How to get Xbox Windows app to run games (Starfield) when logged into a different Windows...

Discus and support How to get Xbox Windows app to run games (Starfield) when logged into a different Windows... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I installed Starfiled gamepass edition on my Windows 10 PC. No issues, it runs well. When I log into the same PC using my work account, the Xbox app... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MitchellMalkoski, Sep 7, 2023.

1. How to get Xbox Windows app to run games (Starfield) when logged into a different Windows...

I installed Starfiled gamepass edition on my Windows 10 PC. No issues, it runs well.

When I log into the same PC using my work account, the Xbox app does see Starfield or other games that are installed. I am logged into the Xbox qapp with my same Microsoft account.

When logged into either Windows account, the Xbox app are both set to the same default install location. ( C:\XboxGames )

:)

MitchellMalkoski, Sep 7, 2023
  2. Sun Khou Win User

How to get Xbox Windows app to run games (Starfield) when logged into a different Windows account

Hi MitchellMalkoski

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Upon reading the description you have posted, it seems that you have an issue with Xbox wherein you want to know if it is possible when using a different account. Can you still be able to play your games installed from your main user account.

We understand that you really would like to know if it is possible to play your games on your Xbox app using a different user profile on your computer.

However, we would like to let you know that that it may be possible that you can play games using a different Windows account. But it still highly recommended, that you use your main Windows account to which you have registered the same Microsoft account that you have used to purchase the game.

By doing so, you can prevent having problems with Windows settings or game restriction options.

Thank you for understanding,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Sun Khou Win User

How to get Xbox Windows app to run games (Starfield) when logged into a different Windows account

Hello

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. CarTzy Win User

Starfield only 0x80004005

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are unable to launch Starfield and you are getting the error 0x80004005. This error usually means that there is a problem with the game installation or the system update. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:

- Make sure your Windows 10 is up to date and has the latest updates installed. - Run the Windows troubleshooter for apps and games. You can find it in Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters > Windows Store Apps.

- Check if there are any updates available for Starfield in the Microsoft Store app. If there are, download and install them.

- If the problem persists, you may need to reinstall Starfield. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features, find Starfield, and click on Uninstall. Then, go to the Microsoft Store app, find Starfield, and click on Install.

Please see unable to launch game troubleshooting here: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

I hope this helps you resolve the issue and enjoy Starfield. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day!
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Age of Empires IV 0x803F8001 error

Delete the game, after that log out of the Microsoft store app and Xbox app, then do this

Clear and reset Store cache in Windows

Step 1: Close Windows Store app if it’s running.

Step 2: In the Start menu search box, type WSReset (Windows Store Reset) to see Wsreset in the search results.

Step 3: Right-click on WSReset and then click Run as administrator option.

Step 4: restart Pc

Log back on both apps, remember that the email that has the subscription must log on the Microsoft store app (even if a different one is on the Xbox app)
  6. Jomari Arc Win User

I have a problem with log out

Hi,

It looks like that the auto sign in tick box was ticked when you first log in to you Xbox app, Here are steps on how to manually login to Xbox app:

Method 1: Here are steps on how to log out to Xbox app.

1. Open the Xbox app.

2. Select Settings

3. Select Sign Out.

Method 2: Here are steps on how to uninstall and reinstall Xbox app.

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

4. Hit Enter.

Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.

Method 3: Here is a
    link
    on how to manually log in to Xbox app.

Let us know how it turns out.
Thema:

How to get Xbox Windows app to run games (Starfield) when logged into a different Windows...

1. How to get Xbox Windows app to run games (Starfield) when logged into a different Windows... - Similar Threads - Windows app run

2. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore: Since a few weeks I face some difficult problems with the Xbox App on my computer. I receive a permanent loading screen when I start the app and it never changes a bit, even if I let it run for...
  5. My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.: I have tried so many different things to try and get the xbox app to get past the loading screen and I have not been able to. Everytime I launch the app I get to the loading screen that says...
  6. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App: Hello Microsoft Team, I used to install my Xbox games in my D:\ drive. Now I reinstalled my games in my C:\ drive and want to use my D:\ drive as a simple data storage. Unfortunately, Windows...
  9. Xbox app is frozen on the sign in page on my new MSI Stealth Studio laptop running Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app is frozen on the sign in page on my new MSI Stealth Studio laptop running Windows 11: Hi, I just received my new laptop and have spent the whole day installing all updates/patches. Upon launching the Xbox app, it comes up with a welcome page saying the laptop comes with free Game...
  10. Windows Store Apps isn't running at a high FPS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows Store Apps isn't running at a high FPS: Hello, I am using Windows 10 since 2016 and I always tried to use Windows Store's apps so I can get the best support for my apps, like GeForce Experience, Xbox Game Bar, etc... But one thing I've...