how to have voice chat through headset only, off when headset isn't being used

Discus and support how to have voice chat through headset only, off when headset isn't being used in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't take hearing the ambiance noise of everyones living room via their kinect. I kept hearing a room full of kids crying for snacks yesterday. Just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by helvetica237, Mar 1, 2014.

1. helvetica237
    helvetica237 Guest

I can't take hearing the ambiance noise of everyones living room via their kinect. I kept hearing a room full of kids crying for snacks yesterday. Just plain creepy.

I don't want to plug in a headset just to mute them. Is it posible to have voice chat headset only, so that it is off if no headset is plugged in? This was the first thing I set up on my 360.

:)

helvetica237, Mar 1, 2014
  2. Headset through controller

Technically possible, but no one has done it. I think the most 360 games have used the headset is only for the mic for some really simple voice commands that didn't work that well. Tom Clancy End War being the one that tried the hardest. Would be really
    cool if NPC characters in games had their radio sent to the headset instead of playing through the speakers. GTAV have the character use a bluetooth headset when it detects a headset and no party chat and all the phone calls could come through your headset.

Smiling Cat-FAB725BA-E75F-400C-9250-ECD9955C9C75, Mar 1, 2014
  3. novasheep
    novasheep Guest
    voice chat not comming through my headset

I also run into the issue when I use my tv speakers I only hear the voice chat in the xbox headset even though I tell xbox to have the voice go through my headset and speakers.

novasheep, Mar 1, 2014
  4. FoxUno
    FoxUno Guest

bump. Im about to get my xbox one and i want to make sure i can turn that off bc i know how annoying it can be for other players.

FoxUno, Mar 2, 2014
  5. Chris Gelon
    Chris Gelon Guest
    Currently, there isn't. You will have to either individually mute them, or, as you suggested, plug in a headset.

Chris Gelon, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: