How to have Xbox 360 sound in monitor

Discus and support How to have Xbox 360 sound in monitor in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I bought used Xbox 360 S and I connected it with my MSI monitor through HDMI cable and I can’t figure out how to have sound on monitor that have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kuba Kostrzewa, Sep 7, 2023.

1. How to have Xbox 360 sound in monitor

Hello, I bought used Xbox 360 S and I connected it with my MSI monitor through HDMI cable and I can’t figure out how to have sound on monitor that have build in speakers. Video is working perfectly but there is no sound and I don’t have any settings at my monitor to choose audio source. Do I need some kind of A/V to HDMI adapter?

:)

Kuba Kostrzewa, Sep 7, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Kuba! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Just to confirm have you tried the Xbox on a TV just to make sure the Xbox is outputting sound? Which MSI monitor do you have?
  3. Miss Portia Win User

Using Xbox with PC monitor

Is the 360 set to widescreen or normal? How about your monitor? It sounds like there is a setting mismatch on one or the other.
  4. MajorAwful Win User

Looking at getting a gaming monitor... Questions tho!

In order to connect a monitor to your Xbox 360 you will need an Xbox 360 VGA HD adapter or if your monitor has Hdmi a HDMI cable. Depending on your monitor you may need to setup a headset or speakers for sound but alot of monitors nowadays come either I
    built or packaged with the monitor.
  5. Argontheos Win User

Connecting to an HDMI computer monitor w/ built-in speakers?

Yeah it will. I game on a 1080p monitor with built in speakers. I use HDMI obviously, but I recently got a 360 E so I use the 3.5mm jack on that, with a decent bass unit and speakers, to provide the sound, and I've muted the monitor.

Doesn't seem to matter how good the monitor is... the sound is pretty tinny on them. Up-side is, when they have speakers, they also have a headphone jack, so if you have a decent set you should get rich quality sound and be fine.

My monitor is insanely slim... I guess there's not a lot of room for quality speakers. I'd suggest you get a demonstration of the monitor's sound before you throw down your cash though. {=D
  6. SandM1tch Win User

How to connect my xbox 360 to my computer monitor? Please Help

If the 2 inputs on your monitor are DVI (White) and VGA (Blue), Then if your PC has a DVI output, use that input on the monitor and use the VGA cable for the Xbox 360 on the monitor's VGA input.

-

With sound, you didn't really specify how you're set up for sound with your computer, but if its PC speakers with 3.5mm jacks, it'll need an extra adapter for the VGA cable. But get back to me on that first and then we'll see.
Thema:

1. How to have Xbox 360 sound in monitor - Similar Threads - 360 sound monitor

2. I've bought r2d2 xbox 360 but it plays standard xbox sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've bought r2d2 xbox 360 but it plays standard xbox sounds: I bought secondhand xbox 360 r2d2 special edition console but the startup and eject sounds are the standard xbox sounds it has the blue light round the power button so I don't think it's been...
  3. no sound in xbox 360 clips

in XBoX Games and Apps
    no sound in xbox 360 clips: i’ve been playing some 360 games in my xbox series x, and when i clip something in the 360 game it doesn’t have audio, the quality is good and for xbox one games and xbox series games clips is...
  4. Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on...: Hey, i have been experiencing an odd clicking/crackling sound on my new Xbox Series X. games include Fallout New Vegas and Far Cry 2. The sound seems to stop if i switch to mono, but I'd like to...
  5. Sound drops in xbox 360 backwards compatipility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound drops in xbox 360 backwards compatipility: I've noticed sound drop issues with some xbox360 games, but only those that use at least two discs to play while others that run on one disc are fine. I play these games on disc such as: dead...
  6. Xbox 360 E makes a loud buzzing sound on any game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 E makes a loud buzzing sound on any game.: I just recently picked up an Xbox 360 E that was boxed any only used a couple of times. I cleaned out the vents and sprayed some canned air in the fans to clean them out. I then went and inserted...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound: Hello, I recently bought an Xbox 360 Slim from a thrift store, when I plugged it in, the power button and eject button would make a sound, but it wouldn't turn on. I've checked the USB ports, the...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound: Hello, I recently bought an Xbox 360 Slim from a thrift store, when I plugged it in, the power button and eject button would make a sound, but it wouldn't turn on. I've checked the USB ports, the...
  9. No sound on XBox One for XBox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound on XBox One for XBox 360 games: I had some free time on my hands and decided to play some old games. I noticed that I could play Fable 1-3 through my game pass. But once I installed them I noticed a problem. NO SOUNDS!!!!! I...
  10. My HP Pavilion All in One has no sound when plugged in with an Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    My HP Pavilion All in One has no sound when plugged in with an Xbox 360: I plugged in my Xbox 360 to my all in one Pavilion through HDMI input and there is no sound coming from my computer. The video is perfectly fine but there just isn't any sound. I'm pretty sure...