a bug, but try this procedure: Blocking another player prevents you from receiving player messages, game invites, and party invites. This also prevents the player from seeing their online activities and removes them from their friends list if they are on it.
    There are two ways to mute a player from here:
    If they're on your Friends list, select their Friends profile, then select More Actions button  > Search > People. Enter their gamertag, and when you find the player, select their profile and select the More Actions button .
    Select Block to disable their ability to communicate with you.
    To unblock a player, follow the same steps to access the player's profile and select Unblock.

Hope I helped and see you soon
  3. Daft Badger Win User

Please get rid of the block feature

Not going to happen,thankfully.

The block tool is a handy feature to help people keep safe & avoid unwanted attention on xbox live.

If someone starts spamming me with party or game invites then i'll block them.If it's a spam bot sending links to "dodgy" websites then i'll block them.Same for anyone sending offensive or harassing messages etc etc.

There's around 100 million xbox live users,could you imagine how long it would take if you had to provide a reason to Microsoft in order just to block someone? Never mind the amount of staff they would have to hire just for that,which all costs money.

If someone blocks you then don't worry about it,just move on,it's no big deal.
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Cheaters

If you think someone is cheating just report that person or block him. After that keep playing normally!
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Rainbow Six Siege

If you think someone is violating the Code of Conduct just report that person or block him and keep playing normally.
  6. Aztr1x Win User

nuisence adding

Hello Bob!

To prevent someone from annoying, or persistently messaging or spamming you, you can block them. You can find more information about blocking on "How
    to Mute or Block Other Players on Xbox One
    ". This page will also provide you with instructions on how to do this, and what Blocking does once you have blocked someone.

Hope this helps, have a nice day.
Thema:

1. How to keep someone blocked? - Similar Threads - keep someone blocked

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this: I previously had the Xbox one s, but yesterday bought the Xbox series s as an upgrade to be able to play ncaa football coming out in July. My issue is that I can no longer play rainbow six siege...
  5. xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users: I'm setting up a new pc. Trying to download games to try on it. I log into my account on firefox with no issues. But when I launch the app on the pc it keeps logging me into a similar but...
  6. Cod mw3 keeps telling me to buy gold when i am already gamesharing with someone who has...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cod mw3 keeps telling me to buy gold when i am already gamesharing with someone who has...: I actually bought cod mw3 for a friend and it keeps telling him that he needs gold, now he is gamesharing with someone who already has gamepass ultimate which i believe includes gold. What can he...
  7. Someone is trying to access my account. I keep receiving security codes in my email that I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone is trying to access my account. I keep receiving security codes in my email that I...: I have received 2 request codes since yesterday evening that I never sent and I cannot figure out how to directly get in contact with microsoft to ensure that I am secure. What can I do....
  8. can someone help me find out why I keep getting a (C0000005) error when trying to play the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can someone help me find out why I keep getting a (C0000005) error when trying to play the...: I am trying to play the 2004 axis and allies game on my Windows 10 pc. It will crash when I try to load a scenario from the campaign. I get the following error message { thread ASYNC caught...
  9. Why am I getter my banned for saying [mod removed] but someone keeps saying the f word in...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getter my banned for saying [mod removed] but someone keeps saying the f word in...: I have been banned for a week for saying the b word, but someone else has messaged me a dozen times saying the f word and regardless of my reporting the messages are still there and nothing is...
  10. Someone keeps trying to sign into my account, but keeps failing. This locks my account so I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone keeps trying to sign into my account, but keeps failing. This locks my account so I...: Hello! I recently tried to sign into my Microsoft account, but failed as my account was locked due to too many failed sign in attempts. I then looked at the history of my account and saw this:...