How to get game from external and internal storage to just internal storage

Discus and support How to get game from external and internal storage to just internal storage in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just switched from xb1 to series x and on of my games is installed on my external and internal storage, i tried to move them both to internal but it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Patty Raimondi, Dec 23, 2023.

1. How to get game from external and internal storage to just internal storage

I just switched from xb1 to series x and on of my games is installed on my external and internal storage, i tried to move them both to internal but it wont let me until my game finishes upgrading, but the upgrading keeps getting "stopped". What can i do to fix this?

:)

Patty Raimondi, Dec 23, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem, researching on the internet I was able to find that in the forum, the independent advisor Gerardo, recommends the following steps for a solution.

If you are completely sure that it is not a problem with the hard drive then I recommend first of all that you try connecting it through a different USB port on the console, just to rule out that as a possible reason for the problem.

If the problem persists please try doing the following things:

1. With the Xbox on, press the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it turns off completely.

2. Unplug the power cord from the console and wait 30 seconds.

3. Reconnect the power cable to your console and turn it on normally.

4. Check if the problem persists, if so, please reset your console to its factory settings keeping your games and applications as follows:

Go to Settings > System > Console Info > Reset Console > Reset and keep games and apps.

Information source (credits):
    https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/21e01bf0-707d-4d8d-9a89-06f17ba45ede

I hope to be of great help to solve your problem.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  3. WPAK Win User

Xbox one games crashing upon launch

Hi there,

just to be sure, are the games installed on the internal storage device or an external storage device?

If they are installed on an external storage device, please try and see what happens if the game is installed on the internal storage device and the external storage device is disconnected.
  4. BraddingoHD Win User

All digital games won't install saying "installing"

Do you have room on your internal/external storage? sometimes games require storage on internal and external
  5. ngocphi Win User

Has anyone noticed the smart delivery system is not installing the optimized for Series S and X version of games it is only installing the base Xbox One version ?

It is important to note you MUST install the game on the internal storage or the Xbox storage card

NOT any external hdd devices

To use optimized games

Are you installing on internal storage or external hdd
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Console re-downloading already installed games

Hello Magazine,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. I have split your post into its own thread in order to help you out directly. Whenever a game is moved from the internal storage to an external storage, a second progress bar shows up. This is not the game installing
    again. This progress bar is showing how far along the game is from moving between storages.

Just to be sure, you can access your Storage settings. Access your internal and your external storage to look for any duplicates.

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. How to get game from external and internal storage to just internal storage - Similar Threads - game external internal

2. How do I download a game and save it to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download a game and save it to external storage: It's not recognizing my phone is hooked up 514d0140-7277-4cdc-a56e-2413691971e0
  3. Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?: When I first got my XSX I tried playing games off my external seagate 2tb and after a period of time it would give me error (0x87e1001f), I just got a 5tb WD Black and my friend said he plays his...
  4. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  5. Help with transferring games between internal and external drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with transferring games between internal and external drives: Hi everyone, I have just bought a Seagate 2tb external drive for my xbox one s.It is formatted for games and is ready to go. However when i transferred a 360 title from internal to external...
  6. Why must play game from internal instead of external

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why must play game from internal instead of external: I was really getting annoyed by the fact that I had to move my games back and forth for no reason intill I called and got the answer that you have to play from internal not external which is a...
  7. How do I delete a game off of my internal hardrive without deleting it off my external drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I delete a game off of my internal hardrive without deleting it off my external drive?: How do I delete a game off of my internal hardrive without deleting it off my external drive? 296f134f-438e-418f-82be-9e1d082c657c
  8. Can you transfer games between an external and internal?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you transfer games between an external and internal?: Is there a way to properly transfer any game from my external D drive to my internal C drive? Anytime I've tried to do this the Xbox application just tells me to reinstall it rather than...
  9. Xbox Series S Storage problem moving games from external storage Device to internal Storage

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Storage problem moving games from external storage Device to internal Storage: Instale un disco duro externo en mi Xbox series S para almacenar juegos de que algunos juegos optimizados para la nueva generación no pueden ser reproducidos directamente del disco duro y tienen...
  10. Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?: my friend has 600gb on his external hard drive but it wont let him play the games he has on it unless he copys them to his internal hard please help i really want to help him fix this i looked up...