How to invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X?

Discus and support How to invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On the Xbox Series X from the Accessibility section of the Settings menu how do I invert the X axis of the Right Analogue Stick.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aptom, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Aptom
    Aptom Guest

On the Xbox Series X from the Accessibility section of the Settings menu how do I invert the X axis of the Right Analogue Stick.

:)

Aptom, Dec 9, 2023
  2. Aptom Win User

I thoroughly looked through both options. Neither option had the ability to invert the X axis on the right analogue stick. Both gave me the option to invert the Y axis on the analogue stick but not with the X axis. Can you walk me through all of the steps again this time using screenshots? Thank you.
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Aptom,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that your query is related to inverting the X axis on the right analogue stick on Xbox Series X. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

To invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Select "Profile & system" from the guide.

3. Select "Settings" from the Profile & system menu.

4. Select "Ease of Access" from the Settings menu.

5. Select "Controller" from the Ease of Access menu.

6. Select "Button mapping" from the Controller menu.

7. Select "Invert right stick X axis" from the Button mapping menu.

8. Toggle the switch to "On" to invert the X axis on the right analogue stick.

If the steps do not work, try the step below:

To invert the X axis on the right analogue stick on Xbox Series X, you need to use the Xbox Accessories app. This app allows you to customize your controller settings, such as swapping sticks, triggers, buttons, and inverting axes.

Here are the steps to invert the X axis on the right analogue stick:

• Launch the Xbox Accessories app from your Xbox Series X dashboard or download it from the Microsoft Store if you don’t have it already.
    • Select the controller that you want to customize and press the Menu button on your controller.
    • Select Configure and then choose a slot to save your custom profile.
    • Select the right stick and press the A button on your controller.
    • Select Invert X-axis and press the A button again to confirm.
    • Press the B button to go back to the previous screen and then select Save to apply your changes.
    You can also rename your custom profile and assign it to a specific game if you want. Your custom profile will be applied to all games that you play with that controller, unless you switch to another profile or the default one.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Aptom,

Thank you for patiently waiting and truly apologized for some delay from my end in responding your concern.

We have reproduced the issue in our end and you are correct that it is only inverting the Y-axis that is available in the option. We have discussed this already with our internal support team and it seems that this is a feature limitation. Although this has been brought up by some players already and it may take time to have this feature available soon on the next future updates with the console.

On the other hand you can submit your request through the Xbox insider community which you can find in this link: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

Thank you for bringing this concern we appreciate your idea and feedback. This will help improves the gaming experience for you and everyone else in the community.

Sincerely,

5. TripleTopper321 Win User

How Do You Flip the X axis on a USB controller plugged into the Adaptive controller

If you said all I could do is swap the left x axis with the right x-axis that doesn't no good except switching hands.

I need the ability to invert the x-axis so that right becomes left and left becomes right for both the camera controls for Super Mario 64 like camera control and for making a right-handed fight stick left handed by rotating the physical fight stick 180 degrees, and flipping the left x axis and flipping the left y axis for both of those purposes.

You could remap the left x axis to the right x-axis but you can't flip either axis there's a big difference between remapping axes and flipping axes

Neither your application app for the standard controller nor the Adaptive controller will let you flip the axes. You could flip the y-axis for like flight games but you never thought of flipping the x-axis for Super Mario 64 and for right-handing a fight stick.

I know if the digital inputs are used you could simply map up to be down down to be up as well as right to be left and left to be right on the d-pad and you got a perfectly inverted joystick but some games like ones that use digital movement can't do that easily.
  6. Altage Win User

Invert X axis on xbox one x

Usually, the x axis isnt inverted. The Y axis has an invert option for FPS games, or other games that you may invert the Y axis.
Thema:

1. How to invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X? - Similar Threads - invert Axis Right

2. Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...: Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific sinus wave inverter for the backup c98c1f89-569d-494c-8d8f-1072e12bb841
  3. Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.: I'm trying to play some OG Xbox games that have inverted controls by default, with no in-game option to reverse it, specifically Otogi. The Xbox controller app only allows for inversion of the Y...
  4. Why is my mouse inverted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my mouse inverted: Hello so the problem that I have is that my mouse is inverted, What I mean by inverted is that when I move up my mouse it moves down and same backwards, Its not just a game problem because here in...
  5. Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls

in XboX Insiders
    Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls: So recently I been downloading more 360 games to play and this never happened to me til now. A few games I downloaded, the controls were just inverted by default with no change to the settings at...
  6. Invert X-Axis in Xbox Accessories app

in XboX Insiders
    Invert X-Axis in Xbox Accessories app: Xbox Accessories>Configure>Edit>Mapping>Right Stick>Primary>"Invert X-Axis" does not exist! (Invert Y-axis) is a setting that exists, exactly, in the same menu. However, having an X-axis...
  7. Invert X-Axis on Xbox Series

in XBoX on Consoles
    Invert X-Axis on Xbox Series: Hi there, My girlfriend is certainly one of the few percentages of humanity for whom the x and y axes have to be inverted in many games (e.g. working with point-of-view angles). She regularly...
  8. Where can I invert the x or y-axis for the analog stick on the Xbox Elite Series 2...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I invert the x or y-axis for the analog stick on the Xbox Elite Series 2...: This is a screenshot of the Xbox Accessories app. As you can see I am on the stick tab. There is no option to invert the x or y-axis. Why can I invert them on a normal Xbox controller but not...
  9. Option to invert left stick x-axis in Xbox Accessories App on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Option to invert left stick x-axis in Xbox Accessories App on PC: Would it be possible to add the option, in the Xbox Accessories App on PC, to invert the x-axis of the left stick of the xbox one controller (or any supported controller)? I can't imagine that it...
  10. There is no option to invert the x or y-axis on the Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    There is no option to invert the x or y-axis on the Elite Series 2: You can invert them on a normal controller but not on the Elite Series 2. I looked through the Xbox Accessories App but there is no option for it with the Elite....