how to i get Xbox gamebar to stop opening with my controller

Discus and support how to i get Xbox gamebar to stop opening with my controller in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've tried literally everything, every setting related to gamebar I've unchecked/ checked. and still without fail it continues to open with my xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jeveltic, Jan 30, 2024.

1. Jeveltic
    Jeveltic Guest

I've tried literally everything, every setting related to gamebar I've unchecked/ checked. and still without fail it continues to open with my xbox button. I'm trying to use steam big picture mode and every time i hit that Xbox button gamebar appears and its really starting to piss me off. any suggestions?

:)

Jeveltic, Jan 30, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Jeveltic, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Yes, you can disable it on the settings.

To do this, follow these steps:

Open the Xbox Game Bar by pressing the Windows key + G.

Click on the Settings icon (gear icon) on the right side of the screen.

Click on the Shortcuts tab.

Uncheck Open Game Bar using the Xbox Button.

[​IMG]

Let me know if it works!
  3. NolanLosch Win User

Forza horizon 4 doesnt work

If I open xbox gamebar it says controller disconnected and nothing happens when I press A on series s
  4. Patirisha Win User

Looking For Group PC To Console

Open Gamebar open Gamebar Widget Menu and add "Looking for group". Done.

Open Console Companion and do like always. Done

Don't open Xbox App because Xbox App is not Gamebar nor Companion.
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

Windows Cursor appears whenever I'm playing a game

open gamebar, at the top where you see the clock you will see a mouse icon called click though, click it, should stop that from happening.
  6. ChrisPena2001 Win User

Xbox Game Bar is not working

I can open gamebar and record but i cant join a persons game when invited my gamebar freezes when i click join game or accept
Thema:

1. how to i get Xbox gamebar to stop opening with my controller - Similar Threads - gamebar stop opening

2. I am struggling with parties using Gamebar(PC)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am struggling with parties using Gamebar(PC): When joining Xbox parties using PC gamebar or the Xbox app(PC), no one can hear me, my microphone is locked as muted and cannot be changed, and everyone in the party is labeled as disconnected. I...
  3. When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar: Why did the copy link feature get removed from gamebar? I used to upload my pc clips to my xbox live activity feed but ever middle of 2023 the feature has been gone. I’ve seen a post that says we...
  4. how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar: how to enable xbox voice chat in background on pc gamebar a6c37fb7-5f65-4a63-9022-92c1bf0a8e57
  5. Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing: Im on pc, and I can't see the xbox gamebar social menu anymore. I've tried to re enable it but its not it settings like all the other widgets. It kinda just disappeared overnight. I don't get an...
  6. Xbox gamebar messages widget disappeared?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox gamebar messages widget disappeared?: Opened up xbox gamebar to invite a friend to play forza horizon only to see that the messages widget is nowhere to be found, its not at the top where you can enable/disable, its just gone. Did I...
  7. i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...: i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are turned off and ive tried everything but nothing works 051f8856-7c53-4954-a46f-3f47ff8ed1f7
  8. Xbox gamebar sign in doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamebar sign in doesn't work: I was wondering how to and if you can fix a glitch with gamebar that when I open it it doesn't log me in and each time I try to log in it comes up with signing in for about 0.1 seconds and then...
  9. Gamebar Party Chat stops working when overlay is closed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamebar Party Chat stops working when overlay is closed: Ever since the latest windows 11 update the Xbox gamebar is not working properly. Party chat only works when the overlay is on the screen. As soon as I close the overlay the other members of the...
  10. My xbox gamebar has stopped showing my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox gamebar has stopped showing my friends list: Hi, My xbox game bar has stopped showing my friends list and just says " we cant show your friends right now, try again in a bit" Ive followed steps on other posts , ive signed out and in,...