How to keep Microsoft account secured?

Discus and support How to keep Microsoft account secured? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, my Microsoft account got hacked by someone but I am not sure how they hacked my account and who they are. I changed my password already but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by linhole, Jan 8, 2024.

1. linhole
    linhole Guest

Recently, my Microsoft account got hacked by someone but I am not sure how they hacked my account and who they are. I changed my password already but it seems they still have access to my account. My question is what I can actually do to recover my account back to full security and also is it possible to transfer my stuff to another Microsoft account?

:)

linhole, Jan 8, 2024
  2. linhole Win User

Is my account secure then after changing my password? Is it possible that the people who hacked me can still have access to my account?
  3. Mistress Sara Win User

Hi there,

To secure your account, in addition to creating a strong password and keeping that information secure, you can enable two-step verification on your account. Information on how to set that up can be found here.

As for transferring items to another account, that is not possible. nothing - including, but not limited to purchases, game saves, achievements, etc. can be transferred between accounts.
  4. AndreHBuss Win User

Xbox gamer tag hacked

5. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Hacked account

6. Tomm_A Win User

Password Reset

Hello Dakotea,

Thank you for your prompt response.

If you cannot recover the account through the account recovery process established by Microsoft, consider creating a new Microsoft account and make sure to keep it more safe and secure to get easily recover and strengthen it against attack. Follow the recommendation provided in this link: How to help keep your Microsoft account safe and secure - Microsoft Support

Thank you for choosing Microsoft and stay safe!

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. How to keep Microsoft account secured? - Similar Threads - keep Microsoft account

2. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  3. Microsofts Account Recovery Process is not keeping up with the times.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsofts Account Recovery Process is not keeping up with the times.: Recently my son was phish through discord and had his Microsoft Account immediately hijacked. Although he had two step verification on, he did not have additional MFA protection, however I don't...
  4. I have £ 40 in my Microsoft account it won't lete use it to purchase a game it keeps...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have £ 40 in my Microsoft account it won't lete use it to purchase a game it keeps...: I have £40 in my Microsoft account. I want to purchase a game but it keeps wanted to take it out of my card. I do not owe Microsoft any money. I have a full account. No problems ever paying What's...
  5. Microsoft account page keeps refreshing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account page keeps refreshing: I am trying to cancel my xbox game pass subscription from the website and for multiple days now the page keeps constantly refreshing and therefore i cant cancel my subscription. I have tried...
  6. I keep getting emails about purchases I made on Fortnite with my Microsoft account even if...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I keep getting emails about purchases I made on Fortnite with my Microsoft account even if...: For 3 months now, I get emails about purchases I made on Fortnite on my email, when I go to Microsoft to check transactions, nothing. Epic Games doesn't have an account my email so whats up? I...
  7. Switch Minecraft keeps forgetting microsoft account users!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switch Minecraft keeps forgetting microsoft account users!: We have 2 switches and 2 users and 2 microsoft accounts and 2 copies of minecraft. Both users are registered on both switches, however if I change user it forgets the microsoft account details for...
  8. My Microsoft account keeps getting Hacked (Minecraft)

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account keeps getting Hacked (Minecraft): So My minecraft account keeps getting hacked i dont seem to see anything changed on my microsoft though which is good. but every single time or once in a while i get hacked by the same guy how can...
  9. my microsoft account web page keeps itself refreshing.

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft account web page keeps itself refreshing.: My microsoft account web page keeps itself refreshing. I can not renew my subscriptions and payment methots. I tried with 3 different computers and 5 different browsers.(private modes included)....
  10. How can I change existing microsoft account to my sons name and email address keeping the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I change existing microsoft account to my sons name and email address keeping the...: Every since my son has moved out and got his own xbox, the games, data and stuff he paid for in games he wants to keep. Would this be possible or can someone suggest any other alternative? The...